1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Child snatchers

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...and-demanded-exits-stadium-light-9772003/amp/

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ecord-breaking-fulham-teenager-harvey-elliott

https://www.skysports.com/football/...verge-of-morgan-rogers-signing-from-west-brom

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....93324/man-city-morten-spencer-sunderland/amp/

Here's 4 examples of why my love and passion for Football dwindles from year to year.

What chance to smaller clubs have, when the bigger clubs come and snatch young talent away from under their noses after years of nourishing and developing them before the player even has chance to break into the first team and repay them in some way.

The future of football is looking pretty bleak now and the divide between the Prem and the leagues below is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger.
    Money and greed will eventually ruin the game for everyone.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    COYCS, robinoz, samwise_new and 13 others like this.
  2. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more Tees, money and greed are destroying the game, I blame Sky Television and it's a case of the divide between the haves and the have nots is greater now than ever before.
    Although I'm looking forward to the new season I no longer get excited that it's coming.
    Don't know what the answer is but the longer we remain in this league the more difficult it's going to be to claw our way back to the Premiership, and even when we do say in the next two to three years then at present I'm not really bothered about us actually getting there.

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I love going to the games with my son, meeting up with lads I've know 30/40 years, standing on the terraces with thousands of decent people ...

... but the game is ****ed and we all know it deep down.

COYCS, DH4, robinoz and 10 others like this.
  4. Teessidemackem

I dont really have much of an issue if the players are allowed to develop into adults and be a part of the first team for a season or 2 like Pickford and Henderson did, before the big fish come in.

Lads are getting snatched now when they are still bairns for peanuts. The big clubs are becoming even bigger and richer and the teams below are being left to rot and pick up the piece's.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  5. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Stopped worrying about the football a long time ago and i will worry even less if we ever do get back to the premiership.

6. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

One of my (rare) joys is watching some local lad who has come up through the system make his First Team debut.

Then watch as he gradually breaks through into being a regular.

It's a rare thing but great when it happens. (Remember when a very young Barry Venison scored his first goal for us. He ran all over the field swinging his arm round like a propeller. Anyone who tried to get close would have been killed.:emoticon-0102-bigsm)

I MAY see such sights again!
    Hope costs nowt.

7. Teessidemackem

8. Teessidemackem

ARSENAL are set to beat Manchester United in the race for the signature of Sunderland teenager Logan Pye. The Gunners look poised to pounce in the next transfer window when the versatile Pye, 15, will be old enough to join them. He has been earmarked for a move to United for some time and the club thought about a bid this summer. But the Gunners have now stepped in for the teen, who can play at centre-half or full-back. Pye turns 16 in October and has appeared for England's Under-16s team.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I remember when Italian football was massive - everyone wanted to play there - it was all over the TV and great to watch.

Loads of investment came (relatively speaking) and the games became (much like a lot in the premier are now) "Let's make sure we don't lose" rather than "Let's go and win every game" - the money was removed as the figures dwindled and now you have very few able to compete properly. That is exactly how it's going over here.

The Financial fair play rules which kicked in after City and Chelsea bought their premier league titles has put paid to any possibility of another team doing the same. Be interesting to see what happens with our owners if/when we do get back up there!

10. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I now know quite a few people who prefer the likes of South Shields or Spennymore to big league stuff. They love football but hate the hype etc of Premier League

Which is not forgetting non league players often get a bit of wedge to add to their working salary... money rules all of football

11. Roker choker

Roker choker Active Member

Totally agree, as a hypocrite I do have sky and think with sports like cricket and rugby league they have done a great job of promoting them and the coverage they now get is excellent but with football the gap the sky money has created between the haves and have nots lower down the league pyramid is far too big and the Bury scenario will keep happening where good historic clubs disappear and are soon forgotten about so that sky can dedicate a 2hr programme with 6 panellists to debate wether Tottenham should play 3 at the back in some champions league game

farnboromackem likes this.
  12. Teessidemackem

@GraemeBailey@Skysports Understand that Sunderland starlet Logan Pye is heading to Manchester United...

No idea who he is like, i just wanted an excuse to write that thread title.

As you were.

13. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Are you sure this isn't a load of pye in the sky mate? never heard of him either...

Teessidemackem likes this.
  14. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I think his younger brother Balti is better

15. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

One of our most promising youth players supposedly. Unfortunately, there's not a thing we can do about it.

16. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

England youth player who has been attracting all the big clubs...,
    Good luck to the lad, our set up is a joke nowadays

17. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Suppose that's going to happen when the academy teams are getting humped every week and the big boys come calling.

18. Teessidemackem

19. Teessidemackem

20. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Because Mumba was quite big and strong for a child, maybe he's the same age but he might be (like most kids) half the size of 20 year olds never mind men who are 27/29.