1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BOARD WATCH: The Final Countdown....

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Even Dai could do a better job!.................:1980_boogie_down:

seabreeze likes this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Nope! No transfer news, just the sudden realisation that you've wasted a few seconds reading this post :)

DragonPhilljack and swans-m like this.
  3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

So,you are not able to do a better job then ?

swanseaandproud likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Your heart has to be in it for success....This lot got no heart only greed that will bite us on the bum soon....I cant see us having a really good season under this lot. I only hope we will survive again...

5. LIBERTARIAN

The season is only three games old, and the doom and gloom is quite staggering. Despite all the negativity surrounding the owners, the Club are still in the P.L.

LydfordSA1 likes this.
  6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

When you have followed the Swans as long as some of us then you have a good idea what a good team is and a team that will struggle even before a ball is kicked...

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. LIBERTARIAN

History is just that- history. What transpired 30 years ago has little, or no, relevance today.
    The team has 4 points from 3 matches. Dozens of other teams would love to be in their position.
    Too many people have expectations way in excess of what can be reasonably achieved.
    Too many people are blinded by hatred of certain individuals and that is not a good place to be.

LydfordSA1 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  8. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

I would disagree with this. I can only speak for myself here but my expectation of the board is not for the team to be reaching crazy heights, realistically we are an average premier league team. My expectations are for the board to do right by the club and to keep their word.
    So far their actions have fallen short on both counts. Their initial promise to this club was investment. There has been zero investment on their part, but what they have done in their short time here is sell our top goalscorer, our club captain and one of the premier league's best creators.

The board have two days to change the minds of a lot of disgruntled fans and to do that they need to sign some quality replacements, because right now we have a squad extremely short of any depth and lacking quality in a number of positions.
    Arias, Sanches and Bony are signings we desperately need to make but recent history would show we are most likely closer to yet another transfer window disaster.

9. DragonPhilljack

Well said, my sentiments completely!...................<applause>

Just like to give a perspective here, that we as fans have a right to expect due diligence and endeavour on our behalf by the Board especially taking into account what happened last season, and the deceit that was perpetrated by the Jinx gang and the Yanks, yet while they speak, their words are empty, because they have not shown any signs of fulfilling what they have stated, no have they addressed the way they treated the fans Trust, if they had any remorse over the take over and what they did, then surely they would at least have demonstrated it by now, of course some may say that our expectation is far too high, but that of course would be utter rubbish, given the capital sums that have been generated by transfer sales this season, and what we have thus far spent, I could go on about the gross neglect last season in the transfer market, with Joe Allen, and the boards cynical soundbites this season to look as if they are really interested in putting that right, man I could go on and on about these last 2 or 3 seasons, but suffice to say we have been badly let down by this deceitful boardroom, and they have made no attempt to right matters, the silence is deafening.............<ok>

Transfers out:

Gomis
    Bray
    Gorre
    Cork
    Barrow
    Sigurdsson
    Kingsley

Transfers in:

Mesa
    Clucas

The above gives you an idea of what's going on, but it's by no means the complete picture this transfer window, our squad has been weakened again this season, with just 24 hours to the transfer windows closing? we are a joke.

Would you say letting Kingsley go was sound judgement? All this for Sam Clucas? And we could have had Joe Allen for £13m last year? Unbelievable. Clements so called contacts with all the big clubs and we go to Hull? Totally dumbfounded by the whole situation with whats going on right now.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  10. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

i think we have to wait for the end of the window to completely pass judgement. Its also difficult to compare last year to this in terms of players valueas this season has completely skewed things but I agree we should have secured Joe last year. Re Ash and Siggy the bottom line is both players wanted to go if the right offer came and Everton came up with the right offer so we were never going to retain them. What bemuses us all is the length of time it took to get the Siggy deal done.
    We are probably a couple of players short of where we need to be and at this stage in the window and that is far from ideal and Siggygate is probably the primary reason behind that, Although this season even loan players are commanding significant loan fees so its a very difficult market to work in. So fingers crossed we can get 1 or 2 players in that will make a difference but if we don't I still think we have enough to stay up (keeping those fingers crossed :emoticon-0100-smile )

11. LIBERTARIAN

Disagreement is what a forum needs. It's the life blood of any forum.
    I,for one,welcome it. I enjoyed your post.

I keep reading that the new owners gave their "word" on certain actions, but I don't recall ever seeing anything cast in stone. They are businessmen first and foremost, and haven't really been in the U.K. football scene long enough. They are still wet behind the ears. The Club are still in the P.L.,so what's the issue ? The season is only three games old, so why the panic ?

Your "expectations" are just that, YOUR "expectations". The owners owe you nothing. That may be a hard pill to swallow for football followers, but that's the reality.
    You are a customer. They are providing a product. You can take it, or leave it.

The three players you refer to had one thing in common,viz, a strong desire to leave, to seek pastures new, to enhance themselves in their chosen profession, and to earn more money. The owners did the only thing possible, and sold them for as much money as they could get. What were they supposed to do ? Hang on to disgruntled players, and have to let them eventually leave for nothing ? That action would have received equal condemnation from the faithful, so they simply couldn't win either way.

Not every player purchase is successful. We have bought some turkeys in recent years, so purchasing the three that you highlight would not, of itself, guarantee anything.

An interesting two days coming our way.

swans-m and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

You don't get relegated after 3 games <whistle>

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

The height of our ambition ? who knows

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ws/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-11079139

He’s one of Scotland’s top prospects - and now Swansea City are reportedly set to test Falkirk’s resolve with a £700,000 bid for Tony Gallacher.
    According to the Express, the Premier League club had an initial £500,000 offer for the full back turned down by Bairns chiefs but have now returned with an improved bid.
    The 18-year-old Scotland Under 19 international has made nine appearances for Falkirk this season. Incredibly he was linked with BARCELONA after just a handful of top team appearances last year, a link which he admitted left him “baffled”.
    Falkirk has been a regular hunting ground for the Swans - Stephen Kingsley and Jay Fulton have both made the move in recent years.

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Sell Llorente today and buy another Sunday pub league player from Scotland. What about developing Welsh boys ffs <doh>

15. LIBERTARIAN

The negativity was evident last season as well. In fact, negativity would appear to be the main currency on here. <ok>

16. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

17. DragonPhilljack

Talk is cheap, and we get a fair bit of it at the minute, don't hold your breath for these 'last two transfers' that the board have got Clement excited about, wouldn't surprise me if it's the usual smoke and mirrors from the nuggets, I mean how can you have confidence in this setup, after the 'Bob the builder' saga? I'm still staggered that we signed the door post, would any poster on here have made such an idiotic managerial appointment? How many of us laughed before Bobs appointment, thinking no they couldn't be this clueless, oh but they could, and they did, then you have jinx having a brain storm with handing Go-miss an £8 Million signing on fee? Unbelievable stuff from the nobs and nerds at the Liberty boardroom, my god I'm being negative!!!!!!.................<laugh>

Nobs and Nerds rant over, now in positive mode for deadline day spectacular announcement tomorrow............:emoticon-0102-bigsm

18. LIBERTARIAN

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

'Take a walk on the wild side' by Jinx & Co sounds an appropriate track, and you can supply the coloured girls!....... <laugh>

:emoticon-0159-music
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo:emoticon-0159-music

I have come to the conclusion Vetch that you are our very own Mensa-fied Sheldon! And I shall henceforth from now on, refer to you affectionately as Sheldon, you've now been launched with a bang, please refrain from too much excitement over your new found recognition.................<smooch>.........:emoticon-0109-kiss:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I'd prefer if they took a walk off a ****ing cliff.