1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Johnson

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TimPR78, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

No banging at all

2. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Have to say I feel slightly sorry for Margaret Byrne at Sunderland. One of your star players that could pull you out of relegation is arrested, says he knows the girl in question and admits to kissing her, but denies any major impropriety. It takes a strong chief exec to suspend in that circumstance...
    hindsight says she wasn't strong enough

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I think the key thing is that she had seen evidence that he had been kissing an underage girl. She should have suspended him there and then.

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Yes, after all is said and done, there is only one respectable minor you can associate with :biggrin:............................ and thats' a Morris!

please log in to view this image

5. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

In hindsight, it's clear you're right, Col. But looked at it in context, here was an executive desperate to avoid her club being relegated, and hearing that one of the club's most important assets admit kissing a fifteen year old but saying there was nothing more and that any case against him would collapse. The pressures on her made it easier for her to say, OK, but he's innocent until proven guilty.

She was wrong. Members of the Sunderland board say they didn't know. I wonder... May be she is in fact taking a bullet for all of them. It'll be a lesson for the chief execs of other clubs, so that at least is positive