1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bring back Roy Keane

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by gav81, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They're both pikey tossers. But one of them is a pikey tosser with a bag full of PL winners medals <ok>

2. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Roy Keane tells Liverpool they've 'beaten nobody yet'

"Their attacking players enjoyed it but the big tests are yet to come for Liverpool, clearly they've beaten these so called lesser teams, but they've beaten nobody yet,"

"It's lovely to watch but they wouldn't get that time and space against a decent team, it's as simple as that."

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Gerrard's a ****ing Scouser. I'm proof that you don't need Oirish ancestry to be one. We do have a proddy cathedral as well, you know <laugh>

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The RS are deluded tossers. They are now celebrating the so called best premiership striker in the Egyptian retard <laugh> Never mind they'll unlikely be title winners by the end of the decade. Despite all the irritation with United s tribulations post Ferguson the silver lining has been watching the RS fans being taken in by Kloppyflop and his messiah pronouncements. Will they win this season? Maybe next? Kloppyflop' s nonsensical subs and selections indicate they'll never win the title with him. Their less sycophantic and braver fans can see that.

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yet you are so close to wining it yourself. Parked the bus at home and hoped for a bit of luck. <whistle>

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

As much as he was sticking the boot in, he does have a point we've done well to beat what's in front of us but we have had what would be seen as an easy run of fixtures. Hopefully it'll build confidence though and we'll keep winning.

7. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Lee Dixon reveals what punditry with Manchester United legend Roy Keane is really like

“He is an absolute football fanatic. He knows absolutely everything about every team.

“He comes in and says, ‘did you see Colchester’s full-back yesterday?’

"He watches football all the time, he knows all the scores and he is very, very keen on knowing everything about football that he can.

“He is brilliant to work with."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lee-dixon-reveals-what-punditry-11735761

I reckon Keano might have had United better prepared for Bristol!

8. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Recent news article...

Roy Keane continued to have an influence on Manchester United many years after leaving, claims Wes Brown

“Keano set such high standards at the club that he influenced Manchester United long after he’d left,”

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2017/12...-years-after-leaving-claims-wes-brown-192766/

Others have said it too...

“He was our captain, he was our leader and he left a mark: where we are now is down to him, our dedication comes from the standards he set. The rules about time-keeping, about getting in a half-hour early, they were his instructions back in the day and those traditions continue.”

~Darren Fletcher (four years after Keane's departure)

luvgonzo likes this.
  9. gav81

gav81 Active Member

10. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I can't take this suspense. Martin O'Neil has been strongly linked to the Stoke job after Mark Hughes' sacking. If that happens it puts Keano's position as Ireland assistant manager in question. It's likely he would either take over the national team or follow O'Neil to Stoke. Hopefully it will be settled by the weekend.

The added twist is that United have Stoke next up!

luvgonzo likes this.

11. gav81

gav81 Active Member

After a weekend where Flores was all but confirmed as Stoke manager before he turned down the offer, O'Neill is now the odds on favourite. If I had to put money on it I'd say Stoke could confirm O'Neill on Tuesday after the United game. Though it looks likely, I'm still not completely convinced Keane will follow O'Neill after reports that the FAI could offer him the Ireland hotseat.

My favourite quote of the last few days is from former Stoke and England player, Mike Pejic, talking about Keano: -

"I had him on an `A’ licence course at Lilleshall and at the end of the two weeks I was so impressed that I said to him that he would be manager of Manchester United and his country one day.

"He has an aura about him, but he’s also down to earth too, and has been like that as a player, manager, coach and assistant manager.

"Both Roy and Martin have also had their ups and downs in the game, so they know how to deal with the bad times and a team at the sharp end like Stoke are at the moment."

It's difficult to believe Stoke could get such a positive, motivational, management team while the United board persist with Moanrinho.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Gav, you're a Roy groupie wh*oe! lol

But in all seriousness, I would welcome Roy Keane at United. But nothing is guaranteed in today's game when it comes to successful tenure. He needs to prove himself first at another club. Just because he is an ex-player shouldn't be used as the sole criteria. we've seen many ex-players go on to manage their clubs with little to no success. Success is more plausible when there is a solid foundation and solid model pre-existing at the club, then bring in a proven manager.

13. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Phew it's over. O'Neill chose to stay with Ireland and Stoke have appointed Paul Lambert (unlucky for them).

Of course. He's United's most successful ever captain, the closest character match and natural heir to Sir Alex, the one manager who could return the style of play and standards that United were about.

Keano!

14. gav81

gav81 Active Member

United's future management team met for breakfast before yesterday's UEFA Nations League draw: -

New Wales boss Ryan Giggs got some tips in management from future opponent Roy Keane

And Giggsy had good things to say: -

“I know them both well, especially Roy. We had a coffee this morning at breakfast. They were giving me a few tips.

“I’m looking forward to pitting my brains against them both, they are tremendous football people.

“As a player, Roy was outstanding. If I was ever to pick a team, Roy would be the first on the teamsheet because of what he brought, not just on the pitch but off it, his winning mentality, his quality.

“Off the pitch, he’s someone who helps younger players, he drives the older players if they’re not pulling their weight.

“And he’ll take that into his coaching too.”

15. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I notice Smalling and Jones have come in for some flak following the Tottenham game. I would like to point out that Keane has had reservations about these two ever since they arrived...

"People have talked about the young players.

"You've had Jones, Smalling and Young coming in, everybody building them up, but they've got a lot to do. It's a reality check for some.

"I'd be getting hold of some of those lads, saying, 'You'd better buck up your ideas.'"

~Keano on United defeat to Basel, 2011

"As long as Blind and even Smalling, I'm not sure about him, or either Jones are playing centre-half, particularly in the Champions League against bigger teams [they will struggle]."

~Keano, September 2015

Vote Keano for manager!

luvgonzo likes this.
  16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Together they are a liability.

Jones is pretty solid with Bailly and Smalling seems to play ok with Rojo.

Where was Lindelof? Has he simply been given up on, I don't recall seeing him on the bench? Not that he's good enough really.

17. gav81

gav81 Active Member

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Phil Jones kind of reminds me of John O'Shea's career a little, as a youngster playing at fullback both players where superb and looked like they where really going to be key players for the side at the back for the long term.

I remember the way Jones used to storm down the wing with the ball taking players on, and looking like a real talent. But I watch him these days and just wonder what happened to that player?

Whilst O'Shea was a very good squad player, and a good servant for us, he never really kicked on after being young player of the year, and I feel Jones career is starting to go the same way.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Chief's right, Jones and Smalling just can't play together imho both are fine with other partners but I would prefer Jones out of the two.
    At one point I thought Smalling had finally reach the point we expected, unfortunately it only lasted a few months then he went back to being uncoordinated and panicky.

King Shergar likes this.
  20. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

gav81 likes this.