1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Save Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I may have got it wrong and apologies if I have, but I could have sworn that the Chinese brother/sister bid was disqualfied due to one member of the consortium. I haven't the time to look back ...

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's what we're told, and everyone accepts it despite the FA nor PL ever actually saying it.

Certainly the FA had some concerns, but the word at the time was that Assem had called the deal off saying it was because it was dragging on too long in light of those concerns.

The ultimate result is that the Allams kept the club as well as the consortium's deposit. Eerily similar to how they kept Ruscador/Allam Marine as well as their workforce's overdue wages. I don't believe it was luck.

3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Okay, that's an interesting take on it. Thanks.

4. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Yeah they really demonstrated that willingness to formally sell when push came to shove last summer.

PLT likes this.
  5. Cambstiger

Cambstiger Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like it to me. You spend so much time on here spouting crap.

6. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Assem Allam didn't keep the wages of the workforce. He bought the bits of the group he wanted from the Administrator without having to pay the debts, including the outstanding wages and any redundancy payments.

7. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Can anyone answer this for me?

Is Happy still leading viz a viz most posts about the Trust ?

8. Large Elephant

Large Elephant Well-Known Member

Interesting. What were your high hopes? Did you consider joining at that time (when you had the high hopes)?
    I think they do a good job generally (in very difficult circumstances). Remember they are volunteers and give their own time for free. They can never please everyone of course but they are strong enough to make themselves available, they are democratically elected and if they were not popular they clearly wouldn't last. Have you met the committee / board members - I mean face to face not anonymously or cowardly via a message board? There are some genuinely good people on there.

9. Hutch-tiger69

Hutch-tiger69 Well-Known Member

I think it was more than one that failed the fppa

10. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

People don't go to games for various reasons. The Allams, lack of money, ill health or living on another continent amongst them. They are still interested what goes on at their club.
    Which is preferable to those types from Hull and elsewherewho sit about at home "supporting" Man Utd, .Liverpool or some other club from a city or team they have no connection with.

Kempton and SydneyTiger14 like this.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's also a bit rich people claiming those not going now can't comment, when many that are commenting found other things to do with their Saturdays pre KC.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Who's saying anyone can't comment?

13. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

But surely the Chinese consortium wouldn't have accepted the loss of a substantial deposit purely because the Allams got bored of the waiting ?

I'm sure there must have been more to the deposit than meets the eye.

PLT likes this.
  14. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Reading also had issues around that consortium, and there was a chance the pl would have stepped in had they been promoted.

It was not just the allams deciding to cancel on a whim.

15. hullinasia

hullinasia Active Member

Didn't I read the issue was that the brother and sister had submitted to the premier league that most of the money was coming from another third party of the consortium. But when the premier league did there due diligence they found he had lied and the funds were actually his and he had been lying

This due to not wanting the Chinese government to know what assets he had.

PLT likes this.
  16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The FA have never said anything about the Dai's failing the fit and proper person test, so we don't know for certain what happened, though it does look like they definitely did fail it, I don't think the Allams made it up.

17. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

First part correct. His "unfortunate" use of casual racism. A quick apology even light hearted and it would have all been forgotten.

As it happened he denied the existence of casual racism then went on a rabid defence of those types of generalisations.

What I found a little ironic is he wouldn't apologise nor admit he was wrong. Hence #AskPLT.

Do I think he's a racist? No. Do I think he's a pompous twat who thinks he's above criticism and answers to no one and who is always right? Are the similarities between him and Ehab obvious personalities wise? Yes.

Sorry didn't mean it like that. That was beneath him to say.

I don't hate him btw. I despise him.

Second part. Erm what? It's what I wrote but reflects what you think I meant?

Oh wait. You mean it's a load of bollocks and I never said that but you're presenting it as the truth to try and discredit me on a forum?

Lol ok.

To the other posters, I was hoping the Trust would fulfill its pledges. To try and engage all rather than the angry minority. It still feels like a rebranded CTWD.

No way was I going to join when they named changed with Gretton in charge.

I know there's good folks involved. For a while Geoff was visible and doing good stuff.

It's all gone too quiet. Even the club communicates more often.

18. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Someone was inferring that they shouldn't.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You didn't like Gretton because he had a hip flask with "**** off Allam ****" engraved on it. Tweeting that was ill advised, but the sentiment was spot on. You despise PLT because he calls the Allams ****s. The Allams are ****s as you well know, so you confuse me, Happy :huh:

SW3 Chelsea Tiger and PLT like this.
  20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

So the updated m the first page of the first thread above, which was the one asking for very specific suggestions for the Trust, and an update as to what was done as far as I am aware, is;

1. Trust use an account on here to ask for suggestions for particular topics / campaigns, and they also ask any relevant questions about unsolicited suggestions made by people on this thread. - I don't think the Trust do have a formal account on here (other than the one which OLM lost the password for) Personally I do think that would be useful as it would be official voice of the Trust rather than people taking comments from individuals with positions in the Trust as being that
    2. Suggestion deleted at request of person who made it
    3. The Trust should consider a 'meet the Trust' social event or run a coach to away matches - Not done as that, but anyone can attend the AGM anyway I think?
    4. Trust should consider setting up a youth football team - Not done but they do support an adult team I think?
    5. Trust should look to arrange matches with other fan groups and/or for disabled groups - There have been some of them arranged occasionally , but I don't know if it is through the Trust
    6. Trust should produce wider range of merchandise and sell it round the ground - Some merchandise has been done but maybe through different channels
    7. Trust should approach Radio Humberside to suggest a fan take part in the commentary / summary team - I'm not aware about this
    8. Trust put forward a viable alternative to no concessions - They did, comprehensively
    PS I also recall lots of suggestions about Geoff taking a more formal role which he has

It doesn't seem to be a massive amount of things that people had high hopes for so I'm surprised if it is these things people feel so strongly disappointed about?