1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bulut and the future

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Jun 3, 2023.

1. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Hell's teeth!
    What the hell is going on at the club?.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saw that as it happened Brizzo - surprised me a lot.

Dalman certainly pulled no punches as to how we got ourselves this deep in the mire - wonder if Tan will appreciate that.

BrizzleBluebird and clingo like this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I think his style is direct with a high level pressing game. Needs everyone to buy in with very good fitness levels. Looks like he uses a big guy up front as a focal point but with a formation that adapts to what is needed. Its not going to be tippy tippy but not hit and hope either. Its how Nathan Jones set up Luton and they have done well.

Not a great comparison and something we can only aspire to, and not expect to replicate, but compare Man City before Haaland to Man City now. They can adapt to whatever style/formation is needed.

BrizzleBluebird likes this.
  4. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

I can only assume he's getting his excuses in early now if Erol doesn't work out... "yes I'm excited by this, but don't forget boys and girls, Ken & I are only following orders, we're not paid to think too much"???

Not that I want to make direct comparisons but he's sounding a little like an army officer at a war tribunal.... "nothing to do with me guv, I was just following orders and had no choice/say in the matter"!!

clingo likes this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dalman also said of Tan that he's really enthusiastic about football and, to chuckles and sniggers, said sometimes he thinks he understands it as well.<whistle><whistle>

Taxi for Mehmet.......<laugh><laugh>

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Dalman asking Choo how many season tickets there are & Choo sort of suggesting it’s 60% of the stadium capacity and then they both come up with a figure which Dalman says they’ll get as they’ve got some exciting announcements to make.

It was like watching the Chuckle Brothers with a bemused new manager in between<doh>

clingo likes this.
  7. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

A monkey could understand football, you have to score to win and stop the other side scoring, on the other hand a monkey would never get us two automatic promotions. Tan wants another promotion and he knows we have to win games to get that so he don`t need to know more than that because hes done it twice already.

8. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Yes. We must kick the ball hard towards the other team's goal. Simple.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

ANOTHER 8-10 players.<yikes>

Besides the manager merry go round we also have a player ferris wheel.

Bulut on a 1 year contract (so it won't be that expensive to bin him off), so if he doesnt meet his targets, we'll need another 8-10 players to head in the direction our next manager wants to head.

When will we get a strategic direction in place and recruit to that whoever the manager is.:steam:

10. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Yep. We've said it time and time again that the club needs a progressive philosophy that is applied throughout the club.

11. BluefromBridgend

Well, there have to be 8 to 10 leaving, either out of contract or end of loan plus the dross we took on last year or the year before, Watters, Ojo, Campbell, Simpson etc.

If we don't replace we are left with a very thin squad plus inexperienced youngsters.

I get what you saying about an ongoing philosophy and clearly with 4 managerial changes and the fire fighting we had recently we don't have that.

Bulut needs to bring in players of a recognised quality and ability to fit his tactics. To expect anything else is being naive.

At this stage who is to say that what he wants to do is not the start of a suitable strategy. No one of knows that at this point in time. With the endorsements given in his favour he must be given time to build.

I think if you look at other clubs most are experiencing playing staff changes of a similar level if not more. That doesn't make it right but it is what it is.

We have all had our say but we are not going to change anything. The club have acted quickly and brought in someone with different experiences and hopefully skills to what we have had before. He may not be everyone's choice (I wanted Nathan Jones for instance) but he is now the man in the chair so let's give him the time and space and support to show what he can do. Ideally sending us rocketing up the division.

Goodnight fellow Bluebirds!!!

12. BluefromBridgend

13. ccfcremotesupport

Just took the time to go through the interviews of Bulut, then Bulut and the board. Bulut obviously missed some of the nuances of the questions, but put that down to the language. He came across pretty well.
    However, the latter made interesting, if somewhat disturbing listening. Not sure what is going on in Dalman's head, or if there genuinely is tension between Tan and the Board.
    He talked about upward management, which goes on at all levels and all businesses. He indicated that Warnock was good at that with Tan and others struggled.
    Surely Dalman and Choo are the buffers between managers and Tan. If not, they aren't doing their jobs.
    The manager should focus down and in, the board up and out.
    The further into the detail you go, the more it is the manager's domain. The further into the strategy you go, the less the manager is involved, and more the board.
    It sounds as if Warnock stepped around the board to manage Tan.
    The board shouldn't let the managers struggle with Tan. If they have, they are culpable and have left the manager down.

Sounds as if Dalman should step aside if his heart isn't in it.

DoF anyone?

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  14. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

It’s commonly understood Warnock did go straight to VT and seemingly got his way.

As for Dalman I find him enigmatic.

15. BluefromBridgend

Good word Ninian, with a variety of interpretations.

BrizzleBluebird likes this.
  16. robbiethemole

robbiethemole Well-Known Member

Good evening chaps. just a heads up............................ the annual sojourn into the Principality will commence one week from today, on Sunday 19th.
    First stop is Shrewsbury ( I know, it's only on the boarder ) followed by a mooch down to New Quay. We are staying two nights celebrating a cousin's 70 th birthday,
    then heading downcountry to Begelly/ Kilgetty.
    A one night stopover meeting up with friends in Amroth, and finally heading for home later on Thursday ( I've got a bowls match at 6.15 )
    I know we're not within shouting distance of anyone here, as a meet up would be great, and I'm definitely keeping clear of Llandaff!!! sorry Maskey no offence

clingo and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  17. ccfcremotesupport

Spent a lot of time in New Quay during the 90s / early 2000s. In-laws had a static caravan there.
    Nice part of the world.
    Early mornings on the quay watching dolphins a fond memory.

clingo likes this.
  18. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

They're letting you in to god's country!?
    Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire are idyllic.
    Look out for spectacular sunsets and dolphins at New Quay.

robbiethemole likes this.
  19. BluefromBridgend

Have a great trip Robbie.

We're off to sunny Poole on Thursday for 10 days. Son in law's brother and wife taking a break there on their European tour from Oz.

All going to The Pig on the Beach at Studland for Father's Day lunch. Will need a new mortgage for that. <yikes>

robbiethemole and clingo like this.
  20. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

And now for a look at the weather!