1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

ARF!

2. Nikica Jellyfish

Nikica Jellyfish Well-Known Member

If Greaves genuinely thinks he should be on the same whack as Seri/Tufan he is living in absolute dreamland and can go. Seri has won the division and played European footy. Tufan captained Turkey and Fenherbache... Greaves whilst being a prospect is still only that, a prospect. If people are getting their knickers in a twist thinking he is not replaceable despite his only real noteworthy season being one that ended with us finishing 19th in the championship they have lost the plot. Figs is a prime example of how replaceable he could be, just because he is British has absolutely zero bearing on the showing on the pitch and whilst i want him to stay and develop if he wants out get rid move on.

3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Where has it been suggested he wants to be on the same as them?

4. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

I don’t get the Greaves love in. He is average & prone to mistakes…..I think a lot of the reason is down to the fact he is a local lad.
    If he had been born in Carlisle or Portsmouth would we give a **** that he’s off??? No

5. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Quite right. I’m bored with all these pages consumed by talk of his contract.
    Sell the greedy ****er and replace
    With a Turkish international

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I think you're being a bit harsh but I agree that the sentiment of him being home grown does cause a bit of rose tinted vision. He has potential, like KLP did, but he's way off being ready for the Premier League and he could do with another season with us before moving on.

7. Nikica Jellyfish

well he’s been offered a fair whack and he’s knocking it back under the assumption he wants to align with the top top earners. Reported many times by HT2 it’s a good deal for him but clearly agent in his ear hole. Keep for a year then get rid or even maybe Jan for me.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Arf

9. SydneyTiger14

That's funny, originally this post was just the first line, then you edited in that second line. There's another poster who has a tendency to edit almost every one of his posts.

10. SydneyTiger14

I thought HT was suggesting he wanted a shorter deal to have the opportunity to move on if a PL club came in, not that the wage was the issue. Let's not invent sticks to beat a local lad with, eh?

11. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

That was 'one of the issues'... Obviously money is one of the other issues...

12. SydneyTiger14

Sure, but I don't think it's been suggested he's asking for 30k+ and if it has been I'll stand corrected. But claiming he wants parity with Seri and others and then bashing him because of that supposed claim is a bit silly without evidence.

NewcastleTiger and Benjo like this.
  13. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

How things have changed since the days of Mally Lord, before the time many on here were aware of the goings on at City, when being a local lad was the cause for unnecesssary criticism which wasn’t levelled at players we had brought in. Criticism of local lads wasn’t confined to us either.
    Mally never gave less than 100% even if things were going wrong which is all I ask of players.

14. Nikica Jellyfish

I just think it’s foolish to assume a year on the deal makes as much of a difference as cash in his bank account especially with KLP and his agent in his ear. Don’t be naive.

15. SydneyTiger14

Not being naive just not willing to turn on our players at the drop of a hat because of paper talk.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  16. Nikica Jellyfish

Haven’t turned on the lad I’d rather be stayed, just stating realistic opinions on where his wage expectations should align.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  17. SydneyTiger14

Could have fooled me, doesn't sound like you want him to stay:

18. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence with it depending on what's true and what isn't...

If his head is truly turned then get rid. Yes he has ample potential but if he doesn't want to be here at an exciting time when ambition is back on the agenda then we could probably recruit someone more consistent than him for less money.

If his head isn't turned, then by all means keep him. He could be our next local hero at a time when we're trying to look upwards. Nurture his potential and embrace the fact that he's part of this vision for the club.

Best to speak in 'ifs' for now on both sides of the fence...

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  19. willyfog

willyfog Well-Known Member

I also don’t get the Greaves bashing because he rejects a contract and is suddenly ‘wanting what Seri and Tufan are on’.

Quite rightly he/his agent are trying to get the best deal possible and this involves putting his name out their to get an idea of his demand. Clubs showing an interest strengthens his hand and probably squeezes a bit more out of the club.

He should sign because it makes sense for his career pathway - KLP is a step ahead of him right now.

If he signs a 2/3 year deal and then goes for £12million in the summer to a Premier League team after another good season, I will not begrudge him at all.

If he left for Middlesbrough this season on the other hand :emoticon-0181-fubar

20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Just out of interest how much do you think we'd have to pay for a replacement ?
    And where would you be looking for one ?

He's a young promising player , that's it really , it's the market that's crazy , especially for English players

NewcastleTiger and Steven Toast like this.