1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

max injury

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainpancakes, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

exactly but it's true mate

2. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

TBF you can see his game time needs managing. Bruce obviously wants him out there because he is our biggest threat but he definitely regularly looks like he's on the edge of a few weeks out.

3. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently he will be fit to play in goal on Saturday and Bruce has said he may do it just to piss Chaos off.

Judge Death likes this.
  4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is our current injury situation according to Physio Room:
    upload_2019-12-12_7-22-25.png
    Despite our wealth of centre-backs it looks like we can't afford to lose any more. Presume we will looking at Schar, Fernandez and Dummett this weekend which I am comfortable with. Sounds like Ritchie is nowhere near fit yet.

5. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

Why hasnt Lejeune been back in the matchday squad? I thought he was ready for a place on the bench at least.

6. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

You could argue that's half of the first team outfield in that list. we are looking at really bare bones on the right this week.
    However, onwards and upwards = 0-0. Turgid game, will be like watching a Rafaesque 10 man defence masterclass.

7. Captainpancakes

we will beat burnley

8. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Not good news:
    “We think it could be a month or six weeks. We always run the risk with Allan. He’s been instrumental in how we’ve gone about our work.

“We’ll miss him, but we have to find another way.”

“He pulled his hamstring doing 38.6 kilometres an hour in the 96th minute! I don’t think anyone has ran that fast in the Premier League before.

“He’s explosive. When you run the way he does you’re susceptible.”

“We all bang the drum that a football player can play every day of the week, but not with that intensity.

“We’ll kick ourselves but unfortunately these things happen.”

This though! "doing 38.6 kilometres an hour in the 96th minute!" Just for reference Usain Bolt was averaging 37.6km/h in his world record 100 meter sprint (although he did hit 44.7km/h between 60-80 meteres).

9. Captainpancakes

we're ****ed mate injury crisis something rafa never created

10. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

You Rafa cock suckers are getting desperate. Rafa had loads of injury crises. Notably, when a long bad run ended v West Ham featuring Saivet. And then of course, his 'discovery' of Longstaff when desperately short of options. I could go on.
    Brucie, by no means a great manager, continues to demonstrate how very, very ordinary Rafa was. All these clubs falling over themselves to get him......
    Not!

11. Captainpancakes

rafa never risks players that aren't fit was my point and if you don't realise that's why we finish a season strong then you know nothing mate .

we played 3 games in 7 days and he only rested one striker and look what happens !! we play today without max shelve clark and almiron … oh and we didn't manage a single shot on target let alone . score .

you seem to get caught up in the media agenda and silly stats rather than being able to read a game and understand our situation in terms of our playing style and who does what well

Consett Mag likes this.
  12. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

You sound like a bitter ex lad, move on. He ****ed off to China for 4x his wage, not many going to be matching that so he'll sit out his contract then come back. Nothing amazing, but if we had aspirations to move further up than relegation candidates, he'd have known how to get us there. Bruce doesn't.

We could have run this team on autopilot and we'd have stayed up, reinforced by the players virtually forcing Bruce to revert to 3 at the back. We will survive this season but I will be judging Bruce on next year, when a few more transfers are made. Let's face it, if the football continues looking like this things won't be getting any better.

As for Saivet, I saw that as fairly impressive he could take a man who hadn't played all season and he produced a performance like that. How's that Saivet doing right now anyway? Sure everyone was 'falling over' themselves to get him?

As for Matty, he was 'discovered' similarily this season. I remember having this argument with Pouch. Young players don't tend to get whacked into relegation threatened teams without their being an injury crisis.

13. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

OK you have absolutely convinced me, Rafa is a god. Everything that Bruce achieves is all Rafa's doing.
    Or.......Brucie is doing a better job than him, without constantly whining about his shut players and how he needs more money for more players
    I was delighted he left and am delighted to see the progress we have seen. It sickens me to read so much negativity about that.

14. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

No I'm once again excited about match days. A man who thinks Almiron is good absolutely couldn't even read the Sun with it's 10 year old reading age. Unless of course, you live in a different universe where he is any good.

15. Captainpancakes

did you watch us before he signed in January last year ? did you watch us today ? whether you think he's very good matter not one bit because factually we are worse without him and factually we have nobody better on the bench mate.

RobEllious likes this.
  16. RobEllious

Very few rebuttals there. Let's see at the end of the season, or two, rather than spaffing our load at a few good results.

You don't like that he wanted more funding and its fair enough. I liked that about him though, I liked he didn't tow the party line and talk about, well, lines. Didn't affect the team and it was a fair assessment.

I was fed up of us seeing us underfunded and the manager pretending that was OK, along with all the other ****ty behaviour. We had it with Pardew and sad to see it return with Bruce, the football doesn't help either. Without pressure there will never be change really so I'd rather people tried.

To be honest if we'd got a more forward thinking manager I wouldn't have been that bothered at Rafa leaving, lines and all.

Munson. likes this.
  17. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

Im convinced southerner is simon jordan

Munson. and RobEllious like this.
  18. RobEllious

<laugh> if not its Justin Barnes' PR account

JokeInEre likes this.
  19. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Cannot come soon enough judging by these facts.

C’mon Toons.

20. Captainpancakes

Or danny mills