1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2017 Transfer Window - Out

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 30, 2017.

1. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Reading to days Fulham FC gossip column,whose comments are usually quite reliable,
    stated that Man U are in the running to sign RS and in doing so would be prepared to
    break the premiership record for a teenager ,25 / 30m, is the sum being talked about with
    him being retained by us for rest of the season.
    I believe this could be a good deal for us as long as the money is spent wisely and not like
    our last minute panic buying of past seasons.

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's a fantastic fee for a 17 year old, but we shouldn't take it. If a deal was done tomorrow, it's too late in the window to spend the money well, at least until January. If we wanted to sell in the summer, or even January, we still can; if we manage to get promoted, Ryan might be convinced that he doesn't need to leave - would a big club be able to give him regular first team football? If we're offering that in the Premier League, it would make us a better place for him for the time being. My suspicion is that his value is only going upwards for the next few years, so let's not be in a hurry to sell.

Cravingawin and Cottager58 like this.
  3. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Latest gossip news is that Middlesborough want Ream and a substantial offer has been made

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Lazing about at the hotel yesterday and my eye was caught by the headline in one of the sports papers that Dembele was going to Barca for just over €100 million. Snatched up the paper thinking we might be in for some sort of mega payout in terms of selling on fees, etc, on to discover that it is the Dortmund Dembele, not the Celtic one. Hugely disappointed. I may start a movement to lobby FIFA that insists that only one footballer can have a particular name - like no two actors joining Equity can have the same name. How many more brilliant footballers are named Dembele, incidentally. Are all Dembele's brilliant? Should we sign up a few random ones just in case?

Captain Morgan and 2whitestripes like this.
  5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm changing both of my sons' names by deed poll, to guarantee that they get scouted and have careers to keep Mrs Captain and myself in the standard of living to which I would happily become accustomed. Sorted.

2whitestripes and Fulhaman like this.
  6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whether to change my own name, but having watched Johnny Haynes play in 1966 maybe that ship has sailed.
    Forever the optimist ...............

Fulhaman and Cottager58 like this.
  7. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

On the subject of names,there was one girl at my junior school that i hoped got married.
    Her maiden name Anne Teek

8. 2whitestripes

A very old family name then.

9. 2whitestripes

10. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Love that finish from Fonte. Not sure Chris Martin could ever have hit one like that.

To keep this on topic - was Aluko injured today, or is he (semi-)officially gone?

11. 2whitestripes

Cottager58 and Surlyc like this.
  12. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The Gaffer said he had "a thigh problem". Social media veered from "on strike" to "we're signing Jordan Graham of Wolves so he must Aluko be gone".

Guess all will be revealed come Thursday.

13. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I will be interested to see what happens to young George Williams, he was at MK Dons on a youth scheme but did his ACL, he then joined Gillingham on a youth loan until the end of the season. And prior to the 2016/17 campaign he re-joined MK Dons on a temporary deal for the entire term, however was recalled to Fulham in January.
    On his return Williams played for the U23s for the second half of the season, and had a hand in 17 goals in 17 appearances, scoring 15 goals and making two assists with an impressive 69% shooting accuracy in the PL2. Yet he never gets a call up for the 1st squad and I find that very strange and wonder what happened to stop his progress.

14. Cottager58

Wee Georgie came back early from his second loan at MK Dons because he wasn't getting game time. Partly to build him up but mostly because Stevie Humphrys went on loan, they had him playing as a false 9 in the U23s during the second half of last season; hence his goals and so on. Despite those achievements, with the first team on a roll at the same time there was no way he was going to oust any of the those lads,.

This pre-season and in subsequent games he's back on the left wing. Sure he's won a couple of penalties, which he took and scored from but frankly while the desire is there that ruptured anterior cruciate ligament has cost him a yard of pace. Sorry to say, he's simply not the player he was.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Super Brian McBride likes this.
  15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

With Sone Aluko departing, we now have just 16 first team players that we actually own (plus five loanees) and a net spend of around £nil this window. Really not sure how to feel at the moment..

16. Cottager58

Here was me thinking at the weekend I'd not bother tuning into the 'Deadline Day' broadcast this year. Not all over till the fat lady and so on ...

17. Cottager58

A horrible rumour is coming out of the Everton camp that they are about sign Dennis Adeniran.

upload_2017-8-31_21-5-23.jpeg

18. Cottager58

He's gone !!!

Absolutely outrageous. Yet another massive talent gone for peanuts. I blame Rigg and his stupid short term contract policy for our Academy players.

I realise Dennis has had injury problems from last season but the lad is simply one fantastic footballer and would most certainly have broken into the first team. So it's not a money thing really, it's the loss of the potential.

19. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Of all our actions during the window, this is the only one I'm genuinely angry about. Adeniran should have been part of the first team squad this year but instead we've signed Cisse and let Adeniran go... it's stupid and ridiculous.

20. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

A club without ambition,? Just look who has gone in the past.