1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bob Peeters

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by cfgs, May 21, 2014.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Bob did say that he'd seen clips on the League show, that's all. I wonder where he thinks we're going to get these strikers from? FESN? Apart from that we don't compete in the transfer market against other Championship clubs.
    People didn't say much after Riga's first interview.
    What did you think of the interview, IA?

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

@ FHB

There is not much comment on Two Bob's interview because I think most Charlton fans are just numb to it now. When he talks about us being in for lots of players, you can almost see the strings moving as Katrien and Roly perch above him. It is utter, cynical bollox - literally treating people like fools. The Network are busy compiling a nice list of ****e for us to look after, and Bob will be told to doff his cap & then coach them.

3. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

has anyone seen anywhere a full transcript of the interview they could share? i'm refusing to pay for cack-player. two season tickets, VG, shirts and programs already leave a big hole.

4. ForestHillBilly

I didn't even like the bit about how nice everybody at Charlton was, because it sounded almost as though he was reading word for word from JR's opening statements.

5. User deleted as requested

@ SIG There is a one min piece of it on You Tube. It is the bit where Bob talks about all the good players he is signing for us, so don't watch it if you have any broken ribs <ok>

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

The scouts quite liked the look of a Neymar (??) from the highlights of a match played out last night. You heard it here first.

7. Iwantabettertakeover

Judging events thus far... The abysmal January transfer activity, players leaving for better contracts, the Poyet uncertainty, the handling of Riga, the yes man "head coach" from Belgium, the mediocre players bandied around as targets, none of that gives rise that better things are on the way...

Vol's right, I for one have become numb to it, and going by what I've seen so far you have hit the
    please log in to view this image

8. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i saw that, so he's looking for players in all positions.

9. User deleted as requested

"We are looking for strikers and ...errr.....wingers.....and errr.....some defenders as well"

Verbatim quote from Two Bob <ok>

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I went past an Aston Martin garage last week and looked at some very nice cars...... had no intention of buying one though <ok>

11. Thurrock Addick

Correct, literally the only positive thing that has gone on under RD was the upturn in results under Riga and subsequent survival, and look how that turned out for old JR.

I am not having that the training ground and re-doing the pitch as positive. I will believe the training ground when I see it and the pitch was always going to be done after this winter we had whoever was in charge.

Miserable time to be a Charlton fan.

12. ForestHillBilly

They also liked the look of some bloke called Carlos Alberto on a BBC clip, and are trying to find out who he plays for.

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Still probably quicker than Wood and Dervite.

14. IA

IA Active Member

So when Riga says folk are nice it's genuine. When Peeters says it, he's reading from a script?

I've not watched it yet. I might or I might not.

15. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

I wish people would give Peeters a chance. He has been branded a yes man for RD a puppet. Yet nobody has any idea what he is really like. It is all based on hearsay and the fact that Riga was not made Manager. He is going to have a hard enough time with the prospective squad at his proposal. I am going to give him my support as i would do to any Charlton Manager.I am rather sick of the negativity on most of the Charlton forums.

16. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Dick, if it looks like Lutefisk and it smells like Lutefisk and tastes like congealed snot...... then it probably is Lutefisk......
    same goes for Charlton Managers <ok>

17. User deleted as requested

On a positive note, can I say that I am very impressed with your latest Avatar ? Who is the young lady with the rather splendid pair of bosoms <ok>

18. ForestHillBilly

This is a forum for exchanging opinions, IA. I don't know what yours are. I'll be supporting Charlton next season, I've bought my season ticket. Like I said, maybe I'm being cynical, but I'm giving my impression of how our new manager came across to me, rather than nitpicking someone else's impressions!

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I've consistently been in the ''rose tinted'' bracket for as long as I've been on these forums - but right now I don't feel like I have much identity with the club as it is. That may well change, but as Billy says - I too have 2 season tickets purchased so will be at The Valley and several away grounds to see how this pans out. But some of the decision making in recent months have left me scratching my head and that leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling.

20. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

That is Kate Upton. She could make an old man very happy. Or a happy man very old.