1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I think the fact they’re both quite high-profile actors influences how they approach things. When you look at the most hated owners in football by their own fans like the Glazers, FSG, Brum’s owners, the Allams etc. they’re all ruthless businessmen. I don’t think they care so much about what the fans think and their businesses aren’t wholly dependent on their individual popularity. People think Bezos is a tosser but still buy from Amazon.

Whereas Reynolds’ and McElhenney’s careers depend on their personal popularity and image. If they piss off Wrexham fans in an unsavoury way, it will much more of a negative knock-on effect on their image than if they were simply businessmen. Take Kanye West for example, whose ramblings has cost him personally through losing brand deals and becoming persona non grata in the entertainment industry. Actors and musicians have more to lose from bad publicity than CEOs and shareholders.

They seem quite level-headed in their approach to running Wrexham. As long as they keep pumping money in and don’t make silly decisions that might alienate fans, they’ll be loved by Wrexham fans.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Good luck to Andy Cannon, a good professional pity it never worked out for him here, so wish him all the best. Good signing for Wrexham, I guess he is hoping they will be promoted, similar to Smallwood's move the Bradford, I hope it works of for him.

3. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

We should sign livakovic

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

He always looked steady away, but he never looked like kicking on once he was here, he never seemed to improve. The epitome of “you get what you pay for”.