1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Would be not unreasonable to send China the bill when this is all over...

jeffranger and ELLERS like this.
  2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I don’t buy into the theory that he is looking out for insurers. Laughable mate.

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

How do you explain it then? It’s a bizarre middle ground which leaves a lot of people absolutely ****ed and helps very few.

4. Sooperhoop

I think it is best to wait for Sunak's statement this afternoon, it may be the insurance industry would have been unable to meet the cost by a distance and the package that will be unveiled today will address this, I can't imagine this hasn't been factored into the plan...

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said that no one could have prepared for this. It’s not Boris or the Tories fault Mate. It’s not some sinister plan by Farage and JRM to move money around. It’s just a bloody virus caused by dirt Chinese hygiene. We know exactly how many beds we have and Drs. We know from previous statistics how many people needed hospitalisation and for what reason. Now we just need to add o the Coronavirus which is changing daily.
    Example I am told how great the French health service is. I have used it and it is pretty good. Today they are saying that they are not coping well in the east of France and at full capacity. Should we knock them like the Tories?

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

The same middle ground that Macron said to his people only last week. Just listening to some French guy who said the same. Only the French didn’t listen and continued as normal so he closed things down yesterday. We will do the same and I hear people will be getting some ‘ universal’ pay. Everyone gets a basic wage until we are back to normal.
    Although agree it was a stupid comment by Boris but then only 30 mins before he was told 250k could die. He is only human.

7. Bwood_Ranger

Not really the same at all. Everyone accepts that everyone is ****ed to some extent. They can only be blamed if their decisions leave us more ****ed than we had to be. Stats suggest we will be. I sincerely hope we won’t be.

8. Sooperhoop

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Just getting back to my first point. If you watched the WHO brief you would have heard them say ‘no country could have prepared for this’. That is my point. People can take swipes at Boris and the Tories however they are not the cause of this. As we speak France are using the army and medical tents....

10. Bwood_Ranger

Nobody is saying they could or should have prepared for this. They’re saying that continuously cutting corners for a decade exacerbates this.

Willhoops likes this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Mate read my previous post.... Has France Italy or Germany cut corners?
    It’s no time to keep knocking the government.
    If you want to talk about preparation....
    swine flu 2009
    SARS 2002/3
    Who was in power?

12. Bwood_Ranger

I don’t recall those having a minute share of the impact this has and will have.

I’ve no idea if France, Italy or Germany have. The stats suggest not as much as we have as far as I can see but I’m more concerned about whether we have.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

People can’t understand why Labour lost the election.....
    In the House now, the Foreign Secretary is discussing the Virus and Emily Thorneberry wasted all her questions on moaning about Donald Trump. <doh>
    How anyone with half a brain cell ever voted for that bunch of muppets is a mystery.

14. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Is it correct, as I’m hearing on the ER message boards, that the Mayor of London has publicly told people to call 999 for advice about Coronavirus ?
    Surely he ain’t that stupid. If so FFS, we ain’t ever gonna be able to cope now.

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

? sorry I’m now confused Watford, I was on the understanding that Covid 19 is another strain of the same family. According to the virus codes they all start with the same number.
    So if that is the case why didn’t Labour prepare for this?

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I don’t see how he could as he was interviewed on the news earlier and spent the whole interview trying to score political points. He even got invited into COBRA and talked about meeting. <doh>

17. Bwood_Ranger

Not sure why you’re getting defensive over this. I’ve said multiple times this is unprecedented. The one thing under the government of the day’s control in terms of any sort of preparation there’s no comparison between recent Labour government and our current government.

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Not getting defensive mate just trying to understand one of your points.
    You talk of a decade of cuts but don’t mention that 2 virus with the same codes were on Labours watch. You would have thought that Blair would have put more money into that area rather than wars?
    We then come back to the same old argument that cuts were needed after Labour spending?
    I’m not blaming anyone. I actually agree with you that this is unprecedented and people ( even Boris) need to think quickly.

19. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

What they are concerned about is a huge spike in NHS referrals. If they shut down everything now, while cases are relatively few, in 4 weeks or so time when the virus is at its worst, people will be ignoring the original instructions because they're bored with being at home etc and will be out and about and be hit by a huge wall of the virus. This is why they are drip feeding the mandatory restrictive instructions. So they avoid a spike. It's based 100% on scientific advice

This is quite helpful

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-doctor-bottle-covid-19-17927492

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    rangercol likes this.
  20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

That is also thought behind the ‘herd’ in that they don’t want the NHS to get hit by numbers that they can’t handle.

on another note in Italy they are using 10,000 training Drs to help out I think this is a fab idea and would be a baptism of fire.