1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Decent draw. Could have won it, could have lost it.

Wolves were better than I thought, I was hoping they might struggle this season but they seemed decent enough but needing a striker.

Mitro had an off day and worryingly lost his head at the end. We can't afford to have him suspended. That's a warning to himself. Teams will have seen him against Liverpool and have him marked out of the game. He needs to get used to it.

3 points next week would be great. Brentford will be on cloud 9 atm.

2whitestripes likes this.
  2. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Great result today - in other years we would have lost, but the team are much more resilient these days. Confidence is building. COYW!!
    And we are 4th!

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

A brilliant result, and a great start to the season, and will settle the nerves for sure.
    The bragging rights are ours <badger><badger><badger>

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Fulham were controlling Brentford until they let in that sloppy goal. If you look at the video BDCReid was blocked off from getting to the scorer.
    When you are at the game VAR is a very annoying wait, but I expect on the TV they are doing numerous replays trying to find out what might be the decision.
    Lots of positives from the game especially the high energy 1st half again. Not so much in the 2nd when again I thought Tosin was very nervous and his passing and heading was poor. But again Ream was more the stable one along with Robinson who seems to be getting back to defend more quickly. Stansfield was full of energy and running along with Pereira kept the pressure on the Brentford back 4 in the 1st half.

Crawley defeat was a disappointment even though the team was totally changed by Silva for reasons I can understand, but it does annoy me how we have disrespected Cup games over many years now.

5. 2whitestripes

I think it is more about prioritizing the league, and the fewer games, the fresher the squad. Staying in the EPL is our only aim this year, and hopefully will be the same next season.

6. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Tough one today - but we thought that against Liverpool. A point will be a great result

7. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

We deserved a point but still a great start to the season - and we didn't lose 9-0!!

8. 2whitestripes

We defended brilliantly until Tete came off. We got caught with some deliberation of making a pass having won the ball, but we played a top team.
    Had we had our wingers available we would have been a greater threat, and as Marco says, we need a few additions this week.
    Overall, I'm happy and, as FCLF, said, "and we didn't lose 9-0!!"
    Mitro looks stronger and has added better holding and ball skills, wow........

9. Fulham COYW

Mitro got the confidence this time round. Teams are simply scared of him. Despite the loss v Arsenal we gave a good account of ourselves.

I'm more than pleased with our start this season, the team effort from everyone has been fantastic.

10. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Fantastic result tonight against a real form team. Mitro is just amazing. The future looks good.COYW!!

11. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Really good performance, well deserved 3 points. Although the lack of depth on the bench is quite concerning, here's hoping reinforcements come in over the next 48 hours.

12. Super Brian McBride

Good 3 points to pick up against a good Brighton side. September is a tough month fixture wise so it is good to have 8 points already in the table.
    Early days yet, and a few more days of the transfer window left, looks like Kluivert is being denied a work permit, Willian may need to be given contract to deputise for Wilson instead if we don't have anyone else in the pipeline.

13. 2whitestripes

We could sign Dunk as a standby for Mitro, just an idea................
    Great gutsy performance and a real acknowledgement of both Robinson and Tete performances this season, hardly a foot wrong and not what we saw last season.
    It's a real team effort and heads are sensible and held high, long may they continue.:emoticon-0137-clapp
    <badger><badger>

14. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Spurs, Chelsea and Nottingham Forest in September. Going on August's performances we should hope for something out of those

15. 2whitestripes

I was at the game last night, wow......
    We are currently 6th in the EPL, just saying.....
    <badger><badger><badger>

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  16. Super Brian McBride

Good to be going into the International break with a win like that against Forest.
    Media is starting to change it's tune about Fulham going down, all of a sudden they are experts in how well we will do in the Premier <laugh>
    But a word of caution, it's now been 6/7 games and I always think that it gets harder as Opponents will be studying teams and start to play to counter Silva's tactics, having said that the 5 sub rule has meant coaches can now rotate their tactics and the last 20 minutes of a game becomes more tactical.

Fulham COYW and 2whitestripes like this.
  17. Fulham COYW

Yes, fantastic result on Friday. Team really playing as a team and apart from Spurs game we have matched all our opposition. Was particularly pleased that Reed got his first goal for Fulham, works so hard.

I did see we are selling tickets for part of the Upper riverside stand. £90 for adults and £60 for children. Sounds very expensive. I wonder if that will sell. Personally too much for me and just as well I have a season ticket.

18. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Where's everyone gone???

19. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I'm here and waiting for Villa, Fred. Bit cold this morning by the Thames!

Fulham COYW likes this.
  20. Super Brian McBride

It was so annoying against Bournemouth to get off to a terrible start after just 1 minute, really poor goals to give away. Second half was better and although we camped in their half with no end product, ever time they broke we could have conceded.
    Cairney made the difference as Bournemouth allowed him the space to operate and continually switch play and link with Willian who had come on.
    Because of this result we need to get 3 points against Villa to keep up confidence and the momentum.

Fulham COYW likes this.