1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our next manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sweats, Sep 24, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Let's hope the Saudis maintain their interest in buying us out.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

This has been proven to be bollocks by the fact they sacked Moyes, van Gaal and Mourinho.

It's just a nonsense cliche, ultimately they know that the two aren't mutually exclusive so they get rid of the manager, simple as that.

The problem with the next result being crucial, and then the one after that and then the one after that, is sacking him becomes reactive and knee jerk, with no planned replacement in mind. Which is why we've ****ed up so badly over the last half a dozen years. If they do that again, they'll **** it up again.

The club should be planning and touting his replacement now. In the unlikely event that Ole pulls it around by end of season then he stays and the other manager has to wait. Tough ****.

Not gonna happen though so they may as well start looking now. Do a diligent job of recruiting the correct manager.

3. glazerfodder

Allegri is a perfect fit for us. Being on sabbatical he can sit back, analyse the players, the tactics, watch games and put feelers out for players, coaching staff etc without any distractions and have everything ready and sorted as and when Ole goes, a bit like Pep before he joined city. As I've said, I've been an advocate of Poch coming in for a few seasons, but I reckon he's a busted flush in the PL and will likely move to Spain.

cytrax likes this.
  4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'd agree with this.

A decent proven top level manager who would more than likely take the job in an instant.

All it needs is someone at the club to notify him the jobs his at the end of the season. This may well seem underhand to Ole, and the alternative is get rid now, but he was only supposed to be caretaker and essentially lucked out in getting it full time, he must realise he's in the spotlight and the vultures are circling.

5. glazerfodder

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This article is spot on! If we put emotions and wishful thinking aside, today is the best time you get a new manager in. My fear is that we may actually end up inflicting first defeat on Liverpool and then win the next game against Norwich. But the problem there is that we will become emotional again without using evidence to conclude that Ole is not the right man with 30 games to play for.

If we ever intend on getting rid of Ole, I would say do it now if there's a chance of Allegri coming out of his semi retirement with commitment to continue to execute on the vision of younger players blended with experienced ones.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

What evidence do you have to conclude he isn't the right man?
    When did you call for Fergies head, after his first transfer window or did you wait until he had 2 or 3?

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Let me just put your mind at rest on that point <laugh>

9. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

well just to play the pedant he had been there for 16 years and already won the title 6 times so he was probably prepared to cut him some slack .

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The evidence at the minute is the team look clueless and lacking in any direction or inspiration. I personally can't even see a style of play of any sort emerging, it's just the same ponderous rubbish that lvg and Mourinho, at the end, were peddling.

I agree, he needs his own players in place to put whatever plan he has in place but just don't see that plan.

You did with Fergie. What Fergie also had was title and European trophy winning experience with Aberdeen in (what was then) a strong league.

Ole doesn't have that.

I maintain my own opinion he should carry on this season but United should be sourcing the next manager.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.

11. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

His huge success with you means people tend to overlook his achievements with Aberdeen which in some ways were the equal of his achievements at ManU though over much shorter duration .

12. glazerfodder

The general consensus seems to be that many agree with the general direction Ole hoped to take the club i.e. - an investment in youth, a high energy, high tempo game - but now consider him the wrong man to carry out the task. I have to say I agree and hope we go for Allegri, he has experience of rebuilding Juve into the side they are today, just the sort of experience we are looking for. There are plenty of managers who could fit the bill simply in terms of being 'winners' or 'successful' but we need someone with that extra dimension.

13. glazerfodder

Now that our shirt sponsorship deal with Chevrolet (GM) is coming to an end it will be interesting to see what takers we have to replace them - itself an indicator of how we stand, particularly if we start swanning around with Burger King instead of a blue chip sponsor on our shirts - and also how much they are prepared to pay. If our under performing costs us £100m over five years compared to our last deal, the case to get rid of Ole gets stronger, if only in a financial sense - which is what Woodward and the Glazers live for.

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

Give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer time, he is building for the future. Since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson how many managers you have had?

Diego likes this.
  15. glazerfodder

None that were any good.

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Blue chip = Chevrolet? <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

17. glazerfodder

The deal was with General Motors who have a global net worth in excess of $49 billion. I think that's a yes.

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

Some top managers who have succeeded elsewhere were not given time by Manchester United, sacking Ole may not be the solution.

19. glazerfodder

The flaw in your argument is that Ole is not a top manager, he s the manager of a top club ................

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

How do you get to be a top manager?