1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BOARD WATCH: The Final Countdown....

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Aug 19, 2017.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Board Watch: The Final Countdown........to the summer transfer window which closes at 11pm BST on 31st August.

That’s 13 days for our Board to fill the gaping holes in our squad which have been there for all to see in the first two matches....and probably the whole of last season.

Lets see exactly what the Board will do on a daily basis in order to back our Manager, something Huw Jenkins asked the supporters to do in his programme notes today.

Day 1 – 19th August. Swans 0 Man U 4. No signings.
    Day 2 – 20th August - No signings.
    Day 3 – 21st August. - Bid for Sam Clucas accepted. Bid for Bony rejected. No signings.
    Day 4 – 22nd August - Interest shown in signing Santiago Arias. No signings.
    Day 5 – 23rd August - Sam Clucas signs. Stephen Kingsley leaves. Club in talks with Arias.
    Day 6 – 24th August - Bony signing is "close". No additional signings.
    Day 7 – 25th August - No additional signings.
    Day 8 – 26th August Crystal Palace v Swans.- No additional signings.
    Day 9 – 27th August - No additional signings.
    Day 10 – 28th August - No additional signings.
    Day 11 – 29th August - No additional signings.
    Day 12 – 30th August - No additional signings.
    Day 13 – 31st August – Renato Sanches loan deal. The Beast Returns. Ollie McFBurnie leaves on loan. Montero leaves on loan. We **** up the RB signing. 11pm Transfer Window Closes

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I predict that this thread will cheer everyone up no end over the coming days <laugh>

3. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I think we won't be chewing our nails up to transfer deadline, more like down to the knuckle. I bet we're still trying to get players in up to last minute and we cock it all up.

But Huw will come out and say we tried to get these big players, yeh yeh!!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Three players by the time the window closes I think . Striker , winger and a RB.

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I bet they haven't drawn up a list of targets yet.

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

We need a creative midfielder first.

Rhodthesod and 55282 like this.
  7. neveroffsidereff

100% and to get one we have to go abroad to get one.

8. PGFWhite

It's aim is to focus minds on the people at the Club who wield the power and to see exactly what they get up to in the next fortnight <laugh>

We'll be able to see exactly if their actions match up with their words. I hope they do!

seabreeze and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  9. neveroffsidereff

I'm not holding my breath. I don't believe a word that comes out of big noses gob!! It will be the usual bargain basement players were used to buying.

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I wouldn't mind wielding an axe at Huw <laugh>

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Good. I've heard it can be bad for you :)

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

To little to late....Who of any quality would want to come here now....Gylfi has confirmed that he told the club he wanted to leave last May so we could have easily gone for players like all the other clubs did but no we had to wait until the siggy saga was done......Where were the bloody Billionaire owners and millionaire board members ffs. These owners are as much good as any of us at the end of the day but at least the fans who do attend games actually put money into the club and all this shower do is take money....What a big let down and anybody who has the power to change things dont give a Fcuk.......Only the fans care and we are being short changed...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  13. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Anyone in particular ? I'm scratching my head trying to think of anyone. <laugh>

14. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

It may be someone that everyone asks , who the fek is he ? And he takes months to gel and get up to speed just as hes dropped to bench and we all look to january for our next disappointment!
    Or maybe what weve got will develope better skills ? <laugh>

15. PGFWhite

Day 2 - Everyone knows we need signings. We've had all summer to identify priorities. Every day that passes the selling Club's advantage increases and the price rises. I would expect some serious bids to be placed today.

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Keep scratching <laugh>

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You're on your own there then <laugh>

PGFWhite likes this.
  18. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

I think this summer shows your owners have no interest in investing properly in the playing squad. Why wait for the Gylfi money? He was always going. At this stage you should just be looking to add to the squad not get in 3-4 quality players to improve your starting line up. I know its early but its already looking like your relying on 3 sides being worse than you. Saw your game live v Southampton as I was abroad. Clement has you organised at the back but you dont offer much going forward and only poor finishing really got you the point. On the other hand I saw Watford who I thought were certainties for the drop play really entertaining attacking football and I was not suprised to see them win yesterday. I think they will win enough games to stay up.

Your owners remind me of the Hull ownership with their so called bids for Zahore. I see the same with you and Allen. Make it look as though you are trying to make a big signing. Doesnt suprise me your now in for Clucas - a decent player but not in Allens league. If you really wanted Allen then just offer £30m. Then identify payers who can attack and supply Abraham(who is an out and out goalscorer who relies on supply hes not going to tear defences apart on his own like Zahore can do with us) and if they are going to cost £20- 30m pay it. Youve got the Sky money plus the Gylfi money was already coming.

Think Huw Jenkins has questions to answer. I could understand it if the board was still local and were having to run on a tight budget due to costs. But selling to foreigners with massive TV revenue and a huge fee for your best player and little transfer activity for a squad that obviously needs strengthening doesnt look good from the outside. Where is all this money going if not on players? Didnt you get £10m for Jack Cork as well????!!!

19. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Nothing makes sense at the moment. Gyfli has been leaving for the last month. Why wasn't anyone lined up the second he left? Why are we now suddenly being linked with and having bids rejected after he had left? All these details should have been wrapped up and ready to sign on the dotted line the second he left us.
    Once again incompetence proves the norm at Swansea. With Huw running the show, I suppose it's not surprising. So ****ed off with it all.

20. neveroffsidereff

We should have got them in before, now we're left to pay inflated prices as we have cash on the hip, so clubs will screw us for every last penny they can get from us.