1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not606 Obsessions - the great "name-and-shame" thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Aug 30, 2017.

1. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Surprisingly those high allocations were relatively recent. The policy used to be that the Cup final was a day out for football people in general and the club allocation was much lower than today. Less than 10,000 per club in the 1930s apparently. I seem to remember it being about 15,000 each for Spurs v Chelsea in 1967 but I can't find a link.

2. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

40K a piece Sunderland v Leeds 1973 FA Cup final..

I hear what you are saying, was offering my opinion, nothing more..

I know you are wired up by your music tastes, no doubt our paths will cross again..<ok>

Have a great evening..

3. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

I agree with your opinion as it happens. They should allocate all the seats outside Club Wembley to the clubs.

J๏E.. likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Play-offs were best for the fans ... get split 50-50 .... our first one against Blackburn they didn't sell out so there were also a few thousand Leicester fans who actually travelled up and bought tickets in their end as we sold out overnight ... I started queuing at 3:30 in the morning ... amazing day out in London ... Trafalgar SQ and that whole area full of Leicester fans before the game .... Kings Cross area after... nothing really kicked off either ...

J๏E.. likes this.
  5. The Ginger Marks

The reason for such low allocations is that the FA dolls out tickets to all clubs professional and amateur, associated associations basically recognising all of the grass routes of football.