1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City transfer thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 28, 2015.

1. Hutch_Tiger

Hutch_Tiger Well-Known Member

I think wilson on loan is a little unrealistic, hes tasted first team action for united this season i think theyd prefer if he was to go out on loan to a premiership club.

A more realistic united striker on loan would be will keane who was highly rated at one point but suffered a bad injury, spent last season on loan at sheff weds playing 11 scoring 3 big lad at 6ft 2 has ability

2. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I'd rather keep Ince and sell Brady for anywhere near £5m. We need an injection of pace down the left and Brady's crossing from deep instead of hitting the byline is part of the issue.

3. Hutch_Tiger

Hutch_Tiger Well-Known Member

Introducing... Ashley Fletcher
    Ashley Fletcher is determined to impress at Under-21 level for Manchester United after topping the Under-18s' goalscoring chart last term...
    please log in to view this image

When did you first join United?
    Well, I was originally involved with the satellite training centres when I was five years old and then later I started training at The Cliff. Unfortunately, the club didn't sign me at the age of nine so I went to Bolton Wanderers, my hometown team, instead. I was born in Yorkshire but moved to Bolton when I was three. United signed me when I was in the Under-12s.

Which players did you come through the ranks with?
    I’ve been with James Wilson and Josh Harrop since the early days. I had a really good partnership with Willo and obviously look up to him now he’s in the first team. We had a very good season together in the Academy last year.

How would you describe your playing style?
    Well, I’m tall and a target man in a way but I like to think I can go in behind as well and stretch the play. Obviously, I can collect balls in behind and get one-on-one with the goalkeeper but I can hold it up as well. A lot of my goals come in the six-yard box. They’re the type I score - the poacher’s goals.

Have you always been a regular goalscorer through all the age groups?
    Yes, from an early age, I’ve always scored goals in each season I’ve played in. I’ve never had to worry about that really as I’ve always known the goals will come. This year, it’s obviously been harder to get game time because of the quality players we have in the Under-21s. Will Keane was playing before his loan and Willo has come down sometimes. Hopefully, I can get some games during the next period.

We hear you've been scoring goals in 'behind-closed-doors' friendlies...
    Yes, we’ve had a few friendlies and I’ve scored goals against Bury, Cardiff City and a few other teams. I’ve scored against our first team as well, in the in-house games. I scored with my first touch in one of those!

You've had some injury problems to overcome. How are you now?
    I had a collapsed lung the year before in the summer and I had a knee injury at the end of last season and had to work hard to regain my fitness and get back on track. I’m feeling fitter and stronger now. I’m raring to go really. I’ve got on as sub a few times and hopefully I can score some goals and impress Warren. Obviously, I dream about making it. Hopefully, I can make it a reality.

Are you benefiting from the amount of effort you put into training?
    Exactly, training is very intense and, in some ways, is even better than a game for improving your fitness levels and skills by training with players of a high quality. It has brought me on as a player this season. Obviously, the transition from the Under-18s to the Under-21s means I'm competing with older players for a place so it’s about being patient, like I've had to be in the first half of the season, biding my time - and then doing the business when I get the chance.

Are there any players you can look up to for inspiration?

Yes, I look up to James Wilson and obviously Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett too, and Danny Welbeck when he was here. They show it’s not a million miles away as they have come through the ranks and progressed. I see them as role models, to be honest, and hope I can get there too. It does tend to happen quickly. Look at Paddy - he was thrown in at the deep end in a way this season and handled it fantastically well.

Have you had to adapt your game after making the step up?

Yes, and [Under-18s coach] Paul McGuinness has been great for my career as he brought me on a lot last year. He told me I needed to be strong and needed to have that belief inside me. He taught me I have got to go and be strong, physical and aggressive in my play and that’s the main thing I didn’t have. I’ve put that into my game now and I know it’s something I can still improve on.

Warren has said something similar about Will Keane in the past - is it difficult to be pleasant off the field but more aggressive on it?

Yes, Will and I are very similar apparently. When you’re on the pitch, you’re playing for the team and it's alright being a nice lad off the pitch but you must try to be a different animal on it as well. If you want to play at the top level, you must get that aggression into your game and it’s what my Mum and Dad have said to me, as well as the coaches. I know I am getting there. I just want to cement a place in the team, score a few goals and catch Warren Joyce’s eye.

4. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Didn't you say the same about Kane?

5. Quill

Quill Bastard

Beat me to it.

Pretty much.

6. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

Probably didn't get on with management at Lesta....I'd take the gamble on any of the Man U youngsters mentioned, 2 if possible.

7. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

No probe. Many on here wont know that.

Ince can be a key player for us in the championship and helping us get back up. To replace him now would cost more than we would get anyway.

8. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

loaning a striker from a 'top' club will help the cause, but if we are dependant upon any 18 old to score the goals to get us back up, then forget it, it won't happen. We need a proven scorer from the UK. Get Daryl Murphy in from Ipswich if poss would be my preference. Brucey has shown striker wise he doesn't have a great track record, so its not an area were we should be experimenting or developing players for other clubs week and week out.

9. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes I did. As did any other Leicester fan or anyone who had seen him play for us.

He didn't want to be there, and he didn't look good enough. He still doesn't look good enough, but you can't knock his goal tally.

10. Quill

Quill Bastard

Tickles with the breaking news as always....

11. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

He has the Sheldon Cooper awareness of sarcasm too ;)

Quill likes this.
  12. Quill

Quill Bastard

That's an insult to Dr. Cooper.

Cortez91 likes this.
  13. The FRENCH TICKLER

In your case yes. Do you know we are no longer in the PL ?

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

Serves the deluded on here well.

Anything better is wasted on many here.

15. The FRENCH TICKLER

YOU don't even know who he is.

16. Quill

Quill Bastard

What, Sheldon Cooper from the TV show The Big Bang Theory, a show I watch quite a bit of at Uni?

tigerincanada likes this.
  17. Quill

Quill Bastard

Really? I never knew that.

****ing imbecile you are.

18. Mr Hatem

c'mon kiddies play nice

Quill likes this.
  19. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

what about that other striker at MU who doesn't play much..Falcon or summat...he should come cheap

20. Mr Hatem

Gone back to his nest in Monaco.