1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Johnson

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TimPR78, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Please go back and re-read the tone of all your comments. I'm only commenting on what you put. I'm certainly not making stuff up.

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

You've mistaken the tone, I am afraid.

3. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

I don't believe I did. We just think differently about the severity of his crime, and definitely about the fact that fifteen year old girls cannot be held to have any level of culpability/responsibility/blame for actions conducted by a man who grooms them to enable sexual contact.

I know that if this were my kids involved, he would need to be locked up for a long time for his own safety.

East Herts Rangers likes this.
  4. Congleton_QPR

Congleton_QPR Active Member

An interesting debate.
    It might also be interesting to compare his sentence once it is handed out to that of a few FEMALE high school teachers who have recently been convicted of sexual relations with their 14/15 year old pupils and let off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
    The general concensus in these cases is that the lad in question is a lucky bugger and "if I'd been in his shoes" etc.
    What is the real difference between these two types of cases?

rangercol likes this.
  5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Very good question. I have been wondering the same reading through this thread. Also this legal age limit of 16 seems a good year too old to me.

6. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

The difference between sexual abuse of a child by a man and a woman is... well, there should be NO difference. The only way these are seen in different lights is by blokes going "wahey!!" when some teenage boy gets some action with an older woman. Which should make no difference whatsoever with the seriousness with which the courts ought to judge and sentence the abusers. The fact that these cases appear to be treated more leniently is a failing of the legal system, and can't be viewed as condoning such behaviour.

As for the legal age of consent being too high at sixteen - that's an entirely different argument, and one that does not need to take place. Some fifteen year olds are very aware and mature, whilst many are not. As the parent of a fifteen year old girl, I know that there's absolutely no way she would be ready for that kind of relationship, consensual or otherwise. I appreciate that other girls may well be different, but the law is set at 16 for a good reason, after many many days of debate over decades. It does not need debating further.

7. factamondo

factamondo Well-Known Member

What Johnson did is heinous....

But I lost my virginity at 15 to a 15 year old girl from school.....am I a peado?

8. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Interesting debate not sure I want to wade in really, all I will say is that for some of the more emotive posters here it is strictly black and white. Reality is that life is never so clear cut and definite particularly with something as murky as this.

QPR Oslo and rangercol like this.
  9. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Yep, and guilty of statutory rape. There are a lot of us around, but judgement tends to be flawed when you're 15

10. factamondo

factamondo Well-Known Member

Yes golds it's a delicate subject... Make no mistake Johnson needs the book thrown at him for what he did as he knowingly pursued an under age victim!

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it will be

12. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

the Suns front pg today is a disgrace though and an example of media and celebrity coulture trying to influence and dictate to a judge .

If Johnson was not a footballer he would get 2 years max if that .

This kind of case happens up and down the country daily , watch geremy kyle they are all there !!!

Watford , kind of agree , Johnson clearly has something wrong with him but at the same time there are presidents fir this age and type of case , fact is, if this was a couple of low life's this probably wouldn't have even been taken seriously by the old bill . People think .... yes he should be punished but he should be punished in line with every other wrongen that's skirted on the edge .

However !!!! What was he thinking . 15 16 , **** mate , keep your seedy thought in ya head he will pay a heavy price fir a rub I'm a Range Rover

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Deleted 1 likes this.
  13. Hertfordshire Qpr

Hertfordshire Qpr Active Member

I don't want to condone what he did, but let's be clear here, there is no smoke without fire.

I have to be honest here I have not followed the case in intricate detail but was he actually aware of her age ?

14. East Herts Rangers

East Herts Rangers Active Member

Yes he did. Blokes a nonce.

15. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

He may be .... Just .... But he is not on the level of jimmy savile and Levi that has admitted multiple murders of young girls .... You think that's right fur the sun to make that kind of comparison ? What about Johnson wife and family ? Should they be associated at that kind of level ? Bel field and saville ??

16. Hertfordshire Qpr

Well, if that is indeed the case then they should throw the book at him.

The point I was alluding to was, I have been in clubs in London, footballer haunts if u like and I have seen these youngs girls literally throw theirselves onto this football players.

With that said it is still no excuse for using 0 common sense and restraint.

That's is precisely the problem with the footballers of today, they have f.uck all morales.

East Herts Rangers likes this.
  17. East Herts Rangers

Didn't see the the Sun, What was the jist ?

18. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

The Sun are just trying to sell papers.

Johnson should be sentenced for his crime, not for any other one the media care to print.

Which means grooming with intent, and two cases of sexual activity with a child. Which should result in a hefty enough sentence...

19. East Herts Rangers

Sorry didn't read your post thoroughly enough. Associating Johnson with Bellfield is clearly wrong. Bellfield is a sadistic murderer who should be put down IMO. Saville used his position & celebrity to put him in a position where he could accost his victims, not dissimilar to AJ.

20. Hertfordshire Qpr

Come on that nonce saville was on a totAlly different level to this

I don't know if anyone else saw it on the news, but saville was on top of the pops touching that young girls S.rse

A wrongon on every level and lucky he is brown bread as he would of got swerved up proper in the nick.