1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not606 Obsessions - the great "name-and-shame" thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Dai is an utter utter bellend.

@Tobes is that the lad who was flying to NY to then drive to Orlando? <laugh>

Brian Storm and Tobes like this.
  2. Libby

Libby 9-0

On the note of Swans fans they were hilarious when they won up at your place towards the end of last season getting all excited because they brought 3k up to you even though I think a lot of tickets were free.

It was like they've never taken 3k to an away game before <laugh>

Brian Storm likes this.
  3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

We take that to Pre season friendlies <laugh>

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Don't get me wrong, our away support isn't exactly brilliant numbers wise past the midlands.

It was just how excited they were getting over taking 3k to their biggest game of the season where the tickets were free <laugh>

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. Brian Storm

Our away fans are some of the finest in the game. Shame the same can't be said about our home fans. :headbang:

Libby likes this.
  6. Libby

Libby 9-0

Don't think that's exclusive to you fella tbh. Don't think any club in the top flight has consistently good home support.

I'm trying to do a few more aways this year.

Brian Storm likes this.
  7. Brian Storm

Nah mate, it's same for the mags, there's a larger than normal minority of fickle morons who mindlessly bounce between optimistically delusional and full on poisonous doom mongering. They're very very vocal and incredibly stupid. Unfortunately the poison transfers to the stands with unhealthy frequency.

Always mean to get to an away game in but getting tickets is so bloody hard. Should manage one this season though. Could have gone to Barnsley but I have a mini break this month to pay for. Think there'll be a few more away tickets making it to general sale this season.

8. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I'm lucky as got a colleague with a ST who lets me use hers and her husbands from time to time.

Used it for Chelsea last year, and going Palace in couple of weeks too. More expensive but my thinking is I can do 1 away game for around 3 home. Well worth it in my book.

Understand completely about fickle morons, our support has become one of the most self entitled in the country in recent years and the atmosphere is shocking. ****ing pisses me off because the support was top notch with 20k in the 3rd tier. Suppose that's what a bit of relative success does, I expect Leicester to go the same way in a year or so.

Brian Storm likes this.
  9. Brian Storm

I really want to go to an away game now. Going to look what's on next month.

@Home_and_Away You got any away games for October/November on the cards mate with room in the back? Won't be drinking in the car mate, decided to put a stop to that, badder can't handle it anymore.

Libby likes this.
  10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I can't get a ticket for any away despite having 3x ST's. ****ing pisses me off, as it's a closed shop. Those with the most away credits get first dibs and they never make it to general sale to STH's as even if they're not going the lads with the credits buy the tickets to keep their record and then sell them on (mostly at face value in fairness) but it makes it a closed shop.

So when I go to an away, I'm virtually always in the home end, which can be very *cough* interesting

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I'd hate to support one of the big clubs in that sense, United have a huge problem with it too.

Interestingly for our European away games with the smaller allocations you had to collect the ticket in the host City with photo ID to stop people buying them up who had no intention of going. England aways do it too and think it could be the future tbh, United have started doing it already.

PINKIE likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Yep that how it's been with us for years. I had a season ticket 3 seasons back and I couldn't get an away ticket the entire season.

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

They should have a percentage of the allocation that goes to a ballot and then at least you've got a sporting chance

Libby likes this.
  14. Libby

Libby 9-0

I saw a United fan on another forum once saying how they held a ST for 10 years and applied for every single away game without getting one <yikes>

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

I think pick ups in city of game is the way forward tbh too, for at least a percentage of the allocation anyway. You'd probably lose quite a chunk from that alone.

16. Brian Storm

I agree, cause it means there's never going to be a foot in the door for you, as those with points already can keep accumulating while those with non can't gain any. Always thought it was **** system. I'd say an equal % in each phase including a general sale. Only I'd say 1st come 1st serve and keep the point system where if you qualify for the 1st phase, you get to have a pop at every phase. Still no guarantees but loyalty is still rewarded with more chances.

Someone should do a fight club and reset every clubs points system. <laugh>

Tobes likes this.
  17. Libby

Libby 9-0

We're still waiting on our points system we were promised 5 years ago...

We currently do ST with 5 aways then ST with 4 etc.

Starts lower for less popular games like Stoke.

Brian Storm likes this.
  18. Brian Storm

Bit like a points system, Still priorities the same people while making it hard for others to get a look in. I'd say yours is better as you need to get lucky three times to be in with a chance. The point a game system has some people needing to attend 50 odd games just to get on the first rung of phases.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I can imagine, but I still think points is fairer as they (imo) ****ed up Wembley last year. After STH's it went to members with 8+home games, then 7 and so on.

No idea why it didn't include aways, plus I'd like to see more points rewarded for an early league cup tie at home to Oldham for example.

20. Brian Storm

Wembley for us never got close to general sale, ST holders swooped up the lot. Black market corporate and club wembley prices were disgraceful. That whole set up with that stadium is just designed for rich people to make money off poor people.