1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Save Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

The AGM was held a few months back. There was an opportunity for all to speak.

The Trust publicised that Committee members were visible & available pre-match at the WG prior to home games.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just on a few of those...

Representatives of the Trust were at the William Gemmell on Anlaby Road before each home game, this was regularly promoted on social media and has also been posted on here several times (you can buy merchandise there, sign up, speak to members of the Trust board etc).

The Trust did set up a team who play occasionally, I get the impression that one hasn't been all that easy, it's hard getting a team together and the opposition regularly seem to cancel matches on short notice.

I believe Greg, one of Trust directors, is going to be a regular guest on Sportstalk this season.

3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Thanks for that

I forgot about Gemmel (mainly because I went in there anyway so they were just there!)

Quite a chunk of the things people suggested were actually done then

4. dennisboothstash

I didn't like them being available in William Gemmel...I drank in there with Askew anyway and the bar was busy enough without Happy always popping along to have a chat with them ;)

Sir Cheshire Ben and Happy Tiger like this.
  5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nope, according to Happy, they've done absolutely **** all.

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'm trying to keep out of it, but as you asked, I still feel that attitude and communication are two areas where the trust are lacking when it comes to fan involvement.

If they have taken up ideas offered on here, it would have been a positive step if they'd acknowledged it and thanked people, instead of trying to imply they dream these things alone.

They generally seem to look threatened and become defensive towards comments.

It's not a sudden claim, it's one I've made from the off, and I've seen little if anything to show it's the wrong view.

I mean it as a constructive comment, but it is rarely taken that way.

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There's only one Trust director on this board and I've no idea what ideas he passed on to the Trust (I believe he's driving the Trust football team idea), but things like a permanent base to meet people and getting someone on Sportstalk etc were long standing plans, it wasn't something that's just come about because someone mentioned it on here.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

So the discussions on here were a waste of time, and nobody from the trust paid any attention, despite requests.

Each time you 'defend' the situation, you help make the points.

It's why I'm not that arsed in getting involved. I posted the links in response to someone claiming nobody offered suggestions. Clearly they did, but were ignored, even though the trust had a log in, which they said they'd use.

Most of what I'm liable to say will be on the links, and haven't changed from the get go, so to repeat them only reinforces the point, and others dig their heals in further the other way.

And all the time, the club goes to ratshit and everyone blames each other. People find other ways to fill in their Saturdays, as nobody is offering any prospect of change.

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The Trust account was me, but I'm not involved any more, so it's up to them if they feel it's worth them setting up something new.

I didn't say the discussions on here were a waste of time, I'm not a director of the Trust, I don't know what they read or didn't read.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

You're generally selective on which hat you're wearing. It doesn't help much. I thought I recalled Bielbs and PLT using that account, or at least saying they would but I could be wrong. It's academic as the option is there if there's a desire.

Links were posted showing a few of the many threads on here were things were discussed. You answered on it, confirming you thought none were actioned by the trust as a result of fans views.

The fact you highlight that the trust don't post on here and that the comments from fans seem to be being ignored, confirms my oft made point about communication and attitude.

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I only have one hat.

I haven't been involved in the running of the Trust for well over a year now.

I only remember Al using that account, but I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's groundhog day on here. :emoticon-0114-dull::emoticon-0118-yawn:

And all the time, the club turns to ratshit, and people find other things to do on a matchday.

13. dennisboothstash

I do think it would be good if the Trust used a 'formal' account on here
    They could comment on suggestions, pass out Trust info etc whilst still choosing to remain silent on some issues if they think that's best
    It's certainly a very active forum so it couldn't do any harm in informing the Trusts views I wouldn't think (although I imagine the Trust has more members than post actively on here so there's no suggestion we could steer them either)

Just my view

oldman likes this.
  14. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

What ya shouting for?

15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I did not mention casual racism as I don't believe it was; it was a poorly thought through remark and generalisation, nothing more. You made a big thing of it and used it to further your anti-Trust nonsense. I do agree that PLT would have been wise to apologise should anyone be offended by a remark that he had made with no racist intent - he may of done, I lost interest.

As for you denying what you wrote and what you meant, what utter bollocks. It was plainly written and no one, not just me, misconstrued it. I think it was quite some time before you made a post making your position on concessions clear, which I and others accepted as we kind of realise you are not that kind of guy, you simply posted in haste to be controversial and seem to be suuportive of the Allams - it's what you do.

I really couldn't care less about trying to discredit you on a forum, Happy; why should I, you do a remarkably good job all on your own. <ok>

16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I think it's been more than adequately posted on here that OLM does not represent the Trust on here, regardless of what hat he is wearing

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that just as with SCB, Chazz, Happy Tiger, Dennis, Askew, Castro and my good self (apologies to those not mentioned - you know who you are), he is just one of the ****s who post on here. :emoticon-0105-wink:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    askewshair and dennisboothstash like this.
  17. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I can't begin to describe the deep sense of hurt I feel at not being included on your list of first division ****s and being relegated to the second division of those who merely know who they are.

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

<laugh> You're right, a huge oversight, now put right! A bold retro correction.

19. Sir Cheshire Ben

Looks like I'm top of the league. It's all down to hard work you lower league ****.

20. Sir Cheshire Ben

You can't just promote him because he thinks he deserves to be in the top tier. He gets more Leeds like everyday.

Fez, dennisboothstash and Happy Tiger like this.