1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

HOW LONG DO WE GIVE HIM ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Nov 4, 2017.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well said DH and I deliberately avoided this thread yesterday, as I was so angry that yet again CJ missed a goalden opportunity to give us the lead when we were so much in the ascendency.

DF is struggling with injuries to key players at the moment, but that should ease in the run up to Xmas and I'd love t see a return of 12 points (or more!!) out of our 6 games in December with only the Owls and the Bees at home -
    Fri Dec 1 Cardiff (7.45pm)
    Sat Dec 9 Sheff Weds (12.30pm)
    Sat Dec 16 Leeds
    Fri Dec 22 Brentford (7.45pm)
    Tue Dec 26 Brum
    Sat Dec 30 Burton

Leeds after a brilliant start when they were in the top 2 for a while, have lost 5 of their last 6 games!!! <yikes>
    Let's hope the 'wheels' don't come off at Burton in the last game this year. <getscoatemoticon> <laugh>

2. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Well considering he had no qualifications whatever to recommend himself for the job in the first place, I´m a bit surprised he´s lasted as long as he has done. A few more runs like we´re on at the moment though, and I can see the Snakepit and other volatile areas of the ground, giving him a bit of stick, very soon. Their patience tends to run out long before its sell-by date. <laugh>

3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spot on, DH.
    And yet yesterday's team (against one win all season Bolton) was virtually the same side that took Arsenal into extra time just 10 or 11 days ago. And gave a damn fine account of themselves?
    Go figure.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

He's only been there for less than half a season! <doh> What makes you think that you'd get anyone decent to replace him even if old Delia did pull the trigger (which I very much doubt). Mick will be looking for a new gig in May so why not wait till then?

JM Fan likes this.
  5. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Are we looking at some sort of player rebellion here? What has Farke done to upset the status quo? We will never know, unless we start to dive down the table and alarm bells start ringing.

6. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rather odd stat: Last time we won an away game in November, was in 2008. A 2-1 win away at Forrest.

Teamsheet: Marshall, Omozusi (Fotheringham 62), Kennedy, Doherty, Bertrand, Bell, Clingan, Croft, Pattison, Hoolahan (Otsemobor 22), Lita.
    Subs Not Used: Nelson, Cureton, Lupoli.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

And Ipsquit.

JM Fan likes this.
  8. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, we wouldn't expect anyone that we could know would be decent, Farke is a huge gamble, where we are right now, with Webber running the football side, we would likely recruit in exactly the same way, a German manager from the second/third or forth tier.
    I'd be both horified and intreged to see what would happen if Mick got the head coach role at City. He is performing very ugly miracles for you binners on the budget he has, so to have a bigger budget I could actually see him doing well. Would I pay to see us under him, hell no!

Bah!

9. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We'd have a few quid to spend if he was here, though.
    Skilled players like Maddison, Pritchard and Murphy (sometimes) would all be surplus to requirements. That's few bob in the kitty to buy a couple of 6'6" target men
    to lump the ball up to - :emoticon-0119-puke: :emoticon-0145-shake

10. General Melchett

I think he'd try to keep at least Maddison, he needs someone to chuck the ball in to the big lumps, with Maddisons deliveries they'd score hatfuls!

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.

11. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Keep Maddison sell Pritchard makes much more sense.

canary-dave likes this.
  12. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

canary-dave likes this.
  13. General Melchett

It might make sense to us the fans but, no one will be beating down the door for a maybe recovered Pritchard. JM is hot property at the moment and unfortunately is the most likely to go to fund any further improvements. trouble is, JM is unlikely to be on the sort of wages that might attract a Gayle or some other goal scorer at a level we need.

Bah!

14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

How about a 'BOGOF' sell AP and get Naismith for free???? <laugh>

canary-dave likes this.
  15. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Crikey we have 11 more days of this pant wetting .<laugh>

16. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

As much as we are frustrated with Mick, we don't have any big burly 6ft+ target men that we "lump the ball up to" and haven't had one since Murphy left... (Much of the reason we were so terrible last season)

What he would do though is stop anyone from the defence trying to pass the ball out from back for fear of losing possession in 'dangerous areas' and give you a midfield which primarily worked to nullify the opponents (regardless of who they were) and would be afraid of making it much further than the safety of the halfway line..

But he's all yours if you want him. For all his faults you could (and we probably will) do a lot worse than Mick.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

canary-dave likes this.
  18. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

It seemed clear to me in the summer that this was a long-term development we are embarking on rather than a quick fix. We had to save money and we did by letting good players like Ruddy and Bennett go. Both are now playing well for Wolves who can afford their salaries. The last three games have been discouraging but not because of the way we are playing. Paddy says it all at the end:

"There have been enough tangible signs of progress. It may be uneven. It may have been rationed at Carrow Road - compared with results on Norwich’s travels - but perspective and realism must remain the watchwords from this point."

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  19. General Melchett

On the contrary, this summer was in the main about the quickest fix possible to our bloated wage bill. Unfortunately if understandably, team building has come secondary to that. Personnally I was happy for both Ruddy and Bennett to leave as their most recent form in a City shirt did not imbue any great belief that they were still good players, or at least not justifibly good for the wages they were getting.
    I am still remaining somewhere in the middle on whether Farke is working out. He certainly hasn't proved he is either a success or failure. But if sticking extra defensive players on the park and getting better at defending is revalatory then I'm in the wrong business! Those wins on the road and clean sheets give him some kudos, but the fact he had to pull our teeth to do it means we are still no where near where we need to be and so this jury member is still out. Our home form simply must improve.

Bah!

20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Ruddy & Bennett weren't great last season, but there was a defensive player that was worst, Martin. Since Martin hasn't feature in the squad funnily enough our defensive record is improving. I had a few disagreements with posters on here when I said it wasn't a surprise Ruddy was a nervous wreck playing behind a defence organised by Martin. What did we do got rid of Ruddy & Bennett and rewarded Martin with a contract extension, only a Norwich could this happen.

: farkelife