1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I thought Jedi also had a good game and was used higher up the pitch.
    I hope Joao doesn't play for Portugal, so the world doesn't see how good he is.......
    Mitro needs to come home fit and ready for action.
    It's been a good WC so far and a few shocks already, Canada were so unlucky but the lack of a finisher was all too evident.

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Can't get excited about this World Cup. Have watched Zero Live games so far, but do watch the highlights packages.
    Just hope all our players come back injury free.
    So far rumours are Inter & AC Milan looking interested in Robinson.
    Fulham interest in Arsenal defender Cedric Soares.
    Fulham are being linked with a winter swoop for Sao Paulo ace Pablo Maia.

3. 2whitestripes

Mitro's on Fire!
    Serbian appreciation...........

4. Super Brian McBride

After the sending offs it was a stroll and their keeper kept the score down.
    Even when Palace had 11 Fulham were dominant.
    Nice to see Bobby DC Reid back up front, got a bit worried when Tete went down at that challenge.
    Tomkins had no chance against Mitro, all game he was trying to body check Mitro's runs at the keeper, very silly, Mitro got clever.
    Thought we lost a bit of momentum when James and Wilson came on.

2whitestripes and Fulham COYW like this.
  5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

It was certainly a welcome 3 points. For me there was always a worry on how we would start after the world cup break and so that win will have given us great confidence.

On paper the Southampton game should be the easier game, their defending against Brighton at the weekend was awful, but it rarely works out as we think and I am sure it will be a tough game. Need to start as we did against Palace and give them no time on the ball. I think as well our midfield is far superior and this is going to help. I hope Mitro is ok though. We have Chelsea soon so I want to keep up our form and give them a real go.

2whitestripes likes this.
  6. 2whitestripes

Ignoring the fact of 3 wins on the bounce, 2 away and only 1 goal conceded..................... nothing to comment about there.

Do you want us to have a cup run, starting at Hull today?

7. Fulham COYW

Good win yesterday, that's four wins on the trot.

We've not been at our best for the last three but still got the wins. I't's an incredible run, just a shame Mitro has a one match ban for the Chelsea game. I'd be more confident we could give them a good run for their money. Still, you never know.

As for FA Cup, why not give it a go. Draw is later today, I awaiting with interest. Let's hope it's not Man City away again.

8. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I imagine both sides will be confident going into this fixture...

9. Super Brian McBride

It will be interesting to see what formation Marco Silva will adopt without Mitro for the Chelsea game.
    Will it be a straight swap with Vinicius or a false 9 with either Willian, BDCR or James taking the spot.
    Looking to Leno to be Fulhams MOTM.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  10. 2whitestripes

I'd be inclined to put Dan James in for Mitro, his pace and size could be the undoing of their centre backs.
    The game is on BT Sport.

11. 2whitestripes

12. Super Brian McBride

As I hoped Leno had a good game and Vinicius has become a Fulham cult hero overnight with that goal against Chelsea.
    Pereira my MOTM
    6th in the Table on 31 points after 19 games I'll take That.

13. Fulham COYW

What a week. Glorious victory over Chelsea and then very unlucky not to have got something at Newcastle.

Without Mitro against Chelsea I was optimistic of a draw. Home and away I've come away disappointed for so many years, it's taken days for the excitement of that night to diminish, even the Newcastle result hasn't spoilt my positivity.

I see though we are facing a charge for failing to control our players after Felix's lunge at Tete. I reckon Arsenal must have complained as they had a similar charge recently. I don't think anything was that excessive, it's a normal reaction after such a terrible connection. On the good side we'll have Mitro back for the return visit to Chelsea and without Felix who looked good we will have a great chance of doing the double over them.

Penalty at Newcastle, I think I'll gloss over that.

14. Super Brian McBride

Think Mitro has to look at his method of taking penalties and change, from a goal map of all his penalties he is trying to aim for the corner and side netting area, so now if keepers see that they take a 50/50 gamble on which side to go full length and as happened with the Southampton keeper save even though Mitro hit it well. His technique of side foot can see his standing foot slip as he tries to skew the ball to the right or left corner.

I was hoping that Silva would use Cairney as sub to gain control of midfield for the last 20 minutes with Solomon coming on, to run at Dan Burn but it never happened and we went defensive bringing on Tosin trying to get the draw with James given the nod.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  15. Fulham COYW

Cairney coming on at Newcaste was exactly what I was hoping also. He's done really well as the sub role calming a game and helping control the midfield.

I'm looking forward to Spurs on Monday. Players have rested and will be confident. I remember well the time we beat them 4-1 in the FA Cup and spotting a Spurs fan I know sitting a few rows down from me. How I enjoyed watching having to jump up and applaud four times.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  16. Super Brian McBride

I'm hoping we can knock Lloris confidence early in the game (if he plays), and that Leno keeps up his great form, think it will be a close game, let's hope Fulham can get the momentum going again and start another winning streak.

17. Fulham COYW

Not the most exciting game v Spurs. I thought we did ok first half but didn't really threaten their goal enough. We needed to capitalise on these times. After half an hour Spurs hardly had the ball in our half and I felt surely Spurs will start playing soon.

Undone my a super goal by Kane and that was the difference really in the game. Spurs spent the 2nd half time wasting but I think we did that to them at their ground. Spurs fans though, by far the quietest away fans this season.

18. Super Brian McBride

Sunderland was an entertaining game for the neutral. Fulham 12 shots on target Sunderland 7 shots on target. Sloppy goal given away early by Diop for Sunderland to score. The Cairney 'Twinkle Toes' goal was masterful. Both sides had chances to win it, but Sunderlands keeper was MOTM pulling off at lest 4 great saves.

I sat in the Riverside upper stand for the first time as it was £30. A good view of the pitch and game, a bit more knee room then the JHS/HE, hard but padded seats, very steep steps in the stand that were not very big (Size 7-8 shoe?). Needed to que 15 minutes to get in as there were only 4-5 turnstiles along the River Embankment to get in ( I have since been informed you can get in via Hammersmith End Turnstiles - whether that is true, but they send you all the way round to get in). Once you get in there is another manual ticket check to get into the main section, the facilities aren't great and a lot of it seems temporary, toilets are minimal, but might get better once the stand is fully up and running. Can't say it is worth a £1000+ season ticket. How they are going to cope with the stand being full heaven knows, but at the moment there are health & safety issues.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    2whitestripes and Fulham COYW like this.
  19. Fulham COYW

That's interesting about the Riverside stand. I was going to do it as I couldn't book my normal seat in the JHS but in the end opted for the Hammersmith as I rarely sit there. I did have a walk round to the Riverside area and it all seemed very packed, long queues for beer and food but a nice view of the river.

I wasn't too keen either on the Hammersmith end either. So many in late, I was up and down letting people through and in front people constantly getting up to either get to their seat or go to the toilet. It gave me a different view but I think I prefer my seat in JHS. I didn't help either that I happened to sit next to an ar** h*le.

20. Super Brian McBride

Haven't had long to enjoy our victory over the neighbours and we are at it again on Friday.
    Now that they've spent the good part of £300m in the window their fans will be expecting to roll us over, so let's hope we can take the points again and not be a springboard to launch them.
    Marco has some decision to make at Center Back, Tosin or Diop, think he'll go with Tosin, will he play BDCR or will Solomon get the start on the rightside with Willian on the left. (Solomon seemed to be suffering from tightening of his leg muscles as he was doing a lot of stretching against Sunderland after 60 mins), think he'll start BDCR for his defensive qualities and bring Solomon on later if needed. You'd expect Mitro to start and Robinson back in at LB. Reed in for Cairney.