1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HOW LONG DO WE GIVE HIM ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I guess that makes me pretty naive, then. :(

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

The footballing naive amongst us also question Jeromes ability to add to his 2 (two) goals this season.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  3. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Considering we've now played 20 of 46 games, at the current rate of "progress" :emoticon-0112-wonde, he could hit the dizzy heights of five (5!) goals for the whole season.
    A useful tally, I think we can all agree <yikes>

Scowey likes this.
  4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Cromer I'm sorry but if all you think we need is a new striker to turn things around then, Yes you are.

DD I didn't mention Jerome in particular. When Jerome was starting and not scoring the cry was Oliveira is much better and isn't being given a fair chance. Well I think he's started the last 4 games and not scored, so all those people that were saying he's much better than Jerome have hardly been proved right. So what's the cry now, we need a new striker to solve our problems, well spending money we don't have on the supposedly next big thing won't change things, until such time as the team adapts no striker we could afford will make any difference. Welcome to the real world.

canary-dave likes this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

We have 2 strikers one has been battling with injuries the other woefully out of form.
    If the team has only managed to score 18 goals in 20 games 4 from Oliviers and 2 from Jerome I think it's reasonable to perhaps try to bring in a capable loan signing or recruit a centre forward from lesser leagues in January.

I felt starting with just two strikers for the entire season was risky and we are certainly lacking any cutting edge.

I Would argue that failing to win since October 22nd and scoring on aversge less than 1 (one) goal a game is relegation form and refusing to change anything and just patiently watching the car crash unfold would be negligence on the part of the board.
    The German has lost the players and some fans with his dull pointless tactics.
    We urgently need either one of the strikers to hit form or bring in someone else.

For example Sunderland took Grabban on loan and he has scored 11 in 16 games , he was considered a donkey that missed sitters at Norwich but compared to what we have he has scored almost twice as much as our 2 combined thus far.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  6. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Spot on on both counts.
    Only two (2) teams have scored less goals than us - Sunderland have eight more and they're joint bottom of the table, ffs! :emoticon-0136-giggl

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  7. DUNCAN DONUTS

You're not allowed to laugh at Sunderland's misfortune <laugh>

8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

I wonder if Chris Coleman lies awake at night bathed in a cold sweat? <laugh> <ok>

9. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

He's in for a massive pay off either way, and can't lose no matter what happens. If they go down "Was an impossible task, that club is a disaster" if they stay up "He's a genius, here's a massive bonus on top of you gigantic wages". He was the lowest paid Manager at the Euros apparently.

He also has the pressure of a country off his shoulders. I think he's ok.

JM Fan likes this.
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Neither of our strikers are bad players, they are simply not suited to the system that we are playing. It isn't just them either, plainly the players we have available at the moment are either not ready or never will be to play Farke's brand of football. I continue to cling to the hope that when the injured players return we can get some sort of bounce and start winning the odd game again. With all of that said, I am far from convinced Farke will ever have us scoring freely, I think with Tettey and Trybull back we can stem the flow at the other end, but as I keep saying his BD II record suggests that goals will never flow freely.

Bah!

JM Fan and carrowcanario like this.

11. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I thought I'd quote myself :bandit: having commented something on a different thread.

It really is a surprise (and I'm not even smiling) to hear what is happening at Carrow Road.. This is truly a pivotal 12 months for the club as offloading the likes of Naismith asap will mean that you can keep hold of Maddison et al for a bit longer and try to build again.

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

It's on the xmas wish list of virtually every single NCFC supporter.
    Along with van Wolfswinkel, the worst bit of business in Norwich's history, based on cost + wages and return (or complete lack of <grr>) on said 'investments.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I thought this paragraph from Will Jennings' rather excellent article from on today's MFW was particularly relevant - "I respect those who continue to endorse patience. I envy those who truly believe that Farke really can be the man to pioneer something special at the club we all adore. However, with the persistence of defensive frailties, the sheer lack of conviction in possession and the fundamental lack of penetration in the final third that I have witnessed on so many occasions this season, I struggle to conjure such optimism."
    I must admit that my patience is wearing very thin and IMO, we have got to commit more bodies to attack when we do have the ball.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...roject-farke-is-taking-a-very-different-path/

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    canary-dave and Walsh.i.am like this.
  14. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Loose on Sat and the **** will really hit the fan

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

BUMP ! <grr>

16. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

<laugh> Why ever did we get him in the first place?

KIO likes this.
  17. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

It's time for a change.

Players have lost faith in the coach.

Come on Mr Webber, lets see some leadership.

KIO likes this.
  18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I disagree for far too long some players at Norwich seem to have too much say, its a culture that needs to be broken. This is a transition season as long as we don't get relegated and lay the seeds for a promotion challenge next year that's enough.

1950canary likes this.
  19. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Yep.

It' a transition season.

Transition into league 1.

20. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

For me, even worse. We knew there was a risk with van Wolfswinkel because he had never played in the UK. Naismith was supposed to be a safe bet.

Also, Ricky always tried even if he totally lost confidence.

: farkelife