1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Here we go again.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Nov 6, 2017.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Agree with that comment Sparks. Built a defence around Williams. Unfortunately not what everton have done.
    Shows the problems Everton have had with their team selections. Sandwiched in between some poor games for everton he had a couple good games for Wales. Right players in the right formation. No pace in the rest of the everton back 4 either.
    Sigurdsson doesn't look that good playing with two other number 10s either.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Remote - I don't think much is going to change at the top of the Prem for years to come - just like it hasn't done for recent years. Look at the current top 6. Man City, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal - you could have predicted that, if not necessarily in that order, with a fair amount of certainty before the start of the season.

It's at the other end of the table that's always going to be fluid. Previously, clubs that would have seemed to be relatively "safe" are finding life difficult. Everton are one who have joined the mix along with Stoke, Southampton and West Brom - never attractive clubs but always seemed to have enough in the tank to avoid the drop. The truth of the matter is that no one save for the exalted few are safe.

It'll be interesting to see who can pull out of that zone and the reasons why. Managers? Players? Owners? - they're all factors and probably the biggest of all will be money (or the lack of it being made available).

3. ccfcremotesupport

They used to talk about 3 divisions in the premier league, the top 4-5, the bottom 5-6 and the middle safe clubs. As you say Sparks, the middle group are no longer safe. Everton tagged themselves onto the tails of Liverpool the last season or two and looked as if they would kick on this season. Probably the surprise package for me, in the wrong way.

The middle and bottom have become a lot closer, and relegation is tough as has been seen for a number of clubs. Sunderland look to be the latest club to risk going straight through. It's the 'more established' premiership clubs that find it hardest.

I can imagine Moyes toughening up West Ham, but recent experiences with Sunderland may be playing on his mind. Think everton have enough quality that if they start playing players in their true positions they'll get some results. Starts narrowing down the strugglers.

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I think it might come down to managers who have "been there done that and have the tee shirt"

The Swans supporters think they can get a manager who can play their way out, I can't see that.

They need to get big Sam or someone like him.

5. ccfcremotesupport

I feel the swans are in the same boat as we were with Trollope. They have a very good coach as a manager!

6. DaiJones

I think you might be right there Remote, good coaches don't always make good managers. <ok>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Some very good posts on this thread, fair play even from OldSparky!............. <laugh>

Unless we change the manager and spend in January we are sunk well and truly. Clement's football is dire, negative, the man is a coward of a coach, and he simply needs to go, far too cautious, we don't have the best of squads, but he is making it all worse, and it looks like our chairman is already making his moves by putting Briton in the number 2 position, someone Clement doesn't rate, so the squeeze is now on Clement, short of a miraculous turn of results, he's a dead man walking, be glad to see the Back of him and his football.

Our transfer dealings have been very poor for 3 seasons now, which has brought us to this point, to say that January will be judgement day for the Swans is an understatement. ... <ok>

8. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We will be fine and will climb to safety just as soon as Clement goes that i have no doubt about. .Clement is a dead manager walking and it cant be much longer now before he will be sacked.....Leon has already moved into the No2 spot and i expect Curtis to join him soon....When that happens we will have two of the most experienced guys who knows how to play the game the Swansea way that has served us well and we will be fine ending the season around 12-15th place and safety...

9. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

"the Swansea way"......what downwards ?

10. DragonPhilljack

I see you boys are flying high, do you think you can sustain it?

11. DaiJones

Top 6 is our aim and I think we will be in the mix, January and February will sort out the fair weather teams, I think Warnock will keep the points coming in through the cold weather.

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hello Phil - looks like you guys are having a rough time of it on the pitch and a lot down there don't like it one little bit.

As far as we are concerned, it's as DJ said, top 6 at least until the New Year is the aim and that should be achievable.

I haven't seen 6 teams better than us so far, though I can't imagine the likes of Derby, Sheff Wed and Norwich etc are going to roll over and give up just yet. We've already beaten Wolves, Sheffield Utd and Villa so far and there aren't many better than them in this division.

Every team will have injuries throughout the season and we've got our bloody share right now. It's how you sort things out until key players come back, and we've got an ace "sorter" in Warnock - yesterday was a perfect example.

I noted the influential Coutts at high flying Sheff Utd broke his leg on Friday - that will affect them and other teams will suffer similar losses before the season's out - long way to go. <ok>

13. DragonPhilljack

Warnock has experience of promoting teams, still early days but hope you keep it up, would make for interesting headlines at the end of the season if we swop places!!.............<laugh>

Oldsparkey likes this.
  14. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Swansea are going down. Probably will finish bottom. Poorly balanced squad with little pace , no width and the fans not up for a relegation fight.I think its a poor PL this season but I dont see 1 worse team let alone 3.
    We need to get through this injury hit period. Still in a smilar position in January and anything can happen.

15. ccfcremotesupport

As Sparky said, Colin showed why he's got so many teams promoted with his selections and game plan yesterday. A shrewd manager with trusted and competent lieutenants and while some of our players are limited in flair, they have the intelligence and ability to execute a gameplan. They all know their jobs and play for each other.

On the last point, I would prefer to renew the derbies, as long as its in the right division.

16. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Surely Palarse have that on Lockdown Hilts?

17. DaiJones

Agree with that remote.

18. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Palace with Zaha on top form id take to finish above Swansea.
    Plus their fans arent demonstrating just because they may go down. Palace fans as much as they are annoying stripey Nigels will back their side. The Sox fans are throwing their toys out of the pram big time.

19. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

phil your talking 2 the wrong person, I couldn't give a fk either way tbh <ok>.....what will be will be, its out of my hands.

but if I had the choice I`d prefer cannabis legalized if im honest <laugh>

20. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Slutsky gone from Hull, I wonder if they'll have a new manager before the 16th.