1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

That's not the impression I got from Acun when Ozan first signed. He spoke highly of him. Suppose that could be an employer backing an employee, but it struck me that they could be mates.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  2. oozkan

oozkan Member

Well that's a mixture of Acun's character and also a little bit nationalistic pride involved. I can easily say that one of the ingredients of his success is definetely this approach. He never made enemies, treats everyone as best pal, basically investing to his network paved his way to success. You have to understand that he didn't become rich because he found a great product to sell like Iphone, home appliances etc or did an amazing show business. He just bought the rights of unsuccesful tv shows in Turkey and made them popular thanks to his connections with football world and politicians (his uncle is still an MP). Most people watched his programs because of his guests. For example, in 5-6 years Ozan will be in a Dominican Island, for his Survivor TV show like many other football players did before.

3. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Probably bullocks but wouldn’t surprise me. A lot of the big time Charlies we’ve signed over the summer have done nowhere near enough. Even though last season’s squad was worse in terms of ability, at least they had a bit of fight in them. This season, we just completely capitulate and heads drop as soon as we concede.

I’m more shocked at Seri than Tufan though. We knew from Watford fans that Tufan was lazy and fat and probably not cut out for English football but Seri was a title-winner in this division last season with Fulham. I expect more from all of them but there’s a bigger wage discrepancy this year and the big earners aren’t doing enough.

4. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

It would appear so.:emoticon-0148-yes:

All kidding aside though,his lack of effort is appalling(he's not the only one) and he shows a huge lack of respect to his employer,us the fans and the Club in general.We don't need and can't afford to have players who aren't prepared to give 100% on the pitch?

You do wonder whether or not some of these players are on a decent 'win' bonus and the minute we lose a goal or two,they fling in the towel knowing they're not going to get one?

Contrast that to a player like Greg Docherty who comes on at 2-0 down, puts in a shift and gives his all trying to turn things round...I know which type of player I'd rather see on the bench on a weekly basis!!

We need a new coach who will deal with this type of attitude and adjust the starting 11 accordingly.If we can get that part right we can and will start climbing the table.

5. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Is it 'attitude' or is it just the sort of player he is?
    Watford fans saw it. We've seen clips of similar of him playing in Turkey.
    Similarish with Seri.
    Are we, and more worryingly 'the club', expecting players like that to do things that they just don't do?
    Extreme example, but Barca fans didn't expect Messi to work his rocks off. Better example is maybe Geo.
    I somehow think the bigger issue is that players like Seri (in particular) and Tufan (to a lesser degree) need certain players around them for them to play well. We simply don't have those 'certain players' around them. I keep saying, Acun / Tan / Shota over-estimated the quality of our defensive players, and as many have said, made a big mistake not recruiting some quality steel in midfield as well (maybe again over-estimating the quality of such as Slater?).

Wessie Exile likes this.
  6. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I agree to some extent with your post.We do lack a midfield hard man and defensively we are weak.That said,it wouldn't do any harm for the both of them to help out in that department?

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I think that is a fair assessment, the balance of the team is wrong, but as I have said before you don't always get in right in one window, come January the new manager needs to make sure these areas are rectified.

8. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Looks like another sponsor.

9. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

If this is where they're going on the shirts, where are the players names going?

10. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Figueiredo (number 6) changing his name to Jeton?

He's not a number ... he's a free man

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Don't think we'd actually be allowed to put the sponsor there on the shirts.

rovertiger likes this.
  12. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Think you've been subject to a Bertie Whooshter there

rovertiger and GLP like this.
  13. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Which is why a more gradual transformation of the squad was advised, a bit of a 'suck it and see' approach rather than just overhauling everything and ending up in the state we're in. It almost means we'll have to ditch some of our new signings come January.

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Personally, I would have gone for a more measured approach and added maybe 4 or 5 players in certain areas which needed strengthening. I certainly would have tried to keep Honeyman, but clearly, he wanted away, and Acun decided to let him go as rightly you don't want to keep a player if he is not 100% behind committed.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  15. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

But then don't replace him with several players who appear to be significantly less than 100% committed...

16. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Personally Ernie I believe the Turkish players play a different type of football normally, to a large degree they don't press, they allow time on the ball in areas of the pitch that their opponents deem not threatening, slower pace. For Seri, Pelkas and Tufan to have a better chance of flourishing, I think we need to play a higher back line pushing the whole team further up the pitch. But in doing that you have to be well drilled, yes, you are open to balls over the top, but you need one or two defenders with pace to cover that. It's risk and reward, at present we are doing neither, we sit too deep and invite teams onto us.This of course is IMO.

GLP and Ernie Shackleton like this.
  17. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Scuse my brain fart but exactly how many of our new recruits are actually Turkish ?

18. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

two?

19. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

20. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

The thing is, people are quick to forget how untimely those injuries were.

We badly lacked creativity and have brought that in with Seri and Tufan. We then lost both, and then Allahyar and then Tetteh.

We’ve only just got Sinik back, Salah isn’t a million miles away from returning and Christie must be nearly at full fitness now. Fleming can’t be far off (though after Elder’s performances in recent weeks, he may have to wait). Doc feels like a new signing after his return, so I think we’ll be alright this season and we can expect to see a bit more in January, I just hope the door remains open to the younger players so that there’s still a pathway.