1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours City Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 16, 2018.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Yardley Tiger

Yardley Tiger Active Member

Thanks for all the kind suggestions and thoughts. In 1993 living in the USA in a time when no information about UK football was published but on holiday here with my family I went to The BP ticket office as we were playing Peter Shilton's Plymouth Argyle. I asked for three tickets for myself a supporter since Raich Carter days but hadn't seen them since I left the UK, my wife and young son. The lady came back with three free tickets for the director's box and said enjoy. ( City drew 2 - 2 and a young Deano scored). That rekindled my enthusiasm and I subsequently bought a season ticket knowing full well I would only get to two or three games a season but it would help the club. I recently cancelled it when the club stopped concession prices and was told you can always go and sit in the corner in the cheaper seats. How times change! I still go to watch the team when I can because they need all the support we can give them.

3. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

You are open about it and you have recognised it. I suspect these are two of the most crucial things in managing it!
    I have really bad insomnia, my fitbit tracker tells me I am getting less than a couple of hour a night. Generally I seem able to function. I do have a very stressful job which can be 24/7 and as I get older, sometimes struggle to switch off. A couple of years ago, was going through a difficult time at work, so not sleeping, I was awake in the early hours, going over work stuff and then panicking about whether I'd function the next day. I had chest palpitations. It was really scary, went to Docs and he diagnosed an anxiety attack. I was off work for 5/6 weeks. I did learn quite a lot from that episode. In hindsight, it had been creeping up for a while, everyone else at work was going through a really tough time, I was supporting them and showing how well I was coping. For me, the key was not getting any sleep. I am a bit of a weekend binge drinker anyway, don't tend to drink on a school night. The volume definitely increases when I feel stressed, I think just to get a decent night's sleep. Come Monday morning I think that just added to the anxiety.
    Work suggested a MIndfulness course. I was cynical, but had to show willing, and was prepared to try anything. The first half hour, we spent studying a ****ing raisin. When I say studying, I mean staring at it, smelling it, feeling the texture, tasting it, etc. But I stuck it the course out for 7 weeks.
    I tell you what, I really would recommend it. I do often still use the meditation techniques. It helps unscramble the brain. It enables me to recognise when things are creeping up.
    Recently, work has again become ridiculously challenging. I recognised quite quickly that I was in the cycle of not sleeping and then starting to panic about work, so then was struggling to function when most needed. I knew the key was getting a good night's sleep. I have tried everything, but still couldn't get a good night's sleep. I was becoming more and more exhausted. Something I've always avoided was sleeping tablets, but the beginning of this week, I conceded. The transformation was immediate. I have had three night of sleeping like a baby and feel able to take on the world at work! Possibly still early doors and I don't like the idea as a medium to long term solution but to get through this crisis, and prevent anxiety taking hold. I'm not sure I would have recognised things creeping up without the meditation.
    I am also quite open about it, I certainly wouldn't have been sharing emotional health issues on a football forum a couple of years ago.. especially on a 'Transfer Rumours' thread.. are the emotional health posts worthy of a separate thread...mods?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Norwood on his way to Sheffield United (@reluctantnicko)

5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Was our view to a permanent £300k transfer not enough then?

6. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

7. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Been there Askew. Superb post.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. TigerJools

TigerJools Active Member

I think you are correct in that thought. Under 2s not allowed in.

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Babies/toddlers under the age of 2 years old will not be admitted to the stadium as they are not deemed able to occupy a seat which compromises the stadium’s safety certificate.

Unaccompanied children/young People under the age of 14 years will not be admitted into the KCOM Stadium

Children/Young People under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult who is 18 years old or over.

Children/Young People under the age of 14 years remain the responsibility of their parent/carer/responsible adult at all times whilst at the Stadium.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

A fourth attempt at signing Norwood has failed and he’s going to Sheffield United.

11. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

We are living in some kind of sick joke parallel world when it comes to the Allams.

12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Ehab knows he's going to have the club wound up so is doing his best to divert new young supporters elsewhere.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

He was going to Birmingham after our second attempt to sign him failed and Leeds after our third attempt at signing him failed.

howdentiger and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  14. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Going to Sheffield Utd according to Sky 2 million. loan till January then a 2.5 year deal.

Why don't keyboards have a half key?

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

16. Stan City Rocker

Stan City Rocker Active Member

And Adkins reckoned we weren’t too far apart. Must have been the ball of string and the bag of marbles we couldn’t muster up.

17. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

They do, but I forget how to do it ½ the time.

18. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Presumably because it's not 1967. ½ of the people wouldn't be able to find it, anyway.

19. Yardley Tiger

Yardley Tiger Active Member

Thank you OLM for clearing that up. Interestingly enough, the "Office" never mentioned the fact that a 1 year old wasn't allowed in the stadium although I specifically said their ages were 1 and 3. Anyway enough of this OT stuff must concentrate on the transfer news. Oh wait a minute!

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  20. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

Pathetic isnt it.. We've hardly spent any money, had bids on the table all over the place which materialised into **** all... then there's 1 last chance at bringing in one of Adkins targets and Ehab ****s it up.

<applause>