1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab’s Message To The Fans: Protesting, Concessions and the Council

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cortez91, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

A MESSAGE TO FANS

Matchdays

I was saddened to see the reaction of some fans at the Nottingham Forest game and the impact that this had on our players and the performance that followed. Unfortunately, these are lasting effects that play on the minds of players, not knowing what to expect next at each game.

I do feel this behaviour is totally unacceptable as it doesn’t change the position between some fans and the owners, it just disrupts the enjoyment of the game for neutral fans.

The players, Head Coach and his staff who have worked tirelessly during the week, need everyone’s support during these crucial 90+ minutes. There must therefore be a reaction from the Club to avoid such further incidents spilling out on to the pitch, especially considering the common ground that we share with these same fans – namely ALLAM OUT!

Until such time, we kindly request an amnesty from fans reacting during the match, this is a sign of support to the team, not the ownership! I am extending this request to all fan group leaders, whom we will engage with over the next week or so to seek a temporary resolution to these matters until our departure.

Concessions

Based on a positive recommendation from the aforementioned supporter consultation there will be an introduction of match ticket concession pricing based on the criteria agreed with the Premier League. The proposal is attached for supporter observation.

KCOM Stadium

SMC recognises its obligations under the lease with the Council and has every intention of complying with those obligations.

It is self-evident that Hull City Council would prefer the lease to have been written in different terms, but it wasn’t. That doesn’t justify Senior Councillors, who a significant proportion of the public regard as being the voice of Hull City Council, making statements which those Senior Councillors know, or at the very least should know, to be factually inaccurate. After all, these include the Leader of the Council and Lord Mayor at the time the stadium agreement was signed!

Intended or not, these false statements as to the Council’s rights have adversely influenced public opinion as regards to SMC and ourselves as owners and we believe this to be a breach of our Quiet Enjoyment under the terms of the lease. We have already written to the Council to address this matter directly with them.

To quote the Council, from Section 10.1 (page 5 of 8 of the Report and page 87 of 92 documents provided to the Riverside Area Committee) of a report dated 31st October 2017 submitted to the Riverside Area Committee, it is recorded that SMC has “not acted unlawfully or in breach of either the terms of its lease or planning consent by erecting the lockable gate”.

To safeguard against further misconception, SMC believes that it is in the best interests of the community that the headline lease and user agreements of the Stadium be made public. In this regard, the SMC has formally written to the other parties to the agreements (including the Council) to obtain their consent to make these documents public.

However, in keeping with our current disposition, I have invited an open dialogue with Emma Hardy MP who has been in direct correspondence over the gate issues. I am happy to extend the same invitation to both the Leader of the Council Stephen Brady and the Council’s CEO Matt Dukes.

Strangely, I find myself in agreement with Councillor Geraghty “we should all be pulling together, as one, for this city. We are trying to put this city on the map”. (quote from the Hull Daily Mail)

Ehab Allam
    Vice-Chairman

UTT

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news...a-message-to-the-fans-from-the-vice-chairman/

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

****ing hell.
    Concessions back.

3. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Mmm maybe the rumours that we are close to being sold are true.

4. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

bloody hell......that was actually a v good piece of communication! Concessions back is ****ing brilliant! Also a bit of humour acknowledging they want allam out too......stop frigging with the name and you know what, things could become a bit more normal.

And for those who bitched about protesting, ask yourself this, would we have seen this change without it??

5. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

If he said we are close to leaving then im sure the fans would stop protesting and chanting Allam Out at games.. but until then I cant see any "temporary" resolution...

Evington and Arnold_Lane_HCFC like this.
  6. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Love how on twitter, I've already seen adults complain that there ticket prices have gone up. What did they expect?

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Where the ****ting **** has that come from.

8. Chazz Rheinhold

Those concession prices are still pretty high!!

Who are the fan group leaders??

9. Quill

Quill Bastard

This was unexpected.

We don't even play tomorrow.

10. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Surely this means a lot of the concessions will now cancel their memberships and buy the cheaper option of match day tickets?

Either that or refund some members monthly payments?

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Ye they are still too high.
    You know what Ehab. There are 12 home games left.
    Make it £200 quid for adults.
    150 quid for oaps
    And 100 quid for kids.
    Fill the ****ing ground.

12. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

With everything at the minute, I'm not sure you'd fill the ground if it was a fiver a ticket. People are pissed off with it and fed up

13. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Have they forgot we play 23 league home games this season?

14. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Before you all start building your statue of the ****s, think on.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Err I mean from now. They quoted 12 home game s on the article. I think there's more tho.
    So offer the memberships for concessions at discounted rates.

16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I wonder what caused this...

17. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Who has he been consulting with? Whoever it is has kept a pretty tight lid on things.

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He's just saying that they will be consulting isn't he?

19. mplooney

mplooney Well-Known Member

The bit to concentrate on this is "introduction of match ticket concession pricing based on the criteria agreed with the Premier League." I n reality that's just a tiny number of concessions extra - he is doing virtually nothing! Keep the pressure up - they don't like it up em!

20. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

Best piece that's ever come from him, can't really argue with anything he's said at all, let's hope the council etc grant permission on their part

Concessions back is a great thing,