1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robertson

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DanKelly, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

I agree with some others that he might be a better winger, he's clearly an outstanding footballer I don't know how the hell he was playing in the lower divisions of Scotland and he's skipping past international superstars without a care in the world.

Having said that I don't get carried away any more, Brady use to look incredibly exciting as did Aluko and where are they know. Consistency will be the measure for Robertson but so far he looks a cut above.

2. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Jelavic, etc have to bust a gut to get into the six yard box every time Robertson has the ball in a forward area. There should be a strong expectation that the ball will come fizzing in. Get on the end of it!

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The only thing I would say is he tires after 65/70 minutes - noticeably. So, to be effective in the role he is playing, he needs to be able to do it for the full 90. He also needs to concentrate fully for the time he's on the pitch, he does have a mistake in him.

But, iron out those errors and I'm sure he will move on. He's the best prospect I have seen come out of Scotland in a while. He's got a great cross on him too.

4. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

He is also part of a defence that isn't working.

Just to add some balance to the argument.

5. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

I said to my mate yesterday after he skipped by Zabaletta like he wasn't there, that in about 2 years time he'd be off to a top 6 club for about £16m.

He'll only get better, IMO, and we'll have a massive fight on our hands keeping him.

6. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

Well Mr. Shoes, no-one can complain about the effort Robertson puts in. ATM, he is by far our best defender bar none

7. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I rate him. I really do.

He had the potential to become our best ever player.

But that's where we are with him at the moment.

Potential.

He still has a lot to learn. A work in progress. It may yet turn to not a lot.

At the moment I don't think that he needs the pressure of everyone telling him he's brilliant.

Just let him get 50 Premier League games under his belt.

8. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

I thought defensively we looked ok yesterday. Anyone can concede 4 to Man City.

Dawson put in a couple of big challenges, which I enjoyed immensely.

9. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

I didn't comment on his effort not was my post a direct criticism.

I just said we are leaking goals and was not implying more. Personally, I think he is fantastic as an attacker.

10. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

Everytime he makes one of his runs down the wing it always looks like something is going to happen for us in a positive sense. (PS Mr. Shoes , I wasn't having a dig at you)

11. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

I find it so odd we have two excellent wing backs but don't play wing backs. We were screaming out for someone to do what Elmo does, now we have him we don't play the system.

12. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Exactly this. It has to be 3-5-2.

13. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Definitely this ^ for me. We eventually find/acquire the obvious balance that we were crying out for at left wingback in Robo, then, when we have, we decide to drop/rest Chezzy, who would undoubtedly assist in giving both wing backs licence to bomb forward, and revert to 442. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

14. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

Id like to see the wing back formation against Palace. Chester, Dawson, Davies at the back, Elmo & Robbo as the wing backs, midfield 3 of Thudd, Diame & Ramirez (i think livermore has been poor so far) then up top big Jela & Hernandez.

The problem then, if it is a problem... is bringing Ben Arfa on, or starting him in that wing back formation.. he's not a wing back at all... where do you play him?

15. Summerof69

Summerof69 Well-Known Member

Just felt all week that we needed to revert to a 3 at the back to release Robertson and Elmo but also Chester's tackling ability might have reduced the number of chances they created.

16. Summerof69

Summerof69 Well-Known Member

I guess you either play him behind a lone striker or as the advanced one of the central 3.

17. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

It's a squad game - I'd rotate Ben Arfa and Hernandez up top alongside Jelavic. Bringing one of those on against tired legs could cause problems.

I'm not sure about Ramirez and Ben Arfa in the side at the same time too - neither are 'tacklers' and think it could be too much 'luxury' in one team. Tough one for Brucie.

18. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

Ben Arfa and Ramirez would both be the 1 in a free role behind the strikers in a 3-4-1-2

19. Davies Headband

Davies Headband Well-Known Member

I think he's left too exposed - it was noticeable yesterday how narrow we were defending down the left, once we got to 2 2 and they started pushing on a bit more I'd have brought on either Brady or Chester and gone with a proper 442 or 352.

20. Lewis92

Lewis92 Well-Known Member

Got real talent this lad.