1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

Of course they strive to play for their home town club it's way to step up the ladder a kickstart for some and most will look at the possibilitys of a club they are with and one that is already in the prem or another club that has better possibility's.

I mean KLP is just one example, Honeyman is another and Greaves will not be an exception either, whether it works for them who knows well maybe Tymon does.

2. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

If he's not signings at least a 3 year deal with an option, then what's the point?

We'll be in the exact same position next year, yet he'll be getting 3/4x his current wage.

It's a tough once for the new regime as like we've done with Cartwright, he should've been tied down to a much longer deal much earlier. Brentford always seem to do contracts well, they tie players down long term and then agreements are much easier as you can't run down a contract for someone who has 3/4 years left. Greaves should probably have been given a 4 year deal with an option after his Cheltenham loan, and then extended again once we got back up to the Championship.

We're talking about £7/8m for a player who could easily be worth £25/30m in a few years time. It's a bit of a piss take really.

I still hope that he and KLP will lead us to the PL. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing KLP back soon on loan. Brentford have already got Wissa, Mbuemo & Canos, just signed Damsgaard and want another forward too. This notion that he's going to get plenty of minutes seems quite misplaced.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I do think the approach of giving Greaves what he wants $$ wise and putting in a release clause if a PL club comes in for him set at say, 12-14m, would be the way to go. Gives him the assurance we won't stand in the way in 12 months if a club comes in for him, but also keeps him here at least another year to see how the year goes for us. If we make the play offs or go very close, he may well be happy to stay even if a PL club were to come in next summer.

Top_Tiger likes this.
  4. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Just blindly giving in to players demands sends the wrong impression IMO. If we do it for him then it's fair game for everyone to just demand what they want, both existing players and players we try to sign.

5. SydneyTiger14

It's not giving into players demands, it's giving into the demands of one of your best/most important players. If Docherty or McLoughlin wants to chuck a hissy fit about us not giving into their demands then they know where the door is, but I would think most players are pretty sensible and aware of their place in the team's hierarchy.

This is why I called you out the other day for repeatedly linking my comment about Greaves to the squad in general, when I've never suggested we should be giving every player in the squad a blank cheque.

Carmine Galante. likes this.
  6. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I agree about giving in to whatever a player wants, but this is why it’s called a negotiation, as long as we’re offering him a fair deal, he should realise he needs to give City a fair deal too. Right now there’s no absolute need to sign him up, we basically have 2 years left, at least a year of that to negotiate with him & if necessary look for his replacement. We’re always talking about what if a player gets injured & we lose out on a big fee, but the players need to realise the same thing, if he gets injured, he’s screwed in 2 years, if he signs for say 4+1 then he’s good for 5 years & on more money, with the hope he doesn’t get injured, potentially gets a big transfer, everyone gets money & all parties live happily ever after.

TwoWrights likes this.
  7. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

Where’s his girlfriend from?Hear the shopping is great In Middlesbrough.
    The Asda near the Riverside is excellent.

Evington likes this.
  8. amberman8

amberman8 Well-Known Member

Don't win anything with kids

Sumatran_Tiger likes this.
  9. SydneyTiger14

Surprised by that actually, with Figgy and Seri and a few others thought we'd be pushing up the bracket a bit.

10. ChezzysRightPeg

ChezzysRightPeg New Member

Hull, lives an expensive life style though, she's very good friends with KLP's girlfriend as well.

11. 1MoreAgain

But your willing to do it for one and not others, what if seri or tufan took a reduced wage to join and they said they want a better contract what then you would be setting a precedent for all to do it, you say no to others after giving him it then you create unrest, if he is waiting to see who comes in for him and will only sign if no one does it shows that he does not have his heart set on playing for the club if he can get out he will, and as you say he knows where the door is he gets paid enough money to just play football for a living.

12. SydneyTiger14

I said I'm not willing to do it for players who don't deserve it. If players deserve it then of course they should get given a salary relative to that.

To suggest that giving Greaves more money is bad because other players will be in a huff is akin to gaslighting him. As if to say, how dare he be so big in his boots and demand more money, he should know his place. "Just play football for a living" farking hell.

13. 1MoreAgain

Actually that is all he does play football, he does not work in a warehouse or collect bins work in a mall or shop, he gets very well paid to just play football and if he thinks thats not enough and wants more perhaps he is just feeling he is better than he actually is.

He could always get a part time job to top his wage up.

14. SydneyTiger14

If you seriously think all Jacob Greaves does with his week is play football for 90 minutes on the weekend I can't help you.

15. 1MoreAgain

your an idiot says it all you know i include training in that, but hey training and playing football for ****loads of money can't be a hard life, perhaps it's similar to armed forces who train everyday and go to hostile places and less for a month then he gets in a day or an nhs nurse how do you think it would be if one of those went in to their superiors and said i want a lot more to work here, they would probably be told that's ok you can move on.

Why should the club ****ing bow to what a player wants he works for them he signed a contract and was happy to and for someone a couple of years ago who was no where i would imagine he should already be living the dream in his position not holding the club to ransom by wanting more and waiting to see who comes in for him and then deciding he will have to settle for the club if no one does.

Quite amazing really when you think about it, this club made him to what he is yet he is not happy to stay with the offers that have been made or he would have signed them, he will drop this club as soon as someone offers more.

16. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

If people post their views on here and can’t stand to have them challenged, why bother?

17. 1MoreAgain

Switched what accounts.

If you think i use different accounts ask any of the mods they will tell you i have one account only.

18. DuaneDarby18

DuaneDarby18 Well-Known Member

While I agree with some of the points both of you are making, I really don’t think Jacob Greaves would leave just because someone offers more money. He seems a down to earth lad who loves playing for City. If anything, it’s likely his agent/agency are causing the problems in this case.

19. SydneyTiger14

Yeah to be clear my point about him deserving more money isn't necessarily saying he's demanding more money, just that people saying he should be happy with what he has etc. is a bit ridiculous as if football as an industry doesn't operate with vastly different sums to the rest of us. He should be paid what he's worth/deserves relative to his peers, that's all. I'm of the view he's one of the best in the squad and should be recognised as such, that's all.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Jermain Defoe has returned to Spurs as a member of the Academy coaching staff and Club Ambassador.