1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Nov 24, 2023.

1. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

So potentially, we have a player that will light up next season, that we have bought for a song, whose value will potentially multiply 10 fold, who's been MOTM whether he's been on for 10 minutes or 70 and your gripe is he hasn't scored.. Yesterday, their keeper made 2 near post saves from him (if Allsop had been in their net head have 2 goals) and then he hit the post. As someone has said and perhaps its right, he's hit the post 3 times, but I suppose you see that as missing the target..., FFS man get a grip...

WSTiger likes this.
  2. TIGERSCAVE

Barking!!!!

3. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

We have a manager who in his first full time gig
    Stopped us conceding almost 3 goals a game
    Has us fighting for the playoffs in his first full season
    And you criticise?
    Get a grip

See how that works

PLT likes this.
  4. TIGERSCAVE

You need to read back some of the ****e you typed during and after the Leeds match... post 523 is a belter. 'I'm officially Rosie out'. .. but maybe you were trippin'

5. bradymk2

I still am mostly
    But whats your point?

Stockholm Tiger and FER ARK like this.
  6. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

You are a div with a short memory?

7. bradymk2

No
    My point was
    He was going mental about plt omur post
    Yet he does the same about rosenior

See how that works?

8. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

Your constant chiming in to make personal insults on the SAME people is somewhat tiresome, and indicative of a similarly short memory, after seeing your cringe worthy complaint to Helmdair that he only seems to agree with certain people.

9. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

You say you want Rosenior out and have a pop then a few days later have a go at someone for criticising him. Is that how it works?

10. bradymk2

i still do mainly

im not critcising him for having a go at rosie, im critcising him for having a go at someone else and saying get a grip when he's said many bonkers things about rosie you see

life is not binary mate although it appears to be in your mind

11. Kalman

Kalman Guest

The only similarities I see between Ömür and Allahyar is the nature of the deal, particularly the 50% sell-on clause. Since co-ownership is prohibited in English football but quite common in other European leagues, including Turkey, I imagine the high sell-on fees is something of a loophole.

Co-ownership can be messy and lead to legal issues. There’s a player called Lamine Diack who was signed by Fenerbahçe in 2022 then immediately sold to Ankaragücü the same window. He had a good season for Ankaragücü that year (I heard we were interested in him in the summer window just gone but eventually joined Nantes on loan with a mandatory buy-clause of around €2.5 million). He played exactly one minute for Nantes this season, the buy-clause was activated in January and he was then loaned out to an MLS club. There’s been investigations into his moves to Fenerbahçe, then to Ankaragücü the same window, then to Nantes on loan with the mandatory buy-clause. It’s still unknown whether Fenerbahçe still own rights to the player despite never having played for them. I’m glad co-ownership isn’t allowed in English football. It’s a mess.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think my post about Ömür has, perhaps unsurprisingly, caused more of a stir than intended. I didn't say he's not a good player or that he hasn't played well or that I'm not excited about him. I said that he currently hasn't shown any end product and shared my suspicion that he won't be as popular in a few months time if that continues. Because we do do this with players, they're the second coming at first and then over time people get fed up of them and start scrutinising more. I mentioned Allahyar as an example of this and people missed the point, thinking it was about drawing comparisons between them as players, which it wasn't. It was that Allahyar is one good example of a player who everyone was seriously excited about at first (people said he was better than KLP at the time) despite him not scoring goals, and over time that faded and by the end he was seen as just someone who could run and not much else.

DuaneDarby18 and Drew like this.
  13. Kalman

Kalman Guest

I still maintain Allahyar would be a good player and exciting talent were if not for that hamstring injury against Burnley. Sure, he was raw but he was quick, strong, worked hard and still very young. He was also a decent finisher. I don’t think he was ever a winger in Rosenior’s system. He was a striker with a similar sort of profile to Gabriel Jesus.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

You might be right. I suspect a big part of what made Rosenior lose faith in him was his fitness record, perhaps weighed against his wages.

15. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

It's a 50% sell on I believe.

16. DuaneDarby18

DuaneDarby18 Well-Known Member

You’re right, we do that a lot as fans. But Omur is a bit special. You can see it’s not just form and that he has class. <cool>

17. george dawes

george dawes Active Member

Reminds me of Messi

18. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Expecting end product from Omur when he’s a midfielder is bizarre.

Going to be some very disappointed fans if that’s what you think he’s here to bring.

rovertiger and Wessie Exile like this.
  19. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Omur has shown in the short time he has been here that he willl score goals in the future in my humble opinion will be of more value to the team that even Jaden Philogene (and my own personal favorite Ozan Tufan for that matter)

20. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

He's not been prolific in terms of goals in his career so far, but when talking about end product it's key passes and assists on a consistent basis that separates the good attacking midfielders from the really top class ones. And the odd goal, obviously.

That said he's been unlucky not to score a couple of times already.

He's definitely a mouthwatering prospect.