1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Yep, didn’t they find a load of horses either dead or close to death at a dried up water hole? Awful what Mother Nature sometimes delivers

Cyclonic likes this.
  2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I hadn't heard about it Oddy so checked it out. As well as the 40 dead wild brumbies, they had to cull another 50 due to their terrible condition. Horrible stuff.

3. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

SwanHills likes this.
  4. OddDog

Staff Member

bayernkenny and SwanHills like this.
  5. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Bunch of arrogant pompous pricks the lot of them Oddy!

SwanHills likes this.
  6. OddDog

Staff Member

I would liken them to the brown stains in the snow in your penguin article Ste <laugh>

Ste D likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

We really don't deserve Earth the way we are treating it, I wouldnt blame God if he thought 'I gave them this beautiful planet and look what they have done with it, time to end this sharade'(take your pick how he chooses to end it, my preference is another planet crashing in, something like this!)

9. Cyclonic

It's unlikely that we'll be hit by another planet Ste, but a huge chunk of rock is on the cards.

10. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

I booked a flight to Kenya. KLM and Kenya airways.
    Leaves my local airport 1730 to Amsterdam and on to Nairobi arriving early morning 0600.
    About a month ago I get a message they have changed my departure to 0630 arriving 2210 as they dont operate the later flight now, they do, i checked.
    I call them and say no thanks im not getting up 0300 for that and it is an extra nights hotel cost..
    They then offer 0930, I said the 1330 will do but they say its full. Okay 0930 i will take.
    So today i get my 0930 and it is delayed an hour, I miss my connection in Amsterdam so they put me on the original evening overnight flight, the one they say they dont operate.
    So i am stuck at Schipol for 8 hours, they give me a 10 euro voucher for food, kind of them.
    However, they will also now have to give me an EMD voucher for the cost of my flight, so not too bad for me but what crap business for them. No wonder airlines are struggling.

11. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Has anyone seen today’s ‘Daily Mail’??? Unquestionably the most blatant piece of subliminal advertising (if such a thing can exist) that I’ve ever seen. The front page headline is ‘Proof Obesity Kills’ whilst immediately above it is an advertisement stating ‘FREE INSIDE. The fastest-selling slimming cookbook EVER recipe pull-out’.

Truly staggering. What sort of fool would fall for this?!? In saying that though reading through my copy there are some lovely sounding recipes detailed within.

redcgull and OddDog like this.
  12. Cyclonic

Silly us.The good lady and I let the joy of buying a 75 inch tv blind us to the reality of what was about to befall us. We're now being monstered by the **** programs forced upon us by the broadcasters. This huge edifice is vomiting enormous volumes of 20, 30 and 40 year repeats of repeats into my lounge room at a mind numbing rate. The 42 wasn't all that bad, it could sort of be ignored, but the 75 insists on pressuring me into submission. ****er.

It wouldn't be so bad if the light of my life wasn't into shows like Walker Texas Ranger. I could take an episode once a week, but 4 straight hours blasted at me every Friday night by the big flashing bastard against the wall is beyond a reasonable ask. I'll keep the woman and I'll keep the television, and hopefully, I'll keep my sanity.

So saith the grumpy old man.

Reebok and redcgull like this.
  13. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

75 inches Cyc, that's some beast! I recently upgraded to 42 inches. I took some persuading as I thought it was a bit lavish. To be honest we don't need a tv at all as I can see one of my neighbours' TVs perfectly from my bedroom window even though their house is a good 60 yards away. They must have a monster like yours.

redcgull and Cyclonic like this.
  14. OddDog

Staff Member

I started watching Inferno with Tom Hanks on TV last night, had to give up after about 15 minutes it was driving me ****ing crazy. Jittery camera movements, flashing lights, pictures zapping between vision and reality. Christ an epileptic would have been on the floor.

Chaninbar and Cyclonic like this.
  15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Name dropper <laugh>

16. Train fares - again. Looked at booking a holiday to the Lakes in August. Even with a discount it would be 250 quid return on the train. Going to York for the Dante and that's 35 quid return. Does anyone know why it is so much more to do North West than North East?

17. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

no method to the madness that is rail fares, sooner they’re brought under public ownership the better , simple fares , transparency, like the rest of europe seem to do pretty well ....

18. Cyclonic

I missed that one Ron. <laugh>

I'm impressed that Oddy and Tom Hanks are such good mates.

19. OddDog

Staff Member

He shagged my sister a few years ago <laugh>
    (Just kidding Tom)

Cyclonic likes this.
  20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Scissors. The bit through which the thumb goes through. It's big enough to slip your thumb through to use the scissors but always seems as though someone has tightened it to make it as difficult as possible to get the thumb out again