1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

max injury

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dr Van Helsing, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

This is such a big blow !! 1 min away from him getting a rest for 7 days and us being 10th a looking up the league , but I think without him we will start struggling again as we did prior to his introduction this season. anyway how would you go about replacing him ? swap for a player or change our system entirely ?

I would employ the same system , but try joelinton in maxes role aml with carroll up top or maybe just a straight swap for atsu. I don't like the idea of doing anything drastic formation wise given the success we're having with it .

2. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

He wants Xmas off. FAKE INJURY.

3. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

I'd like to see Joelinton used wide to see what he offers there or Muto might be a shout.

We'll probably see Almiron moved to the left with Manquillo/Yedlin on the right with Krafth at RWB

4. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

Forgot about Muto

5. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

So did Rafa and then Bruce too, so don't beat yourself up about it!!!

6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Almiron left for sure, it's where he has always played before us. Then go for Manquillo moved up with Kraft slotted in behind him.

I think Almiron on the left will sure up the defence, he reminds me a lot of Jonas who did solid defensive work for years and in my opinion was one of our most underrated players.

Manquillo as you said has been unsung hero for us, cracking little player and the big teams aren't interested in him, Will be with us a while. Kraft doesnt look shabby, he can do a job for a few months. Isn't that why we signed him?

We have depth, we just need to be willing to use them.

Munson. likes this.
  7. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

That's what our isolated attack needs - another full back

Munson. likes this.
  8. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he has been a breath of fresh air, with his willingness to run at players, which is some thing we have missed for the past couple of years, but in Almiron we have an excellent replacement, and to be honest neither of them actually have much in the way of end product anyway. What both do is cover up for our inability to retain possession through passing by being able to hold on to the ball, and move forward with it.

However I would be looking now to work Longstaff back into the team so would go with following:

Dubravka
    Yedlin
    Schar
    Fernandez
    Dummett
    Willems
    Manquillo
    Shelvey
    Longstaff
    Almiron
    Carroll

Think Joelinton should be "rested'" when Carroll is fit enough to start. On Saturday he couldn't even get the right side of his man when going for headers.

9. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I'd move Miggy over to the left and try Yedlin over on the right in front of Manquillo. His pace down that right could cause some serious problems. I'd rather that than stick with the formation we have and just swap ASM for Crapsu.

10. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

We have steve bruce in charge here mate not marcelo bielsa <laugh>. I dont think he will play the 2 mentioned rb's out of position. He is just not that kind of coach.

11. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

For me we need two styles of play. One that's been so successful against bigger teams - the solid 5-4-1 (we'd have beaten Arsenal earlier in the season with it) - but one that's a bit more controlling of 5-3-2.

We have to stick with 3 CB's. Our personnel and manager both understand it. But we need to add a midfielder and not worry too much about width against 'lesser' teams. I'd like to see Joelinton moved to RWF with Max's injury, but also would like to see him play with Carroll in a 5-3-2, but drop deeper. He's better facing the oppo goal than he is with his back to it.

cronemeister likes this.
  12. JokeInEre

Almiron on the left Atsu on the right will be the move imo. Burnley away is another perfect game to start big andy and he deserves to if fit.

I would go with the following team vs burney.

Dubravka

Manquillo
    Fernandez
    Clark (if fit)
    Dummett
    Williems

Hayden
    Shelvey

Atsu
    Carroll
    Almiron

Munson. likes this.
  13. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

JoeLinton is definitely not an out and out striker playing up top on his own. Quite why Bruce hasn't figured it out after 16 games is beyond me....he's just shagging the blokes confidence....if he has any left. We looked a lot more solid when Longstaff came on yesterday. ASM is only one player and as much as I like him (as do the rest of the fans) and whilst we need players like him in the team, other than his goal on Thursday night he's done very little in our last 3 games bar a few mazy runs etc, possibly down to him maybe carrying a knock. He tore West Ham apart but has been fairly quiet since so I'm not too worried about not having him available for selection. He'll be missed of course but we have other options available to us.

Flash likes this.
  14. Welshie

Not my personal choice but certainly realistic to how we have been all season. And a playstyle that get a results.

I'd actually give Almiron another chance in CM, from his tracking back defensive work on the right I think if he applied those qualities in midfield he would be extremely difficult to play against and could help add some grit in the middle. As it stands Shelvey let's everyone walk past and I'm not entirely sure what Hayden does.

15. Welshie

Swap Hayden for Longstaff.

Hayden barely puts a shift in, all he did against Saints was foul a couple people.

16. Mowgli311080

Mowgli311080 Member

I think it's finally time to see what Joelinton is like out on the wing, thats where he played most of the time at Hoffenheim. Carroll upfront with maybe Gayle coming on around the hour mark.

Munson. likes this.
  17. Welshie

That will take balls from a British coach. If you're 6ft2 you either play centre back or target man nothing inbetween <laugh>

Flash likes this.
  18. Dr Van Helsing

we agree

19. JokeInEre

Hopefully we can get him back for the FA cup.

20. Dr Van Helsing

no chance mate we wont see him until February! poor management from bruce! credit where credit is due, but this was a stupid mistake