1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Redknapp gone!!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ranger74, Feb 3, 2015.

1. ashbyhoops

ashbyhoops Member

At the end of the day why not give sherwood a go even if it's only until the end of the season, we've tried experience in hughes and redknapp and look where that has got us

2. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Not a thing to be rushed. I would prefer to go along with Ferdinand and Ramsey until the summer and assess the situation then.

Hoopington likes this.
  3. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

In all honesty, it looks like he was squeezed out - the swallowing of the transfer funds from the Mutch sale were clearly not made available again to him and he's walked after not being backed.

Everyone trying to save face but everyone covered in crap as far as I'm concerned.

I honestly believe we have no worse a chance of staying up and in all likelihood a much better chance.

Hoop-Leif and CamchatkaFC like this.
  4. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Very early Xmas present for me, Not great timing as should have been sacked months ago. Got a chance of away point now at least.....................................Club needs sorting from top to bottom so who has the balls?!!.....................

5. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

No wo
    No worries .

I'm hoping for Ian dowie

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

<party><party><party><party><party>

KooPeeArr likes this.
  7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Not many would want to inherit this deck of cards.

If Ferdinand takes over full time, I can't see he has the experience needed to keep us up.

I'm not particularly impressed by Sherwood,but if comes in on a short contract until the end of the season, working with Les, that probably is our best bet.

If he fails, we start with a clean slate from a managerial point of view, and TF has to sort out the FFP penalties position in the Championship.

8. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

By MARTIN SAMUEL FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 15:52, 3 February 2015 | UPDATED: 16:14, 3 February 2015

Harry Redknapp quit Queens Park Rangers – after a dramatic 5.30am phone call to Tony Fernandes.

Redknapp, 67, revealed he came to the decision he could not continue after being told he would need replacements for both right and left knees. Unable to walk even 100 yards, he accepted he was not the man to lead Rangers into their relegation fight. And he called owner Fernandes in the small hours to deliver the news.

'I was awake all night, thinking about it,' Redknapp told me. 'I'm struggling so badly now. I can't walk, I can barely stand and watch. I'm in pain all the time. I've been putting it off, and putting it off, but it has got to the stage where I cannot do the job.

'I booked a ticket for Fulham's FA Cup game with Sunderland on Tuesday night, but my first thought was, 'how am I going to get to the ground?' Even if I get a car park pass there is going to be some walking. I can't walk around Craven Cottage anymore, I can't walk down the street – that's how bad it has got.

'I went to see my grandson play football at the weekend, and after five minutes had to go back to the car. I couldn't even stand up. What sort of life is it if you can't watch the kids play? That sort of made my mind up. I went to bed thinking I would sleep on it, but then I couldn't sleep a wink. That's when I decided to call Tony. It must have been 5.30am. I just told him he needed someone who could properly coach and manage the team in the next ten weeks. It's such an important time. They need someone who can give it everything.'

Redknapp's resignation immediately brought speculation that he had become frustrated at a lack of activity in the transfer window. Rangers face financial fair play restrictions, and a huge fine, and have been working to cut budgets.

Yet he insisted this was not the case. 'I haven't got the hump, we haven't had a row,' said Redknapp. 'I knew some while ago that we were not going to be able to get much done in January. We had one real target on the last day, Emmanuel Adebayor, because we are short upfront. But he was too much money. I accept that. There are no hard feelings on my part – I've not had a problem with Tony Fernandes in all my time there.

'I even went to training this morning because it was my intention to say goodbye to the lads. I went to sort out some bits and pieces with the club and by the time I had finished they were gone. It's been that quick. I just made my mind up because events were piling up. Being told I needed both knees replaced was a huge blow. It would put me out of the game for months because you can't have them done together.

'Steve McClaren called me when he heard the news and we were talking about our time together at Rangers last year. He reminded me that I was on crutches for ten weeks back then. It's been a problem for too long now.

'I know what people think – that I've been sacked, or stormed off because we couldn't get the players in. My son Jamie said that my timing has to be the worst in the world. When I look back on my career, it certainly isn't my strong point – but I can't control what people think. I feel positive about the future at Rangers – Sandro is back at the weekend and he will make a huge difference. We've got other players coming back from injury, too – if I could get out and coach them like I could five years ago, I'd be optimistic. But I can't.

'I was totally honest with Tony. I told him he needed someone who could commit to every aspect of the job in the next ten weeks, and that's not me. I still don't think I'm finished with football. When I've had the operations, I'll be looking for work again, I know that. I can't imagine my life without it. But right now, I've got to make my health the priority.

