1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Here we go again.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

De Boer went at Palace a couple of weeks back, then Koeman at Everton, now Bilic at West Ham today - can Clement be far behind?

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Theyve had it.
    I cant see anyone doing any good with that group of players. For their sake theyd better have relegation clauses or relegation is the least of their worries.
    Fans fighting amongst themselves , fans disgracefully booing young players , toxic atmosphere. Just because they are losing.

3. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Clement still has credit in the bank after the miraculous job in the second half of last season. Bilic has looked like a dead man walking for some time. Fascinating summer of recruitment from the Swans - what portion of the blame lies on Clement would be interesting to know.

Also see on the Swans board that a potential replacement is Paulo Sousa <laugh>

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Haven't looked on the Swans board for a long time Sheepy, and haven't commented over there for years now.

Isn't it strange that we haven't had the usual influx of jacks across here lately taking the piss - or maybe not?..........<laugh><laugh>

5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

well I watched they jacks game Saturday and I gotta be honest it was two crap teams who looked no better than championship quality if truths are 2b told........and yes if i was a Swansea fan I`d be fighting with myself in anger and all <laugh>

anyways they did have a championship thread up sparkey.....a poke fun at Cardiff thread in other words but they only got 2 slag us for one week and its buried in the box of not 2 be seen material nowadays........shame its not sitting there along with the racist thread mind..........but between bony and dai the brains of Swansea it some how keeps going over old ground over and over and over again.

6. Blue Sheep

Although it's not exactly like we came out smelling of roses in the build up and following our relegation. Plenty of booing and discontent under Slade and Trollope. Suppose the difference is that whilst we have been mismanaged for a long time, the Swans were held up as the prime example of how to run a club. So when it goes wrong it looks a lot worse as they have much further to fall.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. aberdude

I agree football fans are like peas in pods.........didn't we try burning one of our own during the colour change days.

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Clement looked like he had no idea in the post match interview. Not sure if he had any help from the board re transfers but it can only be his last chance saloon.

As Sheep said " they have much further to fall".

9. aberdude

that's the thing dai, how much will it hurt them if and its just an if at the moment they get relegated..........ourselves we`ve been lucky with tans stance since backing down on the colour change, he`s keeping us ticking whilst he`s backed off from the club by keeping his mouth shut and not being the dictator he once thought he was.........im not so sure the yanks have got the same pride tbh so it could be a difficult few years for them coming up if they don't side step(dragons lair style) the trap door from opening up and swallowing em whole........

10. Blue Sheep

As an outsider looking in it appears that the Yanks are in for a quick buck - especially considering the players sold/amount invested in Swansea. Have to admit over the past couple of years I wouldn't have fancied playing them for fear of a slaughter but at the moment they look shot going forward. We had more creativity with Jones and Doyle up front under Slade <laugh>

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You need to look around them in the table to gauge their chance of staying up. Two of the three to go down will surely come from the current bottom 6.

I can't see Everton hanging around that zone for long and Pulis is too savvy to let Brom fold tamely without a fight. That leaves the hopeless (up till now) Palace, Swansea, West Ham and Bournemouth.

With Bilic going there could be a new manager "dead cat bounce" effect for the Hammers and Bournemouth have put a few decent results together recently and will always compete as long as Howe is there. Any new manager for the Swans would look for some guaranteed money to spend in January unless whoeveer it was was just desperate for a job.

Long way to go, but at the moment it looks like Palace and Swansea are hot favourites for the trap door - the others down there at the moment could get away with it. For an outside bet, Southampton haven't impressed me this season - they could still bomb and join them.

12. Blue Sheep

If your bored on a Sunday afternoon Sparks and need some light entertainment, the dissection of the previous days calamity always makes for an interesting read <ok> <laugh>

DragonPhilljack and Oldsparkey like this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm never that bored........<laugh><laugh>

DragonPhilljack and Blue Sheep like this.
  14. aberdude

I wouldn't mind an fa cuP game against them that's for sure ....<ok>

15. aberdude

16. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

I'd be inclined to put Clement in the 'dead man walking' category except that I am not sure that the Swans can afford another contractual pay-out. I also don't go with this idea that the Yanks are pulling cash out of the company. You need profits to pay dividends and there's little of that about down there. Alternatively, there could be director's loans but they would be repayable in a liquidation. The former owners are laughing all the way to the bank but the current owners will struggle to get their dosh back. £60 million invested so they need 6 mill. in divis every year to see a 10% return and then a dumb cluck to buy the club at the same valuation to get their original investment back.
    At least our benefactor is willing to stick by us and dob in a bob or two when needed.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  17. aberdude

they are making profits ffb they sell theyre best players and are about the only club in the prem that make a profit per season........that tells me the money made is going somewhere and its not going back into team strengthening so where is it.

18. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

It is a worrying business model. The swans have the highest percentage of total turnover made up of TV payments in the league. Small crowds and very little sponsorship.
    When the swans were on the up they were a lauding the board (two of which are currently suing the club) for their inverstment 'for the love of the club'. That turned sour when jenkins sold out for a huge profit. Im sure he'll reinvest his profits if they go down though. He loves the club so much.
    Worrying times down west.

19. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Aber..... those transfer profits shore up operating losses. They have to make a profit on transfers EVERY SEASON to cover their losses elsewhere. Trust me...I'm an accountant!!!

20. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Unlikely to make much of, if indeed any, profit in the current crop = misery!!!