1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dear Mr. Fernandes

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by finglasqpr, May 19, 2015.

1. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Re: 5 memberships (names and numbers supplied).

I write to advise that all 5 memberships listed above will not be renewed next season. Myself and my family have supported this club all of our lives. I have travelled to a total of 18 league games this season as well as 2 pre-season friendlies in Ireland and 1 in Germany. I have spent an absolute fortune supporting this club but I have reluctantly decided to walk away in protest of your running of the club and your appointment of Chris Ramsey as Head Coach. You are accepting and rewarding the job he has done to date which is totally unacceptable to me and sends the wrong message throughout the club.

It will break my heart to walk away from something that is so special to me but I see no other option as long as you continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. Regards......

This is the letter which I am posting direct to TF this evening.

BlindFaith and Peter Damage like this.
  2. Pils-the-hoop

Pils-the-hoop Active Member

Whenever I feel passionate about something I write it down and then leave it alone for at least 24hours.

Once it's out of my system and i revisit it 24 hours later i often dont feel the same way.

I would respectfully suggest you do the same here as you may end up missing out on an exciting time at Rangers next season.

If you still feel the same way tommorrow by all means send it.

3. RBLOCKPAT

RBLOCKPAT Member

Did you write a letter to Chris Wright when he totally screwed up this club? I think it could well be an exciting phase coming up for QPR to see our youngsters come through and sign a few hungry league players. Stick around for the ride I have for 56 years and will till I die Tony has made innocent mistakes and been influenced by hoodwinkers give him a chance and support your club no matter what the majority of our crowd are loyal supporters so stay loyal as a family you know it's worth it!!!

daverangers and Shawswood like this.
  4. kingdom hoop

kingdom hoop Active Member

Have a rethink Eamonn. I know how passionate you are and how much you love QPR. Take a while and think it over. Give the new season a chance to develop and see where it takes us. No matter what you think of CR and TF you dont really know how this will pan out. It could be the start of a great era or another disaster, but we really dont know. I for one cant wait for the new season and this one isent even over.

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I'd rip that up Mate. If you have some positive ideas about how he should run the Club going forward, send him them.

6. Lincoln Hoops

Lincoln Hoops Member

When you support a club and really support them you take the rough with the smooth. I have been doing it for 52 years and will never stop. It is part of my life. Make it yours.

7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Much wisdom in replies there is. ( With apologies to Yoda).

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Lot of patronising stuff to Finglas on here. He is one of the most dedicated supporters I have ever met. He clearly thinks Fernandes has taken a disastrous decision and is voicing his displeasure. It makes him a better supporter than the 'turn up no matter what/grin and bear it/mustn't grumble' brigade in my book, he wants what is best for the club. Blind loyalty is a much overrated virtue.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  9. micnorwil

micnorwil Member

Just out of curiousity finglas, who would you have liked to see as the new manager?

10. SussexR

SussexR Well-Known Member

I hope that we don't lose any supporters. No matter whether CR is the right or wrong choice, the owners have decided and ultimately it's their call, and the team will need us all next season.

Is CR really that bad a choice? I guess time will tell. One things for sure though, at least he's not that lying toe rag Redcrap.

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Great post

aqualung and Pils-the-hoop like this.
  12. GoldhawkRoad

There's no question Finglas is and has been a highly dedicated supporter, and I understand his frustration that a temporary manager with such a poor points record having taking over our team, is given a three year contract.

The problem is that, while Ramsey has hardly shown himself to be a technical genius, I'd place 90% of the blame for recent poor performances on the players. For me, the jury's out on Ramsey, and given our unenvious FFP position, he's the best of a not-great position. I'll sit and watch for a while before I make a decision whether to write my own letter of complaint to Tony Fernandes...

13. finglasqpr

If that's the case, why didn't TF advertise the position and interview suitable candidates?

14. GoldhawkRoad

We don't know that he didn't interview others (he wouldn't need to advertise) but I suspect you're right and he didn't. Part of the problem may be that prospective managers of merit out there may not want to work with a Director of Football. Warburton didn't. I presume TF is viewing Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey as a good combination that will work well together. If they do, that could be a strength, alternatively they could both fall on their faces. It's too early to tell

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The details and whether Finglas' opinion of Ramsey is right or wrong is not what I was getting at. It's the attitude of others that taking the action he has is somehow not what a 'real' supporter would do. Given the amount of time and cash he spends on watching QPR this must be a considerable sacrifice for Finglas, and he deserves respect for it.

He's as mad a s a box of frogs of course, but that's another topic.

Personally I'm agnostic on this. Ramsey seems a personable bloke and well qualified. I haven't got any other realistic candidates in my mind. We'll see, but things will only get seriously better when the whole club is moving in the same direction with some kind of realistic strategy. Noises are good, but I'm more concerned about Ferdinand's competence and Fernandes' ability to resist glittery shiny things than anything else.

NorwayRanger and rangercol like this.
  16. GoldhawkRoad

I know how loyal Finglas has been to the club and he gets full respect from me. If he's as mad as a box of frogs, he's in good company here...

Agree with the sentiment in your third para. Same direction - consistency - stability - realistic strategy, are all relevant

17. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

I know your passionate about the club fin but Christ get over it, not everyone agreed with Ramsey as manager including myself, but it's time to move on & I'm looking forward to new season & fresh start, new lot of players coming in hopefully & deadwood gone, Chris has the backing of the club & mine to now.

18. finglasqpr

Don't worry about it Jeff, I am over it already. I have great plans for my future post QPR.

Good luck lads. Out of here for good. The new chapter starts now.

19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I fully respect your decision Eamon. You are the most loyal, committed Rangers fan that I have ever met. I know this would have been a tough call for you.
    I'll never forget us hugging each other and going mental when BZ hit THAT goal!
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll be back to Loftus Road (or wherever!!) at some point in the future.

20. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Don't be too hasty Finglas.
    We have had many duff Managers, duff players and more than our fair share of duff board members. But the one constant is us, the fans, therefore from one fan to another I ask you to reconsider.
    Also, how could you throw pints of beer at other fans if you're not there?