1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jarrod Bowen

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by WSTiger, Dec 28, 2021.

1. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

I can’t believe players like Rashford and Lingard still get mentioned when talking about England.

It’s always what they’ve done and never what they’re doing when some players get picked.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  2. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Sterling is a serial diver, so much so he's embarrassing, Rashford has never been the same since he became a dinner lady in his spare time and was given so much adulation it turned his head and the worst thing Lingard did was return to Man U when he was on a high at West Ham - shot himself in the foot by going back to a toxic club when he thought he could pick up where he left off - big mistake

Jarrod deserves to be picked well ahead of anyone else as he's proven he can compete with the best, today being a great example

And as for Grealish, he's just a thick twat

3. x

x Well-Known Member

despite england getting to the euros final last year, too many of these so-called quality players were ineffective and impactless when they finally got on the pitch.

4. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Bowen surely deserves to be ahead of Rashford and Sancho in the pecking order at least, and possibly even Saka, based on this season’s form alone.

x likes this.
  5. x

x Well-Known Member

for me, he should be in the team from the off. stirling and kane actually get goals, but some of the ones that are meant to create goals just don't. grealish is like putting go-faster stripes on a reliant. "look at my hair! look at my hair! don't you just love my hair?"

6. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I agree to a certain point, but I also think Southgate is the only manager in the last 20 odd years, who’s been able to pick players who aren’t media darlings. I think Sterling will be in front of Bowen, but the next set of friendlies, will definitely see Bowen in the squad to see what he can do at International level.

7. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I'd like to think so tbh because as I said he deserves his chance.

Brucebones likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

People have said this about every England manager for years. Whoever they pick is wrong and people always want the new up and coming players to be picked sooner and the established players disposed with sooner. Southgate has been brilliant for England and deserves more credit.

Bowen is clearly playing at England level, his only problem is that he's not been in the squad already and he's running out of time ahead of the World Cup. There's only been one England squad in the last few months and he was injured for it, so he's not had chance to be called up.

It isn't as simple in international football as just picking players on a whim though, successful international teams are developed over time the same way club sides are, and players make their way into the team gradually, which is part of why people are always annoyed that the current flavour of the month isn't yet being picked. I really hope there's time for Bowen to get in and earn his place before Qatar.

9. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Whilst this is true and Bowen wouldn’t and probably shouldn’t be picked ahead of Sterling, Foden, Saka or Grealish, I still think he warrants a spot for Qatar more than the likes of Rashford. Even if he only gets his first cap in a warm-up friendly before Qatar, he’s done more to earn a place in the squad than Rashford.

It’s bizarre that pundits and fans still debate whether or not Rashford will reach his potential. He’s not 19 anymore, he’s in his mid-20s and these should be some of the best years of his career and yet he’s been in decline whilst Bowen is thriving. If he didn’t play for Man Utd, he’d be about as relevant as Dominic Calvert-Lewin. The Rashford hype/debates aren’t justified.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't know where you're seeing this Rashford hype. He hasn't been in the England squad since his form dropped off, he won't be in it again for the foreseeable future and no one is calling for him to be.

This is a fairly standard conversation around England though. People are always unhappy that [established player X] hasn't been discarded yet, even if as in this case, he actually has.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Man United wouldn't sell Lingard to West Ham, he was happy to go there and he's expected to be a West Ham player at the end of the summer.

12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

14. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Didn't he choose to sign a new deal though?

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It seems he did, I wasn't aware of that, it is his fault then.

16. x

x Well-Known Member

ian wrigh has joined the bowen for england club.

Idi Amin likes this.
  17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

18. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

West Ham to give Bowen new contract
    According to the Daily Mail, West Ham are set to give Jarrod Bowen a new contract after a successful season with the Hammers.

Currently on a £60k-a-week deal until 2025, Bowen is the first player since Paulo Di Canio who has reached double digits in goals and assists for West Hamin a Premier League season, scoring 12 goals and getting 10 assists this season.

19. What? A full dog?

What? A full dog? Well-Known Member

20. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

I am assuming we will receive more money if he gets an England cap. Can’t remember fully but was it 14m upfront with the fee rising to 20m with add os?