1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab’s Message To The Fans: Protesting, Concessions and the Council

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cortez91, Nov 10, 2017.

1. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Looking at the time you posted this Dennis, while we were all tapping along to 'Son of a Preacher Man', you were posting on here? Admire your commitment to the cause!!

dennisboothstash likes this.
  2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder whether clubs haven't adopted this bright idea. Maybe because they realise that you eed young fans for the future? Something we will miss out on because they will have found other things to occuupy their weekend by the time they are earning money of their own to pay the same as anyone else.

askewshair likes this.
  3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

But significant enough to make the difference between it happening, and it not happening.

Which no one else was queuing up to do.

I see you're still hell bent on picking at stuff best left alone.

Whatever his other faults are, whatever else he's done to our club, this can not, and should not be criticised.

howdentiger likes this.
  4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Agreed.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

To be honest, I actually think the membership scheme was intended with good intentions, just the surrounding circumstances, timing and poor implementation doomed it to failure.

When you look around the majority of ticket sales are adults so a packed stadium would have seen them make a loss compared to ordinary pricing. But then the ease of processing might have made that back.

6. Amin Yapusi

You've got an impersonater

7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I’d go to the meeting, in order to call him out on it, but other than that I completely agree with you

8. dennisboothstash

Well said...

askewshair likes this.
  9. dennisboothstash

I think I was waiting for it to kick off actually, but I was indeed messaging from a cultural event

10. dennisboothstash

A protest at the Royal event would be right. It won't happen.

Evington and askewshair like this.

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Simply holding the meetings and getting attendance gives him the opportunity to use them to prop up his nonsense - just as he has in this statement.

12. askewshair

When you say the membership scheme, which part do you mean? The main aspects were;
    • paying monthly. slightly more convenient than previously over 8(?)months
    • able to cancel (albeit with two months notice). I never realised they just wanted to help us. As a business model, ridiculous!! I bet they'd love to do a u turn on this bit!
    • much cheaper for adults without kids. ok for anyone who doesn't have a conscience or is not looking at it short term.
    • Children and families priced out of attending. Eg 10 yr old kids paying £50 going up to over £400. the model is financially reliant on excluding kids, who are the future of the club.
    • Zonal scheme Possibly some merit in this?
    • OAP's priced out. Who have supported City for many years and suddenly they weren't worthy of a concession. His new proposal shows their stance hasn't changed

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  13. Fev

Fev Active Member

Fair point when and adult and child offset each other by going together in equal numbers but as I've said there is no concession in this case. The true concessions we have been crying out for should be applied across the board not only with an equal amount of adults to children. By making it cheaper for a bunch of young kids to go (as I did when I was a kid) or an adult to takes a group of kids; this helps build the future of the club and is what I have been against with the new scheme. By actually stating you can't do this - I feel it is nothing more than taking the proverbial. As I've said absolutely no-one saves so there is no concession to anyone at all - use the increased price (or return to previous price if you prefer) for adults to actually reduce the price for all concessions instead of pocketing it and you will make it better not worse.

balkan tiger likes this.
  14. dennisboothstash

You are spectacularly wrong
    I would be happy with my adult price going up to fund child prices going down...no question
    What this deliberately antagonistic piss take is, is child prices staying the same as adult prices, concessions staying the same as adult prices and adult prices going up to more expensive than adult prices

PS if anyone is discussing whether the cost of those tickets is fair or not is missing the point

15. dennisboothstash

Not if you say publicly exactly what you’re going to tell him beforehand ...and then tell him that
    But I accept it’s a fine line, and actually I can also completely see your point of view too

16. askewshair

You thought it might have kicked off at the Theatre, I was totally unprepared

17. Amin Yapusi

I didn't notice the one junior per adult, which does take the piss.

18. Amin Yapusi

As above so below.

Didn't notice it was one junior per adult which is a piss take, but other than that the prices are very similar to 15/16 which nobody moaned about, other than the general cost being too high after relegation.

The prices aren't the problem here but the policy is. I wonder if their hands are tied by committing to the membership scheme?

19. Amin Yapusi

All of it. I just don't think it was introduced as a method to antagonise but given everything else and the way they brought it in it just went down like a lead balloon.

20. askewshair

I think you're overestimating Ehab. His dad probably did have some balls. Ehab has never fronted anyone.Cant believe you think he'd actually go through with a meeting? He wont even face the media. He gives occasional staged interviews every few months. The meeting wont happen.
    Please please just let us enjoy watching how he squirms out of it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017