1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ralph Krueger speaks

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JaySaint, Jan 2, 2018.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Sounds like a bit of a stalemate situation to me. I can understand why she put the safety nets in place, but as you say, she has been quiet as well.

2. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I don't really get what Kat wants out of it now then. I thought she was selling because she knew we needed investment to progress and challenge and she couldn't/didn't want to invest her own money. That's fine, but then why have we sold to a guy that doesn't have the money either?

AshbySaint likes this.
  3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

We have no idea if he has the money or not. All we know is he has far more the Kat as she had her fortune estimate decreased by loads

4. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like he himself has the money, or money that he can/wants to actually spend. Which is why I don't get why Kat sold to him when she knew we needed investment.

5. saintkeef

saintkeef Active Member

I feel like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed s1**.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  6. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Why do you think he has no money? Is it because he is a silent chinese man? You do realise Kat sold us because she hadn't enough cash to pay a tax bill. That says something

7. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Interesting that he’d agree to something like that. Also slightly concerning that Kat feels the need to include that sort of stuff. I guess that explains why the takeover took so long

manxsaint likes this.
  8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Katharina closed down other businesses her father owned. I think (not know) that he was a dabbler who loved new projects and interests....otherwise he'd have continued with his comfortable share of Leihberr crane company. He wanted challenges. All that died with him and she was left with tidying everything up. She could have just sold us outright as well and walked away....the fact she didn't does show some sense of responsibility to her father's last big dream. I believe she tried to compromise and do the best for herself and us....we can only hope it works out. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

Number 1 Jasper and manxsaint like this.
  9. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Ralph really is churning out some bollocks these days. <laugh>

latviandream likes this.
  10. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Just these days!?

latviandream and AshbySaint like this.

11. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Wonder what his next interview will be?

12. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Fair point. I guess having a bone idle part-timer of a chairman wasn't such an issue when the club actually had a CEO.

latviandream likes this.
  13. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

“We have taken this action in the best interests of the club, after a significant number of unacceptable results...”

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  14. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

"...and are pleased to announce plans for a new drinking fountain in the foyer of the reception at Staplewood"

15. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

" we will be painting the gas tank near St Mary's red and white again to add to the great atmosphere"

16. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

“We will also be introducing a really exciting, dynamic red and white striped urinal cake for the gents.”

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  17. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I don't mind that Kat sold us, that's up to her, I didn't realise she couldn't even pay a tax bill.
    As far as I was aware, Kat couldn't take the club forward and couldn't/didn't want to put her own money in which is necessary to a degree, especially if you want to be competitive in this league. I thought she sought out a takeover to not only get her money back, but to help push her fathers dream forward AKA investment.
    The fact that he's chinese is nothing to do with it!? The fact that he's silent despite how badly this season is going, and we are saying we'll only spend the VVD money over several windows suggests that we are still only looking to spend what we make in player sales. Which is really barely different to what it was like under Kat. If she had to sell for money reasons and selecting a buyer who was planning to invest wasn't high up on her priorities, well that's more what it feels like.

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Annoying for Katharina was that the extra tax bill came due because her father visited Germany too often to be spared German income tax. She thought it was all settled and I believe was totally unexpected. Dads, eh!

19. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Kat is silent to though. If you are annoyed at Gao then be annoyed at Kat as well.

manxsaint likes this.
  20. saintkeef

saintkeef Active Member

Here's what Krueger said in the Telegraph
    “I am ultimately responsible for where we are today,” said Krueger. “Knock my head off first. I think Mauricio has dealt with the [Van Dijk] situation brilliantly. He never used it as an excuse. He’s not an excuse guy and we like the human being he is, the coach he is, and the potential for our squad moving forward with him in the lead".