1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mavrias

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by BackO'TheNet, Jul 3, 2013.

1. steve30000

steve30000 Member

i was just about to post it. wonder if it will get announced tomorrow then

2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Would be nice I think he will give us more back up and push for first team

3. safctillidie

safctillidie Member

Sounds like a good bit of business if this is the case...at least he has to prove himself before his old club get some real money for him.....they must obviously have a bit of faith in him.

4. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Hope theres no issue with this medical

5. C19RK73

PAOLO Di Canio admits to being a big admirer of young Greek winger Charis Mavrias and hopes the Panathinaikos star’s move to Sunderland is completed soon.

The Italian head coach regards the 19-year-old as an exciting talent, but he did not want to say too much in his weekly local Press conference before the protracted £2.5million move is agreed.

Di Canio should not have too long to wait, though, with the teenager arriving on Wearside yesterday with a view to finalising a deal, the details of which were hammered out last month.

Mavrias and his agent had hoped that the transfer would go through weeks ago, after the two clubs agreed a £1.5m down payment increasing by £1m with add-ons.

But Sunderland stalled on the move and then returned with an offer of a loan switch, which was rejected, before eventually agreeing last week to go back to the original terms.

Di Canio’s reluctance to talk about prospective incoming and outgoings is understandable, with moves for Gino Peruzzi, Benjamin Mendy and Lucas Orban – as well as Mavrias – reaching advanced stages before breaking down.

But there’s no doubt that Di Canio will be happier when he has the Greek starlet on board.

“Until a player signs, I would prefer not to say too much about them,” he said.

“But what do I know about Mavrias? I know him, I know that he is a very good prospect, I know that he’s a very exciting player.

“But I don’t want to talk about him, or any more about what was said about Sessegnon at the weekend because things you say about transfers can easily cause problems and confusion so I would prefer to wait and see.”

Despite his caution though, Di Canio knows that the arrival of Mavrias – the second youngest player to play Champions League football, behind Celestine Babayaro, and already a twice-capped Greek international – would be a big part of the jigsaw in terms of Sunderland’s first-team plans.

Should the deal go through, it would mean Di Canio has two established international wingers – Emanuele Giaccherini and Adam Johnson – on either flank, and two young international wingers as understudies, in the shape of Mavrias on the left and Swedish U19 star David Moberg Karlsson on the right.

With attacking widemen in a 4-2-4 formation so much a part of Di Canio’s plans, he has regarded it as essential that he has deputies on the flank to continue the attacking formation should his first-choices fall to injury, suspension or poor form.

Both Jack Colback and Seb Larsson are also capable of playing out wide, but Di Canio’s vision is for his wingers to be out-and-out, pacey attackers and he would prefer not to use the two stalwarts there, if possible, this season.

The Italian said at the weekend that, in an ideal world, he would like five more new players in before the transfer window closes.

Those players were, in order of priority: a creative central midfielder, a winger, a left-back, another central midfielder and a utility player.

So, if Mavrias signs, that will be one of the head coach’s primary positions filled.

And Di Canio has admitted that should he be able to get that key midfielder, which is his overwhelming priority, and a left-back, to go with a new winger, he would be more than content with the work done in the current window.

6. C19RK73

Greek Football ‏@greekfooty
    Sunderland have informed Panathinaikos that Mavrias has successfully completed his medical. He's expected to sign a 4yr contract later today

Gerrin!

7. RedandWhite_believer

http://prasinanea.gr/football/article2379480.ece

"Mavrias successfully passed the medical tests and more details left to complete his transfer to Sunderland.

The telly with his move to Sunderland Thanks MAVRIKOU reaches its end. The young midfielder found on Tuesday in England, successfully passed the medical exam and now still details to be the announcement of transcription.

The English club informed Thursday morning Panathinaikos that there was not the slightest problem with the examination of black, so now the two teams should be to exchange the necessary documents to formalize the agreement.

Bear in mind that the 19 year old attacking midfielder will sign a four-year contract with the "black cats" while Panathinaikos will receive by signing contracts 1.5 million. Beyond the English club would pay an additional 1.5 million by the end of the year, if Black has a specific number of participants with Sunderland, Clover will put the funds of an additional 1 million."

I hope that 4 million is Euro's!

8. TheBigGunMackem

TheBigGunMackem New Member

It's 4 million Euro's pal. very good signing in my opinion. he will keep our first choice wingers on there toes.

9. Vincemac

PDC he says he is an admirer but its not close yet eh ?????

10. C19RK73

Done deal!

Published: 22 August, 2013
    by Stuart Vose
    Winger Mavrias joins up.
    Sunderland AFC have confirmed the signing of Greek international Charalampos (Charis) Mavrias from Panathinaikos for an undisclosed fee.

Mavrias, 19, arrives on Wearside after agreeing a three-year deal with the Black Cats.

The Greek midfielder came through the Athens side’s academy. He made his club debut in the UEFA Champions League as a 16-year-old in 2010, becoming the second-youngest player ever to play in the competition.

The youngster made 59 domestic and 11 European appearances for the Greek side, scoring six goals.

He has also made two appearances for the Greek national side, as well as being capped at U17, U19 and U21 level.

Mavrias has been assigned the squad number 35.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2013/august/greek-international-signs

11. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm excited about this one, he's played for the national team so obviuosly has something about him even at his tender age.
    As the old saying goes. If he's good enough. he's old enough.

12. C19RK73

please log in to view this image

13. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Excellent!

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Sweet! Well that was a drawn out mutha ****a

15. C19RK73

wasnt it just, wonder who's next through the door?

16. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

CM please then a fullback. Just can't see is scoring many goals this season with more creation. CM the priority for me but both if possible.

17. C19RK73

I have no fear of this, pirlo and rose

18. Vincemac

Champion

19. Vincemac

You see just my knowledge I post this at 1 45 and his arrival announced at 1 45 you can't believe wot you read

20. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Excellent! But whens Peruzzi gonna sign...that's what I want to know!!!!! :wink: