1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

max injury

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dr Van Helsing, Dec 8, 2019.

1. DMac1987

DMac1987 Member

To be far to @Southerner he has a point. Rafa is idolised for **** all really. He should have kept us up and he couldn't, he then wasted a tonne on ****ty championship players he would have to flog when promoted and the football was hardly riveting.

People idolise Rafa because he won things years ago at a different club. It's absurd.

2. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Us? You're a Sunderland fan. Would you rather have had Rafa bring you back up to the prem or a bit of Chris Coleman?

Who idolised him anyway. Did fans just like him?

He's my favourite manager since Hughton which, considering its between Carver, Pardew, Mclaren, Bruce, isn't saying all that much. He made an effort with the community which I liked about him and the football was what it was. I don't see teams survive relegation battles playing tiki-taka.

People liked Rafa because he was able to do the relegation survival job but had already proven himself capable of managing higher up the table given decent funding. Fans like to have a bit of hope. The idolising thing is something pushed by a small percentage of our fan base and Mackems.

It's like saying you lot need to stop idolising fat sham for keeping you in the prem playing ****e football then selling you out as soon as he had a better opportunity.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Munson. and Consett Mag like this.
  3. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

He is a serial winner. I dont know about you but I would like to see Newcastle win something before i depart from this earth. Entertainment is all well and good but this club needs a winning mentality first and foremost.

Munson. likes this.