1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Aug 16, 2017.

1. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

My stream was excellent in the 1st half, although in the 2nd half (around 60-80 minutes into the match) it twice froze with a strange message caption. I refreshed and quickly reentered the stream with no issues. Each interruption took less than a minute.

I propose that you try the same should the picture freeze: refresh => re-enter live stream

However, throughout the whole match the my sound level of the commentary was very low, despite all the volume controls being at maximum level. Did you also experience that?

2. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I think that our key issue is that we did not take our chances. We seemed rather toothless and ineffective in taking them. However, Lua Lua did look threatening in 2nd half and he simply ran on goal and thumped it accurately and hard. I thought that we seemed to dither in front of goals on most of the time.

Of course we can blame the defense. but Norwich also made mistakes, as all teams will. The key difference is that that they scored and we did not, and we did have some good chances.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    QPR Oslo and NorwayRanger like this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Where's the fun in keeping perspective? Or taking any of it seriously?

Rangers Til I Die likes this.
  4. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

We were certainly the best team for the first 20 minutes, playing as effectively as against Reading and Wednesday. It is a pity that we could not impose our superiority and score. Norwich then came back, and overall the 1st half was even. I then thought that the match could be a 0:0 draw.

Unfortunately, again similar to the Wednesday match, we quickly leaked a goal at the start of the 2nd half. I don't know if this is the result of a half time talk and change in formation, but we do seem to loose defensive cover, whilst the opposition seem to highly motivated. Once down, we looked much more ragged, Norwich were full of confidence, plus we seemed to want to by pass the midfield and play the ball to the front wide men. Unfortunately, it was ineffective as generally they ran into a large swarm of yellow jersey-ed players.

5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

The Hull match on Saturday now becomes even more significant.

It we win or draw, then we are unbeaten at home. Hurrah, etc. :)

However, should we loose, then we are a a losing streak of two matches in a row, plus no win in three matches. Panic and meltdown! :headbang:

A very minor difference in the result at an early stage in the season, but quite a paradigm change, which I am sure would create very different reaction on the various message boards.

6. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

You lose games in this division, it's a given. It's always been how you react to a defeat. Let's see how we get on against Hull on Saturday. Hopefully the injury to Pawel isn't serious!

The back 3 is a clear weakness for us, and it seems only one of them can have a good game at any one time...

SwanHills, NorwayRanger and Hoop-Leif like this.
  7. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Haha, that is the forums in a nutshell.

QPRski likes this.
  8. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Morning Guys, just read through this thread and couldn't help noticing that several of you guys appear to dislike my club intensely for some reason? Never mind, sticks and stones and all that :biggrin:

Edit:- I have good reason to dislike QPR as it's my Ex Mother-In-Law's club #bitch #wickedwitch :emoticon-0119-puke:

However life's too short to be bitter <ok>

qpr1976, SwanHills, kiwiqpr and 5 others like this.
  9. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Hopefully highlights the need for a couple of additions

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

For some of us older blokes the dislike stems from 1976 when a 3-2 loss at Carrow Road cost us the league title. A few years ago on here when there was much more inter board banter it got a bit feisty between us as well. I had a look at your excellent match day thread and it seemed much calmer than before and quite a few of your livelier contributors missing, as they are on this board.

Can't say I like Norwich, but if it's any consolation I dislike Cardiff much more.

KIO likes this.

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

There was one player, I think it was Luongo, that was tracking Reed in an incredibly relaxed fashion. If he'd put on pressure on the Norwich player, there would barely have been time to get the shot off.

12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

It's a QPR thing. However, we all enjoyed Delia's drunken rant!

KIO likes this.
  13. CroydonCaptainJack

Come on
    Lets be aving you
    Where are you

Priceless

14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I'm not one of her biggest fans (far from it), but if nothing else she does care and has a passion for the club. It's not uncommon for her to pop into the pub with the City fans on away days for a chat and lubrication. In fact that's exactly what she did against Fulham on the opening day, there ain't many owners around who would do that.

15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Ours does as well ...

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

16. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Personally I just couldn't stand Bradley Johnson and Grant Holt. So your all good now.

Hoopington and KIO like this.
  17. CroydonCaptainJack

I should have soft spot for Norwich. I was born in Kings Lynn and my cousin is a ST holder there. But we never get anything there! Share the points round a bit and I will reconsider

KIO likes this.
  18. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Holty is a legend in these parts, scored bucket loads of goals for us in three divisions, not to mention a hattrick against the Binmen. But as I've always said, he's the type of player you love if he plays for your club but hate if he plays for the opposition. Better to have inside the tent p1ssing out, than outside the tent p1ssing in :biggrin:

19. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Always admire NCFC away support, colourful and noisey and a long way to get to anywhere

kiwiqpr, StortfordQPR and KIO like this.
  20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Didn't I get banned from the Norwich board once?