1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our next manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sweats, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Paper talk today that we have approached Allegri.

I honestly can’t see ole turning this sinking ship around I really can’t. I realise we have injury problems which clearly is not helping.

But even had we have brought in another cf and a attacking mid have we really seen anything to make us have confidence ole can turn this around? His record since being appointed is dismal.

The papers were also saying Lauren Blanc is second choice.

Also the fact that Real and Barca May be in the market for another manager could that be what triggers us to jump first?

2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Seems from here that JM is just waiting in the wings ready to take over at RM. The big stumbling block for RM is the fact that JM and Sergio Ramos don't get on - and by 'not get on' I mean they hate each others guts. Ramos is in the last season of his contract so it is telling that it hasn't been renewed, considering he is a club legend. If JM took the RM job he could easily sideline Ramos for what is left of the season.

As for Barca the betting here is on Poch or an emotional return for Enrique, but Poch is the clear fan's favourite.

As far as we are concerned, unless we go for a big 'name' such as Allegri who has proven talent and experience of running a top club, then we might as well stick with Ole because any alternative up-coming young manager will come with the same uncertainty as to their ability to make it at a club of our stature.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I don't see Real prioritizing Sergio over a manager. Not at his age. If anything, they'd probably be happy to offload him.

I would love to see Allegri. The team right now is not setup to go anywhere, in my opinion. We don't have goals in the team and there's little creativity left in the team to change that. However, I would do like the youthful backbone. If Ole can get his winning rate to 55%+ before January, then I can see him lasting the whole year. Otherwise, the sooner we move on to someone more experience, the better it will be.

4. glazerfodder

Allegri has experience of turning Juve around - that should be a key quality in any new manager. There is no point pretending that there is a person out there who can swan into Carrington and the lights come on - it happened for a few months with Ole, but it needs a manager with credibility and experience to see a transition phase through to the end. As much as I hoped it would work out for Ole, I really think his time is limited.

cytrax likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Am I right in thinking Allegri is out of work?

Pretty standard Woodward recruitment policy, get the guy who doesn't have a job.

Diego likes this.
  6. glazerfodder

Worked for City ........................

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Guardiola was on a sabbatical.

As was Klopp.

Lvg, Mourinho and Allegri were/are out of work.

The plus with Allegri though is he's hardly an out of date dinosaur like the other two were, and is probably having a recharge at the moment.

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

I'd give OGS a bit longer. He's inherited an accumulative car crash.

9. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Well he has allegedly improved the car crash and we are equally as **** as before. We have one of the most up and coming right backs and a commanding centre back. We also have a promising kid on the wing. We have got rid of some deadwood yet we are probably playing worse. We don’t even look as good as one dimensional. I realise with tony martial back we would be better if he can be arsed as with Pogba. Over we lack creativity and as good as McTominay might be I. The future he doesn’t scare people.

Mario melchiot hit the nail on the head yesterday on talksport when he said there is nothing to fear in our team. Or words to that effect.

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

The squad is ****. Agreed. The signings were good signings, also agreed.

But even Fergie would struggle with this squad and the players currently available.

Arguably this summer was our best transfer window since Fergie left.

And I doubt it was OGS who let Herrera leave for free.

Maybe I'm naive or too loyal to OGS but I think we're about to go through the required, painful transition that we should've gone through years ago instead of papering over the cracks with expensive, mediocre or unmotivated signings.

Diego likes this.

11. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I reckon we have had worse squads. The difference was always the spine of it gave a ****.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We've definitely had worse squads.

We've no centre forward or right sided midfielder but should be able to make a very decent 1st eleven with four or five subs out of what we have.

Dalot could play further up the pitch wide right hand side for Instance? Knowing fine well Lukaku wasn't going to be replaced, maybe keep Sanchez till January as a striker?

Big mistake by Ole that.

Unless the coaching and management happens to be completely piss poor a starting eleven of;

De Gea
    Wan Bissaka
    Maguire
    Lindelof
    Shaw
    Fred
    McTominay
    Pogba
    James
    Martial
    Dalot

when all fit, should at the very least play attacking football and challenge for top four, minimum.

Then you've got Rashford, Mata, Matic, Tuanzebe, Young, Jones, Pereira, Greenwood as subs.

**** sake, they are hardly all ****.

cytrax likes this.
  13. Stan

Stan Stalker

I'm afraid I disagree.

Keeper and back 4 are sound enough. Midfield 3 are average apart from Pogba who really couldn't give a **** so it's not much different to having a player like Di Maria who might have all the talent but it's more than negated by lack of commitment and desire.

You know more about James than most but I don't think he's going to be a CL player. Dalot is a decent attacking wing back and Martial is a sulky left winger who wants to be a striker.

The colossal **** up this summer was not getting a proper striker in to replace Lukaku. Maybe that was OGS's fault. I suspect it was Woodwood who couldn't agree a deal and I also suspect it was Woodwood who said Sanchez had to go on loan unless he was going to be an automatic pick which, of course, he couldnt be as he's been awful.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Neither Pogba or Sanchez are actually **** though.

Would a proper manager, who is capable of dealing with such players, not be able to get a tune out of them?

Which is the manager's job after all.

James is a prospect only, we've still got Rashford and Martial can play off the left, or up front.

Supposedly.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Can't make my mind up on the decision to let Sanchez go, we all know he wasn't performing (although is capable of) but none of us know if he was a disruption in the squad.
    I am fairly happy with defence but unlike most would have Rojo at left back if he could stay fit for more than three games.
    Rashford will never be a CF, Martial could be but needs to actually move around a bit to create space for himself (put the effort in lad).
    We have no midfield, I see our midfield as a team of John O'Shea's, great as a fill in when needed but not too good when all those around you are the same.

16. Stan

Stan Stalker

SAF ****ed Pogba off so maybe the twat just doesn’t like Manchester.

Let’s see how Sanchez gets on in Italy. Looked to me like his legs had gone.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

SAF never ****ed Pogba off, he just refused to guarantee him game time so his "agent" talked him into a move/not signing new contract.
    Fergie wanted to keep him.

18. Stan

Stan Stalker

I didn’t say Fergie thought he was ****, he’s not ****, he’s brilliant. He doesn’t like playing for United though which is why he gives the ball away for fun.

“Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” the manager told MUTV at the time. “It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.”

Diego likes this.
  19. glazerfodder

Sanchez is so bad that he hasn't had a start in Milan yet

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Gave his best years to Arsenal, what a waste.