1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2017 Transfer Window - Out

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 30, 2017.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I think we need a keeper who can demand respect from the opposition and hence give more confidence to our defence.
    Last season Button didn't fill me with confidence, and let in a fair few easy goals. Bettinelli came back in with a lot more confidence than he had before, but I suspect he feels he no longer wants to be 2nd choice, but still doesn't have the quality of a top class keeper yet.

2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Apparently Watford are interested in Ryan Fredericks, no mention of any fee but we shouldn't be letting any of our better players leave on the cheap.

Massive amount of interest in our fullbacks this summer, we could be left in the ridiculous situation of only having Sessegnon left out of the 4 very good fullbacks we had last season.

Cottager58 likes this.
  3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Keep him, unless he's desperate for the move.

4. Super Brian McBride

The Club can confirm that Lasse Vigen Christensen has joined Brøndby IF for an undisclosed fee.

For me this is so wrong. Really don't know what Fulham are playing at with their youth policy. Why Bother ?

Cottager58 likes this.
  5. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Must agree with you SBMc B, especially after seeing that useless lump we have just acquired sauntering around
    in our 8 2 defeat against Chelsea

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

At least he'll get European football at Brondby. And for that and for him, good.

please log in to view this image

For us? What Superbri said really. Dreadful youth development and a lot of disgruntled supporters.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

LVC going has shocked me. I've been out of the loop a while but surely he's one we should be keeping hold of? What with the whole Dembele farce (the most recent one) you'd think we'd be wiser to it.

Cottager58 likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see him go, but it seems clear from last season that Jokanovic didn't see him as part of his plans. That being the case, it makes sense to sell him - at least we're getting a fee (undisclosed, natch) and letting him go on our terms rather than seeing him walk away at the end of his contract. We're quick to complain when the board doesn't let Jokanovic sign the players he wants; it seems hypocritical of us to complain when they let him sell the ones he doesn't want. I'd have kept LVC, but I trust Jokanovic - the last season suggests that he knows what he's doing.

2whitestripes likes this.
  9. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

LVC burned so brightly when we first came down to the Championship, but he's been very hot and cold since then. I'm sad to see him leave, as I am whenever one of our youth players leave, but I agree with the Captain's view above - if Jokanovic didn't want him, then sell him to raise funds for someone he does.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  10. Super Brian McBride

Ryan Tunnicliffe has joined Millwall on a 2 year contract.

11. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Anyone know what fee we got for him.

12. Super Brian McBride

He was released by the club in June so no fee.

13. Cottager58

Only just picked up that Jokanovic has brought in a new goalkeeping coach. Tim Flowers has gone.

Believe the new guy José Sambade started just last week with our trip to the Austrian training place. So maybe that's what the Gaffer was waiting on before deciding on keepers.

upload_2017-7-31_15-51-10.jpeg

Here's a link to JS's profile page on the Club site:

https://www.fulhamfc.com/staff/jose-sambade-carreira

14. Cottager58

Awesome, him and Hutchinson in the middle.

upload_2017-8-1_9-11-11.jpeg upload_2017-8-1_9-13-22.png

15. Cottager58

Not sure if this should be the "In" or "Out" thread.

Gent are saying that a deal for Denis Odoi was all agreed. But at the last minute Tony Khan stepped in and upped the fee .. because we couldn't find a replacement at the original fee. So for now, the deal is off.

Link to story: http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/253272/Gent_kan_toptransfer_vergeten:_Speel_volgend_seizoen_hier

Oh, and Denis's wife is expecting a new baby - kick off due on 9th August. Not a lot of sleep for Dad then!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  16. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Which is, to be honest, what we should be doing. You don't sell a decent player for less than it would cost to replace them - I only hope that Odoi appreciates that this is because we actually rate him!

17. Super Brian McBride

It would seem that Rumours about the club trying to sell Sone Aluko may have some substance as Aluko on his twitter feed has come out with a cryptic statement that when he writes his autobiography, this last month will have a whole chapter dedicated to it.
    I think I'll leave my feelings on our clubs present structure till after the transfer window has closed.

18. Cottager58

The Mirror are saying that we've rejected a £25m bid from Spurs for Ryan Sessegnon.

Although we've known about their interest for a while this is presumably because of the squillions Levy got for Walker and now the likelihood of him cashing in on Rose. Whatever, good on the Club And this late in the transfer window the chances of us being able to spend the money wisely are zilch. Not to mention the value Ryan will command in the future.

19. Cottager58

After their weekend match Burton's manager Nigel Clough said that he had approached Fulham about taking Cauley Woodrow back to the Pirelli Stadium this season.

This morning Clough said, "He's going elsewhere, it's up to them to announce it."

20. Cottager58

In a fairly terse note the Club have indeed confirmed that Cauley has gone elsewhere - on a season long loan to Bristol City. What they don't say is that it's with the intention to sign at the end of the season.

Club statement: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/17/woodrow-loan

Wonder if this deal has any bearing on us taking centre back Aden Flint from them?