1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Redknapp gone!!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ranger74, Feb 3, 2015.

1. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Logged in to see a new spoof thread title (I thought), but to find out it was actually true made my day, week, month!!!

A game of brinkmanship has finally ended in Harry resigning, well played Tony.

Harry is old school who see's buying players as a way forward. Football today is about youth and energy and developing it. FFP also seems to kick in and having an effect on the transfer window. All pointing to the demise of Harry.

We'll always have Wembley, sincerly thank you for that day Harry.

I would take Sherwood in a heartbeat. A natural leader who captained every side he played for. Taken all his badges, schooled in the modern football world and definitely seemed to know what he was doing at Spurs. He will only come if Les Ferdinand thinks he's right for QPR, and if that is the case then it's good enough for me.

2. CamchatkaFC

CamchatkaFC Member

Hoddle strikes me as a convenient choice for caretaker. R's have enough soccer knowledge in the club to run as caretaker for a while. Is that a good idea? Not sure.

3. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Hope his head falls off next
    Hate the man
    Now we get QPR back lads
    Move on

4. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I wonder if he who shall not be named will now be fit and raring to go?

Also, Diakite is back. I've always quite liked him.

5. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

We have the players just watch us go now Samba is back yes yes yes

6. seahoop

seahoop Well-Known Member

Neil Warnock...

7. simonstainrod

simonstainrod Well-Known Member

Has to be hoddle til end of season. Then what about Dave Clements son at Real Madrid?

8. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Just a little :)
    I'm thrilled. I was sick of our sterile performances.

9. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

What's your view of Sherwood mate? A one trick pony with no plan B or does he actually have something about him?

10. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Such vitriol towards a man you don't personally know! Get a grip!

seahoop and CamchatkaFC like this.

11. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I've always had a soft spot for Redknapp but if we're really to believe that he came to such a radical conclusion with QPR in the relegation places and just a few hours after the transfer window closed then his name would go down as one of the great managerial traitors. I'm assuming this was actually all by agreement between him and the club to save face all round but it's strange why he would allow himself to leave in 'official' circumstances such as these. His rep is well and truly in the toilet if that's to be believed.

12. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

None of us know the truth behind the alleged backstabbing etc but for me, the suggestion leaves a sour taste. What I do know is that club legends don't always make for good managers and I am not overly keen on Sir Les being allowed to cut his managerial teeth on our premiership survival. Look at Shearer as Newcastle manager, that was a similar situation. I'd rather a more proven manager.

13. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I think he's a good manager, in terms of tactics. Got Adebayor playing well (miracle worker) and made us better going forward. Where he falls down is man managment. Apparently several of our best players were ready to leave if he stayed. Promoted youth through really well, Bentaleb and Kane are like a breath of fresh air to our team and Sherwood started that. Harry only wanted seasoned professionals. Sped everything up, with AVB we were so slow and safe, Sherwood had us pressing hard and passing quickly. Has something about him - but boy does he know it. Arrogant sod.

KentGaz likes this.
  14. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

Utter garbage! Within hours of a last minute 5.30 am decision he has a full article printed detailing how a long established injury suddenly prevented him going on?? That coincides with end of the transfer window and stuffs new acquisitions for incoming manager!

15. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Timing leaves us with only one option in my mind, an internal interim replacement, anyone one else, would just complain that they weren't able to bring in their own players.

Still believe we have enough quality to make a fight of it.

TWGWTDT likes this.
  16. Austin Scores

Austin Scores New Member

So if we had signed Adebayor he would still have resigned? Sorry don't buy this story.

17. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Incredibly selfish time to resign. Clearly shows Harry was in it for Harry, not for the good of the club. If he wanted the best for QPR he would have used the knee problem at Christmas. It suddenly becoming a big problem now is just a little too coincidental for me. In one move he's removed himself from the mess he's created, and made it very very difficult for the next manager coming in due to the transfer window being shut.

18. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

This. And to think that he was lauded for the fact he got us back up. He should never have taken us down in the first place. We'll forget about the money put at his disposal, the support of the fans which often got the team over the line and the massive slice of luck that Charlie managed to stay injury free fro the finale.

It does remind me of the debate we used to have about the exploits of one Adel Taarabt. Brilliant in the Championship yet according to his detractors just not up to the standard in the Prem. Shouldn't some use the same standards to judge last season's stellar achievement.

19. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Well as I've said before. He's got form. Southampton. Let's hope we don't go the same way they did

20. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member