1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Aug 16, 2017.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I closed down the official, refreshed and other stuff countless times in the 20 minutes I had no stream, earlier than you though strangely. The audio has been low each game - I have to use headphones if I want to hear it. The picture was good though for the 70 minutes it appeared!

2. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

What for? :biggrin:

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Greg Sangwine‏@GSangwine 9m9 minutes ago
    #QPR Twitter: Beat Reading; we're world beaters Draw @swfc :should have won-stupid Rangers Lose in Norwich; we NEED signings #overreactions

Spot on that's why I have said neither way about results. Give it 10 games and see where we are. I must say I didn't think we would have got this many points though.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I cannot remember now. It was either something to do with Delia and her teeth or something to do with the amount of fingers your fans have. :emoticon-0100-smile

qpherts and Steelmonkey like this.
  5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. We had issues at the same time, but the degree of the problem seems to vary. I confirm that I only had to re-enter twice.

As for the audio, I am very pleased that you are also confirming it is virtually inaudible. I had good quality Denon hi-fi headphones with all the pc and web settings at maximum, and I could just about hear it. It is good to know that at least I am not going deaf, although I am sure that watching the R's is not conducive to good health! :)

QPR Oslo likes this.
  6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

<laugh>

I can only speak for myself but I have 10 fingers like everyone else ................

............. and 2 thumbs of course <cool> :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0149-no:

Totallyqpr and KentGaz like this.
  7. stick

stick Bumper King

I would argue that we were by far the better team while we were 1 down until Lynch came off and was replaced by Furlong who was awful and didn't seem to know where he was meant to be playing, we pretty much completely lost our shape at that point.
    We were slightly the worse of two pretty poor looking teams!

8. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

An interesting perspective which probably means that overall it was was quite an even match - except that they scored and we did not. Plus, we probably played them off the pitch at the beginning as a I recall the ball was continuously in their half, which is again a pity as we could not turn the pressure and advantage into goals.

Hopefully we will be more successful and clinical on Saturday! :)

9. stick

stick Bumper King

Yep, first fifteen minutes were ours and we unlucky not to take an early lead.

Its a long journey to see us lose especially as I am such a rare watcher these days! My disappointment was tempered by having Kevin Gallen sit in the same row....brought back memories of better times!

QPRski likes this.
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<laugh>:emoticon-0148-yes:
    Although our defence acted like statues I thought Oliveira took his goal well.

11. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

The pass to him from Vrancic was sublime too. Although we seemed pretty nervous in the first half especially early on, I thought we were the better side after the break and seemed to be well in control after Oliveira's opener.

We are a work in progress that's for sure, new DOF, new head coach (German), new coaching team (German), 9 new players (mostly German), City fans asked for change and that's exactly what we've got.
    Whether these guys will cope with the rigours of this league playing two games a week only time will tell.

Still confident of a top six finish though what about you, do you think the 'R's will be challenging for a play-off spot or better this term?

ELLERS likes this.
  12. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh> you guys start drinking that moonshine early out there in the Fens? Top six? Think most of us would be happy with mid-table, and not skirting with relegation

CroydonCaptainJack likes this.
  13. stick

stick Bumper King

Were you in the same stadium as me? Your lot absolutely crapped themselves when they went one up and until we changed Lynch for Furlong we were running the show. After that we let you back in.
    You manager is a clown, I see he said you never let us have a single clear cut chance LOL he must have gone for a wee break when we had the volleyed effort from seven yards that hit your keeper I guess.

14. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Don't give up!

stick likes this.
  15. Parishoops

Parishoops Active Member

I watched the live stream from Paris (with just a few interruptions) and then decided to watch the full 90 minutes again. I thought we created a lot of chances and were unlucky not to have one or two fall nicer. I also thought the final ball/cross on several occasions was just not good enough. We also need to do better in terms of shooting (a long standing weakness in my opinion.) Otherwise thought Freeman was much less in this game then the previous 3 (tired?) and Luongo went missing for most of the 2nd half. Overall not a bad performance, lacked a bit of cutting edge in the final 3rd, a tad unlucky. Certainly not panic stations for me, especially as we seem better at keeping possession then last year. Clearly defence needs work and am thinking we will not add any new players there (just have to hope Baptise/Hall/Caulker) can come in. One area where we do need another player/option is up front. For me neither Smith nor Washington are real finishers. Maybe Connor will get there but we need another firing and pretty soon. If we can keep the performance levels up and if we can have Hall back then I think we have a fighting chance of making the play off. Love Scowen, think he does the Karl Henry role 10X better than Karl. Final comment, I was looking at some of oor matches from last season and realised the core of the team this year has been together for about 12 months now. I think that stability is starting to improve us.

Ciarrai_Abu and kingdom hoop like this.
  16. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Now Marvin Sordell managed to have an influential impact for Burton, who came from behind scoring a couple of 2nd half goals to beat Brum 2-1 - only 26, I see he came to Burton on a player swap deal - now I would gladly swap Mackie for him.

17. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Never been to the fens, it's over the border, but I hear it's nice. :emoticon-0105-wink:

QPR999 likes this.