1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

You sum up the Bournemouth game well. I wonder why Tosin did not play, their goals exposed defensive weaknesses which is a worry.

The Villa game is going to be interesting. If we play like we did second half then I think we'll be ok. Hopefully we will have Mitro ! 3 points will be a fantastic morale boost.

2. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Watched the game on Amazon. Great coverage. Fantastic performance and a well earned 3 points. Good to see us convert pressure into goals and when you are doing well the decisions go for you. We are playing so well as a team - and Willain was fantastic - what a talent.

3. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Looks like we are claiming another managerial scalp!

Fulham COYW likes this.
  4. Fulham COYW

Really good result today. Team are playing very well and as a team. Willian starting to show real form and is total class.

We could have won by more and it was a shame that last Leeds goal trickled in. Still this season is has far exceeded my expectations, must keep reminding myself though, there's a long way to go.

2whitestripes likes this.
  5. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Critical 6 points from the last 2 games. After Everton a tough run to the world cup - but we fear no one.

2whitestripes and Fulham COYW like this.
  6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I was wondering where everyone had gone, and to be honest I gave up looking..........
    So, we sit in 7th place, 18pts, and trying to keep realistic, hopeful relegation isn't a talking point as the season progresses.
    Our last 3 results have shown we can be dominant, resilient, and dangerous, which is by far better than our efforts when last in the EPL.
    We have had some bad fortune and weird VAR outcomes, but we are 7th, and exceedingly happy with that, inclusive of our new recruits and massive improvement in our players from last season. All this is down to Marco and the backroom staff, what a great job they are doing.

PS. I hope everyone here is getting by during these hard times, and hope to read more from you all soon. :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Fulham COYW

Good to hear from you 2whitestripes. I've been guilty of not posting too much recently. We miss Cottager58.

Gonna be another tough game v Everton. I saw them at the weekend and they played well.

Anyway, good time to be a Fulham fan.

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

We really miss Cottager58. He very much held this forum together.

I have been following the predictions at fivethirtyeight.com and it's interesting that they think our chance of relegation has fallen from 29% to 12% following the last two games. There's a long way to go but I think we are in a much better position than any of us would have expected at this stage.

There really is no substitute for getting points on the board. Here's hoping we can carry on our recent form into the Everton game and can go into the world cup halfway to the 40 point mark.

9. 2whitestripes

Cottager58 got our tickets to be in the White Wall, he is greatly missed on this board for sure. It does seem a little strange that with the thousands who were on those terraces at Wembley, only a tiny fraction comment on here.
    Another few points before the World Cup will have us in a brilliant position. It's been great to see and hear our fans getting behind the team, home and away. I got to the Wolves and Forrest matches, and it was so good, apart from roasting and being grilled by the flamethrowers at Wolves. I also went to the U21's game at Leicester, Mrs 2WS was not amused...........

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  10. Fulham COYW

Did anyone ever meet up with Cottager58 at all ? As you say he is very much missed.

I can't make the Everton game but really hoping we can continue our good run. Not sure when we last won 3 on the spin in the Premier league. I don't recall us being too successful against Everton but it comes to mind a fantastic Ruiz strike once against them. The confidence will be high. It should be a great game.

11. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

If we can get maximum points from the Everton game it would give us a nice cushion for the 2 Manchester games, 21 points would be a nice start to the season and give us a buffer. It would be two games you could say let's have a go and see what happens, as long as we didn't let too many goals in to harm our goal deference, we might wake up a few of the media shows to talk about how well we are doing.
    But the WC is something I do wonder about as to how it might effect our season, will we be the same after the break. I hope so.
    I wasn't able to get any info at the time from his members page when he stopped posting to find him, so wasn't able to trace him. I fear the worse as I don't think he would not have tried to sign in again if it had just been log-in trouble.

12. 2whitestripes

Well, we could easily have won, having performed and controlled the game so well. Still mystified why VAR concluded Willian wasn't given a penalty, but another point and confidence remains high.
    The improvement of our players who helped us last season is probably my highlight so far this season.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  13. Super Brian McBride

Bit of a frustrating game against Everton. It was a Should've, could've, would've won, if, but, only etc.
    But on the whole another satisfying game from most of the team.
    Good to see Tete getting back. MOTM is split between Willian and Robinson.
    Would say 19 points is a good start to the season.
    Now for the 2 Manchester teams.

14. 2whitestripes

The club have confirmed some bad news today, that Neeskens Kebano has unfortunately suffered a ruptured Achilles in training this week.
    He was playing really well, improving game after game.
    I hope he makes a swift and full recovery, he will be missed, on and off the pitch.

15. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Shame about Kebano, but hopefully Solomon is far away from full fitness

16. 2whitestripes

Marco said it would be January for Solomon.
    It will be our toughest challenge today at the Etihad, I'm just hoping we do ourselves proud. We may start with 3CB's as Leicester last weekend, they defended well. We need to get some flow going forward, nick a goal, and relieve pressure at the back. It will be telling..........

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  17. 2whitestripes

To come away from the Etihad disappointed not to have got a draw, just shows how far we have come. City are a brilliant team, even with 10 men, but our defending was excellent. Their penalty in the last seconds of the game was soft, from the replays I saw on MOTD, a minor tap and down he went...........
    We will not have Tete or Reed for the United game, both now on 5 yellow cards, and I guess Mitro will be a doubt. I think we can get a result at the Cottage all the same, our spirt is the best I've seen in many a year.

18. Super Brian McBride

The United result is one of those results that wakes me up the next day at 5.30am in the morning still wondering how we lost the game and I can't get back to sleep.
    People I know who were in that end of the JHS say that the ball went out of play for a Fulham throw before the second goal, but obviously the linesman didn't see it.
    Suffered from having Tete and Reed suspended as United targeted the right side as our weakness.

19. 2whitestripes

It seems to me VAR takes a view on how a goal can stand for some teams (big 6) and how a goal can be discounted for others.
    Yes, a tough one to take, but it was the finishing quality on the pitch that made the difference. All that aside, we deserved much more in this and the previous 2 matches, which shows the progress we have made. Additionally, I have the feeling, we are not punching above our weight, in fact, we are getting fewer points than we deserve.
    PS, it's going quiet on here again.........

Fulham COYW likes this.
  20. Fulham COYW

Enjoyed the Fulham v Fulham game yesterday with Wales and USA. All played well, particularly Ream. Wasn't really the game for James who hardly featured. I think the game plan was speed and breakaways but US did a good job pressing that they had to change tactics. Let's hope for no injuries.