1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January transfer window 2020

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Nov 4, 2019.

1. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

We thought that about Grigg.

Sheep Farmer likes this.
  2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh and sharpish

clockstander likes this.
  3. MKmackem

MKmackem Well-Known Member

That's worked out well

Well...not yet...

4. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

They did mate. Very well. Their strikeforce looks pretty formidable for this league, but they concede their fair share of goals too.

5. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

i still think the current squad should be good enough, although grigg/wyke need a damn good confidence boost...the main addition i would like to see and have done for years, is the man in the middle who can control a game or change it with one slick pass...i agree with others though, if we do look to get players in it needs to be done asap and find players to compliment those we have, not some who will be alien to our formation/tactics.

6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

ive heard theres a guy called Cattermole at Venlo...<laugh>

7. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Is nzogbia still available?
    Seriously though I'd go for that shankland lad. Changed clubs and still banging them in albeit in scotland.
    He clearly has no fear, is a poacher and at his age has resale value. With the right coaching he can get better.
    Maddison has found his niche at posh. If he was on a free fine. But isnt he due to turn 28 soon? Really if he was any good he would have at least a couple of c'ship games under his belt.
    We need to shift leadbitter and mcgeoch but I doubt there would be many takers. I reckon by this league's standards they will be in money the vast majority wouldnt pay.
    As others have intimated I reckon PP already has his eyes on a couple of players.
    I just hope he has the clout to get his own way and keep coton and hill ( dumb and dumber ) away from the process other than negotiating fee. We dont them 'picking out' talent. They are abysmal

8. Sin Semilla

Sin Semilla Well-Known Member

Regardless of how the deal was done. It appears we could be heading towards more funding than what we had under Short but with more knowledgeable direction

9. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

There's absolutely no chance Maddison will leaving Peterborough for around a million. Promotion is worth a lot more, sell him they probably blow their chance of promotion.

clockstander likes this.
  10. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Agree. Wouldn't be worth their while.

11. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

I'd like to see us spend a little, but not an exorbitant amount. It's not a case of one big Grigg style signing, more a better left back, a better defensive midfielder, maybe a more all round striker than what we have.

That said I rate McNulty.

Worth shifting Grigg on loan to get some wages if anyone in the Championship will have him?

clockstander likes this.
  12. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

We're not in the Championship though mate.

13. FulwellBri

First class sarcasm, but if you read All of the post you would see I made reference to his age.
    The 2m they are asking for an aging player is way too high for this league and given no c'ship team seems to want or has wanted him speaks volumes ( to most, not all it seems )

14. It's said that the reason he hasn't moved before now is more down to his character rather than his age or the asking price.

15. Agree. They've given PP the crucial job of getting us up....he's had time to identify what he thinks he needs....they've got to back him and as soon as the window opens! We're scheduled to play 6 league games in January, and whoever comes in needs to be there for most of them.

Charley Farley likes this.
  16. FulwellBri

Surely that is worse then.
    We have had more than our fair share of 5hitheads over the years. Last thing we need is to bring in another one.
    Further why wouldnt other teams think they could make him a better 'person' if his quality is so apparent?

17. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Desperate for a goal scorer...other positions as well...the problem is could we sell/let go Grigg/Wyke, as I reckon one will have to go to get another one in..

Smug in Boots likes this.
  18. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Did read all the post just saying how we are not in the Championship and he is scoring and assisting for fun in this league. I also think we could get him cheap in January due to his contract ending shortly.

19. Rhinos Legend

Rhinos Legend Well-Known Member

On RR been linked to an Azerbaijan defender.

NEWS: Azerbaijan international defender comments on reported Sunderland interest in signing him
    News reports in Azerbaijan claim that Sunderland have began negotiations with an international defender, with the player even commenting publicly after being questioned about our interest in him.

please log in to view this image

Sabah
    Sunderland have been linked with a move for Azerbaijan international Bahlul Mustafazada according to reports in the defender’s homeland.

Azerisport claim that Sunderland have begun preliminary negotiations to sign the 22-year-old, with Phil Parkinson claimed to be keen to bring the centre-back to the Stadium of Light in the January transfer window.

Mustafazada plays for Sabah in the Azerbaijan Premier League but only signed for them on a free transfer from Qabala in the summer.

Despite his recent arrival at Sabah, the in-demand defender has recently been linked with the likes of Celtic and Rangers, as well as clubs in the Premier League, Championship and the Bundesliga.

Probably not true, especially if he’s had interest from higher leagues.

Sandy Camel and smithy in nl like this.
  20. FulwellBri

We would virtually have to give grigg away and sub his wages for his next club. Our eyes have been taken out. He is rodwell lite.
    It will be like foregoing a good league 1 standard player just to get shot. Who wants a striker who hasnt scored regularly for over 2 seasons? Plus he will be high wages by this leagues standards.
    Wyke is a slightly better situation. Another non scoring striker who will be on slightly less wages.
    Mcgeoch was a free but because he was rated his wages will be on high side so there will be reluctance amongst buyers to take him on. Again we may have to subsidise.
    Those 3 alone are reason enough never to allow coton and hill anywhere near a transfer deal .

clockstander and Sunderpitt like this.