'I can't even walk the dogs. I stand watching the team play, and I'm struggling. It's reached a point where I can't ignore it any longer. It's not a decision I would take lightly. I've thought about it a few times this season, but have always decided to give it one last go.

'The last week has been the tipping point. I can barely move and I'm not enjoying my life. I need to get this done as quickly as I can and try to move on. Nigel Pearson at Leicester City told me had a knee replacement and was ready to go again after six weeks. I'm not sure I'll be hopping about in that time, but I'll talk to Andy Williams, my surgeon, and we'll work out a plan.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-QPR-not-quitting-football.html#ixzz3QhQedTAx
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

9. CamchatkaFC

CamchatkaFC Member

Everything -- from timing onward -- points to being pushed out. Harry's a bold manager when it comes to shaping his teams (which in our case has been unhelpful) and is used to getting his signings and support. I think that his room to move was squeezed far more than the cartilage in his knee and the writing was on the wall after nothing could be done during the transfer window.

There's no way that he hadn't given thought to his knee over the holidays. It's not like he just had a skiing accident.

But his pride has now meant we are late in the game to get a manager and whomever does take over is stuck with who we have. That said, maybe that person will get something out our lads and inspire them to play the way we think they can.

QPR999 and KooPeeArr like this.
  10. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Personally, I hope the real reason is that Harry felt he wasn't being backed by the owners.

To leave the day after the transfer window closes, blaming knees that have been a problem for months, would be indefensible.

11. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

poor excuses for failure

12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

If it REALLY is all down to his knees, then he's a complete **** for walking at the end of the transfer window when he's had this problem for months!!

Sooperhoop likes this.
  13. Roxwell

Roxwell Member

We looked forward when Harry came to some exciting attacking football. Just like when he managed Spurs. Great to watch and highly entertaining. We never got that. From being streets ahead in the Championship we limped to Wembley, and it took Hill's substitute management and some great and memorable good fortune to get us back in the Prem. Since being back we have only occasionally played with the style, flair and passion that seasoned R's supporters crave for. Lose, yes okay, but we want to see hard work passion and commitment on the field and on the bench. Give us those things and win, or lose the real QPR supporters will be behind the team, the management and the owners. Please give us a QPR manager who is proud to have that title; not one who believes he is bigger than the club.

14. CamchatkaFC

CamchatkaFC Member

I feel for Harry as far as the health matters go. I think he's right and wrong at the same time. Just as he's managed to convince himself of many of decisions on the pitch and with his player signings, he's convinced himself that this morning at 5:30am was the time to quit, not yesterday or the weekend or Christmas.

I really do believe that he believes what he's told himself, I just don't think its true in a bigger sense. He's a prideful man and I believe he wouldn't let himself accept that he's not getting the job done. He does care about the club and the fans, but his ego and unwillingness to adapt has painted him into a corner that he was too unwilling to see and change.

I do hope that he gets the treatment on his knees that he needs -- but needed no less than at Christmas and probably could wait until June -- and that he's able to move on to the next stage of his career and life, whatever that is. I'm grateful for what he gave to the club and am also happy to see a change in leadership; they're not mutually exclusive.

15. Vale_Hoops

Vale_Hoops Well-Known Member

Interesting to see how quickly some ones comes in, ie how long they have known this will happen.

Surely Hoddle as caretaker until sorted, for me Les is a god but not that experienced as manager.

As for Harry, well bad timing, bad excuse but a great day to remember him by.

16. CamchatkaFC

CamchatkaFC Member

Harry's pride was the biggest impediment to moving forward. The best managers work with what they have and build a vision for something else if what they have isn't what they want. Look at Tony Pullis. He's not saying "I cant keep West Brom up because they aren't my players".

Yet Harry also relied on the past and got talented Spurs players in who were good while he was at Spurs. That isn't the case. Sandro's not the same player. Ferdy from Man U is definitely not the same player. He's living his present team through memories of the past.

It's time to work with what we have and move into a future that involves staying up.

17. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised to see a temporary manager Les/Hoddle til end of the season to see where we are . Then recruit a permanent manager in the summer....like Newcastle are doing with Carver.

CamchatkaFC likes this.
  18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Guys, whatever went on behind the scenes, this scenario does not push QPR further into ridicule and I am content with that. Best wishes for your health Harry and please keep speaking well of Fernandes and QPR - it can only do our damaged reputation some good.

CamchatkaFC likes this.
  19. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Just got out of a funeral and brilliant news Nice to see him go out with the biggest pile of bullshit he has delivered yet

He is out of QPR
    He was no good a horrible liar

Lads we are back
    Can't wait til Saturday
    Taarabt is back yes yes yes

20. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Don't thank him he was a lucky ****