1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2017 Transfer Window - Out

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 30, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Might as well get the ball rolling.

Today there's a story running that Bristol City are interested in Marcus Bettinelli
    please log in to view this image

And over the last week -

Denis Odoi to Gent.
    Possibly as a swap for the (alleged) new loan Ricardo Avila

While Lasse Vigen Christian
    is reported to have his loan club Burton, newly promoted Sheffield United and Celtic all on his trail.

And Burton, along with Ipswich have their eyes on Cauley Woodrow

2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Also been loads of rumours recently about Ryan Sessegnon. Apparently Spurs are clear favourites to sign him, a fee of £12m repeatedly being mentioned.

Hopefully young Ryan is settled enough at Fulham, and also the first time opportunities he'll get here compared to Spurs will hopefully keep him here for a few more years yet.

3. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

£12m is nothing for Sessegnon. Real Madrid just spent £40m on a 16 year old with one first team appearance; Ryan is easily worth more than £12m after the season he had for us.

That said, his career would benefit from staying. Let's just hope he has wise heads around him.

2whitestripes and Cottager58 like this.
  4. Cottager58

And now The Mirror are saying that the Dark Side, who have sold Bergovic to Bournemouth, want Marcus as their back up keeper. You may recall that there were strong rumours about him being wanted by them last summer.

PS Good signing by Bournemouth. Thought their keeper last season was a weak link, especially in games early on, which put them under a fair bit of pressure.

5. Cottager58

Denis has successfully completed a medical with Gent and a 4 year deal is being offered. The two clubs have yet to agree terms however.

Quite a sad one really . He's not the strongest defender around but his crossing is a decided improvement on a certian LB I could mention. He come comes over as a real character as well, which must be good in the dressing room. If the Club are happy to let him go, can only assume they have a replacement in mind - 'cos there 'aint much (any?) cover for Fredericks.

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Sky are reporting that we have rejected an initial bid from Gent for Odoi.

To be honest, this can only be a case of him wanting to go. He was a very good backup for Fredericks and is a strong squad member. But if he feels a move back to Belgium (to a team that won the title a few years ago) is better for him, his family and his international ambitions... that's the only way this makes sense.

Cottager58 likes this.
  7. Cottager58

Beginning to get a nervy summer. The Sun say that Brighton "are poised to pounce" on Kevin McDonald.

The paper, who say Glasgow Rangers are also interested, are quoting a bid price of £2m (we paid £1.25m). Kevin has 2 years to run on his contract and I trust at that price we'll laugh them all the way back south. The local West London paper has also picked up the story and retaining it's 'insider' knowledge ends by saying "he's quite happy where he is".

8. Cottager58

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Georgie get his chance in the first team, but I rather suspect that's not going to happen, not least because he's effectively competing for a midfield/attacking spot with Ryan Sessegnon (and that's without mentioning the more established trio of Ayite, Kabano and Aluko), If he's not going to play, we should probably sell him this summer while we can still expect to get a half-decent fee for him. I'd be sad to see him go though.

10. Cottager58

Aye, would be a pity if he went without showing what he could do in the first team. That said, I've seen him a few times in the U23s this past season (admittedly only twice live) and he didn't seem to have his old pace and spark. Don't know if it's a result of the bad injury he had or whether it was because he tended to play a sort of central forward position. Mind he has scored a wodge of goals (and missed even more!).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

11. Cottager58

The Club hae confirmed that Cameron Burgess has joined Scunthorpe United on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee. Believe his new contract is for 3 years.

Six years the lad has been at the Club and can't help but feel that his fate was sealed by Magath. Still he's only 21 and has time on his side. Every best wishes to him.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    2whitestripes likes this.
  12. Cottager58

Celta Vigo want to make their loan signing of Fulham midfielder Jozabed permanent, apparently.

"The Galicians and the English Championship side agreed there would be a €5m purchase option in the summer although Celta are reportedly unwilling to pay that amount. Iago Aspas (the Viga boss) told Radio Galega,

"He wants to stay and the rest of his teammates want him to stay because he is an exceptional guy. I gave the club my opinion, and that is that I want him to remain.

"His release clause has to be lowered because it's quite high but we hope that, as the transfer window continues, everything returns to its place and that we can made a good offer to get him back.
    "

Source: http://www.football-espana.net/64465/aspas-hopeful-jozabed-deal

13. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

We will need to lower that release clause if we want to get rid - there isn't much money knocking round at the Balaidos to be fair.

Cottager58 likes this.
  14. Cottager58

All over our papers that Newcastle have offered £20m for Tom Cairney. However, the Serbian press has said that Jokanovic told them the bid had been rejected.

He is not for Newcastle, there is no business there, he fits in at Fulham. When the team has problems the ball always goes to him and he keeps it.”

Source: http://engleskifudbal.com/tekstovi/ljudi/na-kafi-sa-jokanom/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I see today that Hull want Kalas. Hopefully the news will encourage the club to get a move on and sign him up permanently before someone else does. Without meaning any disrespect to Hull, the chance to stay in London rather than uprooting and to play in a side that he knows and likes must give us the edge as long as those negotiating the transfer don't mess it up. I just wish I had more confidence that my last sentence won't be prophetic.

16. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Is that a biscuit I see before me?

Captain Morgan and Cottager58 like this.
  17. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Kalas is going to be off to Hull apparently there is strong links between Hulls new Russian manager and Abramovich which is a blow, especially as I like the sound of this French defender Jeanvier but Huddersfield are also in for him and I personally would love Tom Ince but Huddersfield have made an official bid for him as well.

18. Cottager58

19. Cottager58

Remember all the sightings and speculation about Jozabed Sanchez last summer before we finally signed him in August; from La Liga side Rayo Vollecano for a reputed £3m. Well, things could move quicker this time around.

Following Jozabed's return from loan, Real Betis were said be interested but our valuation of around £4m put them off. That was the figure we had in Celta de Vigo's loan agreement if they wanted to sign him permanently. But like Betis they weren't keen. However stories now doing the rounds say that we're prepared to drop the ante and are haggling with Celta over £0.5m before he's off. And they want it done quickly before the start of their pre-season training on 10th July.

The stories say €3million will get it sorted. A bit of a loss (in every sense) for us but as everyone knows he hardly featured and only Middlesbrough rued his limited appearance. Although QPR was one of last season's big What If's.

20. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Strong rumours surfacing that Scott Mslone may be off to Huddersfield for £3 million, Sessegnon maybe left back after all!