1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Players linked with

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, May 24, 2011.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

According to todays Mercury we have been offered Nile Ranger from Newcastle as he hasnt made the progress the club wanted him to. No thanks i dont rate him one bit, and we offered a contract to John Pantsil but he wants 25K a week and we have told him to lower it. Does this means we have given up on Kyle Naughton. Hope not. And we have offered Diomansy Kamara a contract but he is considering his options

2. Groby Fox

Groby Fox Member

Nile Ranger - no thanks, do not rate him at all
    John Pantsil - Solid player but would prefer Naughton!
    Diomansy Kamara - Would be happy if he signed, i think he is a good player (and was awesome for me on football manager 2008!)

3. Proud Fox

Agreed

4. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

John Pantsil - Free
    Naughton - 3-4m

We all like Naughton, but i'd take Pantsil at that cost, just need to sort out his wages, may not have the flair of Naughton down the wing, but is a solid defender.

5. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Nile Ranger - wasn't he 'the next Pele' according to Don Goodman on Sky Sports when he made his debut against us last season <laugh>

6. Greatness_Since_1884

Greatness_Since_1884 Active Member

7. Foxello

Foxello Member

Here's a thought; which would be more beneficial for City - £3m-£4m on Naughton or Pantsil on a free but with £25k wages? As much as I love Naughton, that money could be spent on a goalscorer, and generally speaking, goalscorers are worth more to teams than right backs, and Pantsil is a solid RB. Hmmm....

8. Proud Fox

I would try and get Naughton on loan for the season and then if we get promoted money will be alot easier to come by and then pay the big price tag then. Pantsil was very poor for West Ham but has done a decent job for Fulham so who knows. Would anyone mind if we signed Vitor as first choice right back. He was class when he played there against Burnley

9. Foxello

Foxello Member

I think Spurs will cash in on Naughton, they already have 3 RB's ahead of him and they will probably think Walker has more potential, so I don't think that a loan is a viable option. Panstil is an average PL RB, which should mean he is at worst a good, solid Championship one. We won't get as many goals out of him as we did Naughton, but we have goals in other areas of the pitch and need a more solid defence next year.

10. lcfcsteve11

lcfcsteve11 New Member

Nile Ranger?! Apparently hes being sold on because he didnt become as good as what the Geordies expected of him... Am I the only one that thinks hes an utter pile of dog poo and that he was majorly over-hyped in the media?

11. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Don Goodman's hype about his debut was laughable. Apparently he's always turning up for training late and hungover and doesn't work on his game so Newcastle have got fed up with him and want him out. 2 in 25 in the Championship and is a bad influence. Add him to the list containing the names of Carl Ikeme, Ched Evans, Marlon King, Lee Bowyer and Patrick Van Aanholt which is entitled 'is an arsehole and/or is **** at football'. In short it would be a shocking signing.

12. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

As for Naughton, the price doesn't matter if Top's willing to spend it. It's not really up to us to decide if a fee is too much because we don't know what funds we've got exactly. If you're asking me who's the better player and who's got more potential, it's Naughton everyday. In fact I'd go as far as to say he should be in the England squad now. In fact I'd say he's better than Glen Johnson already (really how has that guy made it at International level?)

From what I've been told over the last 12 months though I feel we could afford to spend £4 million. If there's anyone we should be splashing the cash on it's him and a striker.

13. Lord_Dyer

Lord_Dyer Active Member

Emilio

Thought it was Birtles who was blowing about him being next best thing?

I would be happy with below

Pantsil
    Naughton
    Kamara
    Nugent
    Barton(He is an arse but like savage is a pain to other sides and plays to win, we need someone with anger and bite in the middle)
    Mee/Cunningham

These added to what we have could be top 6?

14. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Ah you may be right.

Birtles and Goodman are both arseholes tbf, both always slating us and our fans, they've got something against us, I can understand Birtles being a Forest fan but what's Goodman's problem? Did Walshie knock him out once upon a time?

15. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

16. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

According to Bert on FoxesTalk Naughton is not happening :(

If he ends up at QPR (which he probably will) I'll be livid.

17. Proud Fox

Jonathon Woodgate, Patrick Viera and Nigel Reo-Coker, Bolo Zenden have all been released and are all proven performers in the prem. Woodgate does have a really bad injury past so if we could get him on a pay as you play deal maybe he would be a good signing. But we couldnt have Woodgate and Tunchev

18. chrisconnection

chrisconnection New Member

19. Proud Fox

Apparently we are no longer after Diomansy Kamara according to the Leicester Mercury

20. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

Im happy with that news to be honest- he is good but he doesnt send a message of intent to push for the league title!