1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HOW LONG DO WE GIVE HIM ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Nov 4, 2017.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

FOUR straight defeats, one win in six games, no threat in front of goal whatsoever. This coming off the back of a long unbeaten run a la Hoootun. We seem to have been here before, is this the beginning of the end of #farkelife ?

ilovedelia likes this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Feck off <laugh>

3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

FFS PISS OFF DELIA YOU’RE STINKING THE FECKING PLACE OUT NOW, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! <grr>

In other news Grant Holt has left King’s Lynn to join Barrow as Player/Coach

4. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

...... Oh and I’m fed up with this tippy tappy sidewards and back sh1t, we are not bloody Barca FFS and this is the Championship ! <doh>

carrowcanario likes this.
  5. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Solution is quite simple KIO. Offer Delia £40m for her shares, agree to clear the debt and promise to put in £20m for new players. Not prepared or able to do it ? Nor is anybody else so get off her back!!!

canary-dave and JM Fan like this.
  6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

But there’s the rub my friend, she wouldn’t sell even then. Her shares will be given to her nephew on the proviso that he doesn’t sell and it stinks. So no I won’t get off her back, NEVER !

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

How do we know no one's willing, after all we never listen to offers

KIO likes this.
  8. 1950canary

I have no contact with her but I am certain that if a genuine NCFC supporter offered the deal I suggested she would accept. Anybody interested in the Club as an ' investment ' would be turned down but of course there is no such genuine deal available. She might have her faults but I would far rather her, as a genuine supporter, in control than some unknown ' investor ' especially as the Board have passed on the day to day running of the Club to professionals.

9. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

This ^

10. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I would imagine Leicester and Bournemouth fans are well p1ssed off then. I would mention Chelski and Citeh too but I’ll admit no-one with that sort of bunce is gonna invest in little Norwich <ok>

11. 1950canary

Ignoring of course Coventry, Portsmouth, Leeds, Birmingham and countless others where it all went tits up!!

canary-dave likes this.
  12. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I was waiting for that response and you didn’t disappoint <laugh>
    27C214AA-7412-489F-9D1A-30BB45F1135F.jpeg

13. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

It started bad. It then looked promising, although really negative (But I was thinking, build your foundations first, then push on.)

He had a run of scraping wins. It's now back to step one! "Starting badly" we are playing like that again.

Massive risk. Again, they have employed someone we can all say "is a nice guy"

Gunn, Hughton, Adams, Neil, Farke.

Despite sacking loads of loyal workers who have worked for the club for years, It's not a new system. It's clear staff and Players and see what they do under these new names.

14. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To answer the original question honestly, if he isn't still here in May 2019 I'll be surprised. This is a squad thoroughly moulded in his image, like Mick McCarthy's at Ipswich, and I'm not sure anybody else would get more out of it - and we don't have the finances to pursue another direction so soon after the last sea-change.

This appointment wasn't made with short-term gains in mind. The approach this season is not "promotion or bust", we'd be genuinely gambling with the future of the club if it was. Unfortunately the reality of a club without external funding is that we need to do absolutely everything right financially to stand a chance. The Webber/Farke combination is the best attempt from Delia et. al. to address that.

So with that said, as much as Webber and Farke talk about promotion being the aim - it isn't. They are aiming to fix the pipeline from academy to first team, reduce the wage bill dramatically, and develop a recruitment strategy that targets young, hungry, cheap players. If Farke can achieve success with the resources available to him, that's almost a side objective right now.

Despite the latest run of results, only today really stands out as particularly poor. The rest are perfectly acceptable for the mid-table club we are aiming to be this season. We aren't in serious danger of relegation, so there isn't a need for a sharp upturn in results, and so Farke will stay. A promotion tilt will hopefully come soon!!

That all said it's very easy for me to preach patience when I get to 4-5 games a season. Things aren't right on the pitch and that sucks for those watching week in, week out. The fans deserve entertaining. We are toothless up front, ponderous in possession and the defensive solidity we briefly found has evaporated. That can't continue.

My hope is that Farke continues to show that he's learning. The last international break resulted in clear tactical changes and improvements, hopefully the next one will too. Our paper-thin squad will hopefully be bolstered by some returning players, including hopefully a striker capable of scoring. A bit of a rest for the likes of Maddison and Klose is important too. And hopefully the players continue to learn too. The recent imports to better adapt to the league, and the older heads to adapt to the manager.

toastehmonstah likes this.
  15. Forgot_My_Lines

The amount of German Non-league players we sign, signals that they were Farke's targets. I wouldn't pick any out as class. He said about "don't talk about Trybull incase Chelsea are listening". Well I hope they bloody were. He was terrible the last 2 games. I'd love Chelsea to bid us 10M.

16. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Trybull, Watkins and Zimmerman all came for nothing, we could at least sell 2/3 for some money. Stiepermann might have increased in value, given how little we paid for Vrancic, maybe he has too. Farke certainly had a say, along with Webber, but that approach of buying undervalued/freebie players and making a little profit off them will probably be the way we try and stave off having to sell as many premium assets each season.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. 1950canary

A very accurate summary of the situation. Unfortunately patience, long term and not spending money we haven't got are not views shared by the majority of football supporters. I said this elsewhere but I will say this again - we are back to where we were in the 1960's and will have to accept a medium to long term stay in the Championship unless Farke or whoever follows him can produce a Ron Saunders style transformation.

18. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

It wasn't entirely accurate though. The last international break has actually seen us go into serious reverse with 1W, 1D (two if you count Arsenal in 90mins) and 4L. The international break at the beginning of September saw something of a transformation positively the last did not, we all hoped it would be where he added goals to our solidity but that hasn' happened.
    You are both right though, this is definitely a project that not only needs time but will likely get it.
    With that said I don't know how safe Farke can feel. Yes he's Webbers man, but I don't see Webber as slow to act if he thinks his gamble on Farke isn't working. I think that whilst, Farke is German and many of the signings were from Germany, I would be really surprised if it wasn't Webber who had the scouting and suggested all If those players to Farke not the other way around, he is the one with the purported encyclopedic knowledge of the European leagues. Like the players, I bet Webber knows of another German manager ready to take them on again.
    I think its too early to be looking for someone new, but I doubt Webber has a high tolerance for stalling progress.

Bah!

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  19. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Main problem, as we all know, is that we don’t process reliable goal scorers. Both Jerome and Murphy missed guilt edge chances today and had they gone in we would be taking 3 points away. Half-a-dozen more goals, mainly at home and we would be safely in top 6 by now. This is the difference between success and ‘failure’. Having said this, Webber seems ready to step in if he feels it’s all going tits up. If he does then where will he find the dosh to pay off Farke? Just can’t imagine at this stage of the season that we will have a change of manager.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. Forgot_My_Lines

No chance!

If we needed 3 points to stay up. They would still wait to sack him a few games into League 1.

JM Fan likes this.
: farkelife